Jennifer Lopez | Music

BigGayDeal.com

Jennifer Lopez's Onstage Breakdown At Mohegan Sun

J-LoMohegan
It was megacasino Mohegan Sun's 15th anniversary gala. J-Lo headlined. According to The Daily Mail:

She's maintained a dignified poise ever since her break-up with husband Mark Anthony, but tonight Jennifer Lopez broke down in front of a packed auditorium as she sang about love.

The 42-year-old was shimmering through her headline performance at the Mohegan Sun Arena's 15th anniversary celebration when she started sobbing and had to leave the stage.

Jennifer had just performed a raw, unembellished rendition of 'If You Had My Love' when she told the audience that the 1999 track was 'the first song I wrote about love.'

Ah, poor thing. You can see some videotape of J-Lo's pre-cry song AFTER THE JUMP. IMHO: J-Lo's post-divorce pathos improves it considerably.

Comments

1. "Ah, poor thing."

With excruciatingly poor taste in husbands. Yechchchcch - that slimy, rodent-like neurotic! How anyone could get near him is beyond me.

Posted by: Pixelwizard | Oct 23, 2011 7:36:35 PM

2. The first song about love -she- wrote?

Posted by: H | Oct 23, 2011 7:56:18 PM

3. She "wrote" that song? Hmmmm...me thinks she wrote that much like Madonna and Beyonce "write" their songs!

Posted by: Tagg | Oct 23, 2011 8:36:44 PM

4. And I thought she was actively trying to break Elizabeth Taylor's record. "Poor thing" indeed.

Posted by: YvesPaul | Oct 23, 2011 8:41:18 PM

5. Why did I just watch that?

Posted by: Boop | Oct 23, 2011 9:23:43 PM

6. Jennifer Lopez is a real person?

Posted by: jvvoru | Oct 23, 2011 9:58:46 PM

7. "Poor thing", indeed. Forgive me, but whoever writes this weekend stuff is major, low-life snark. Don't have anything better to say about the comments, either. A bunch of jerks.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 23, 2011 10:27:12 PM

8. No, this is not like Madonna. J. Lo isn't even a credited writer on this song. So if she's taking credit for it...wow.

Now to Brandon. "Raw" performance? "Post-divorce pathos"?? Like, if you're a fan, fine, but good lord, pretending Jennifer Lopez is a serious musician and/or artist is hilarious at best, inaccurate journalism at worst.

Posted by: Robert | Oct 23, 2011 10:28:52 PM

9. I'd hardly call a multi-millionairess "poor thing."

Posted by: Brian | Oct 23, 2011 10:38:08 PM

10. Oh yes Brian, I believe her mom won two casino slot machine jackpots. And Jamal, I don't think you have to worry too much about poor Jennifer, she's already been seen dating Bradley Cooper. I'm sure she'll recover very soon. Oh and did you know that she dated Ben Affleck while still married to her second husband Cris Judd? Don't worry, a girl like her recovers from these small things VERY fast.

Posted by: YvesPaul | Oct 24, 2011 12:13:52 AM

11. Dear Jamal:

I wasnt being snarky.

- BKT

Posted by: Brandon K. Thorp | Oct 24, 2011 1:01:21 AM

12. Dear Robert:

Nope. Not a J-Lo fan. That said, even a bad karoake singer can occasionally perform well. In this vid, I like how J-Los voice tapers to an awkward little squeak when she switches to her head voice. She sounds tired, and a little wistful.

- BKT

Posted by: Brandon K. Thorp | Oct 24, 2011 1:06:07 AM

13. BKT. "Poor thing" IS snarky. And this world doesn't need one more snark.

Posted by: uffda | Oct 24, 2011 6:34:31 AM

14. Oh Jamal...get real. No one thinks of J-Ho as a serious...ANYTHING! She is one step above Kim K. The women whores herself out at any given chance to make a buck. On the lighter side...I do think she makes great dance music but I never think of her as a singer.

Posted by: Tagg2 | Oct 24, 2011 8:18:14 AM

15. she crying because she was forced by contract to give up her bentley for a year to drive that new fiat. ay caramba!

Posted by: stevenelliot | Oct 24, 2011 10:37:35 AM

16. "Poor thing" is not inherently snarky. Stop projecting.

Posted by: Ben R | Oct 24, 2011 11:32:56 AM

17. Did I miss something? Where was the breakdown?

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 24, 2011 11:59:12 AM

18. Jennifer is still very upset and her portrayal of her life on stage was too much for her to handle.

Yes, I believe that the fans always touch her in a beautiful way, but I believe she is hurting and the moment was intense!

She is a human just like all of us so maybe a vacation would do her some good!

Just saying...

Still love ya Diva Lopez...Be Strong..Everyday is a battle for all to endure...You encourage us; we need to do the same for you!

Posted by: Gail | Oct 24, 2011 12:33:16 PM

19. Pobrecita!

Posted by: Leonel | Oct 24, 2011 6:25:25 PM

20. It's sad that she gets to be married multiple times for fun and I can't even get married once.

Posted by: ajjanthony | Oct 24, 2011 11:30:56 PM

21. I am a fan but whether or not one is I can't understand why some people have to belittle a person's heart ache. Jeez, yeah she has money & fame but that doesn't mean she can't hurt. I agree, poor thing!

Posted by: Barbara | Oct 27, 2011 10:15:20 AM