New York | News | Pink | Theatre

Pink Treats 'Sleep No More' Guests to Blazing Spontaneous Rendition of 'Summertime': VIDEO

Pink

Pink stepped up to the microphone at the Manderley Bar in the immersive Macbeth-inspired multi-floor NYC theatre experience Sleep No More over the weekend and joined Stella Sinclair (Karen Marie Richardson) in a powerful rendition of "Summertime", offering participants an unexpected treat.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(ps - if you haven't checked out Sleep No More, I'd recommend it. It won't be like any other theatre experience you've had)

Comments

1. Incredible!!

And I agree, Sleep No More is like nothing you'll ever experience. I'm planning on going again. For those who haven't gone yet, get there as early as possible because you'll want to stay in as long as you can.

Posted by: gabriel | Oct 27, 2011 11:14:51 AM

2. God that's so much more fun than all the overproduced music we see these days...

Posted by: mike128 | Oct 27, 2011 12:01:55 PM

3. She is a true remarkable talent.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 27, 2011 12:33:51 PM

4. Thanks for posting this - brightened a cloudy day!

Posted by: Scott | Oct 27, 2011 1:14:23 PM

5. Wow! Now that is a moment.

Posted by: JNJ | Oct 27, 2011 1:49:52 PM

6. I love the song; the performers are lively and spontaneous. But I really couldn't take the howling from someone near the video device. (Grump, grump.)

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Oct 27, 2011 1:55:52 PM

7. What a knockout, a truly special moment, charming, joyous and delightful. Something to save in your video file. Thanks for the posting.

Posted by: uffda | Oct 27, 2011 2:09:12 PM

8. SLEEP NO MORE is an astounding
    theatrical event...and for some of us who remember...it takes place in the haunts of Twilo and Sound Factory space...

A feast for all the senses...though not for everyone.

Posted by: mcNnyc | Oct 27, 2011 3:00:30 PM

9. I went to the Sound Factory - mainly because I used to work for the same owners in Miami Beach when they owned Club Z. I'm going to NYC next month - I want to see "Sleep No More".

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 27, 2011 3:05:26 PM

10. Pink can SANG!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 27, 2011 4:23:53 PM

11. Pink you ROCK my WORLD.

Posted by: Donny with a "D" | Oct 27, 2011 6:32:39 PM

12. "WOW"..............PINK "STOOD UP AT THE MIKE" AND TRIED TO SING AND OUTSHINE A BLACK WOMAN WHO IS SINGING A TRADITIONAL GENRE OF MUSIC THAT IS NATIVE TO >>HER<<....AND YET....AS USUAL....SHE GETS ALL THE GLORY??????????? TYPICAL BS...

Posted by: Shannon | Oct 28, 2011 12:38:48 AM

13. First, how is the genre traditional to a black woman but not to Pink? Second, she didn't try to outshine anyway. She obviously was a bit nervous and had a lot of respect for the other woman's voice. Pink even said, "I could listen to you all day." I'm pretty sure she was basically asked to go up and perform and I think the event meant a lot to both performers.

Shannon, take a pill.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 30, 2011 5:46:42 PM

14. Shannon - it's not traditional, it's a musical standard written by a white man. And it's been sung by EVERYONE.

Posted by: Mr. McGinnis | Oct 31, 2011 10:51:39 AM