Towleroad Guide to the Tube #981

A CONVERSATION WITH SIRI: The iPhone 4S' new assistant, hands-on.

IRA GLASS: The This American Life host plots a sex tape with Terry Gross.

MICHELLE OBAMA: Enlists children to help break world record for jumpin jacks on South Lawn of the White House.

RANDY PHILLIPS: The YouTube Airman's 'Coming Out Day' message.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. As a diehard TAL listener, that is my favorite parody I have ever heard. It's pitch perfect.

Posted by: AndyinChicago | Oct 12, 2011 6:22:02 PM

2. With all of our self-appointed LGBT "leaders", we can do -- and have done -- a lot worse than Randy Phillips. He's not obnoxious, he's not stupid, he doesn't have a hidden agenda and the message he has is one the world needs to hear. I hope he always remains unspoiled and I suspect he will. I'm proud to have him be a public face for our community.

Posted by: justme | Oct 12, 2011 6:33:34 PM

3. Randy Phillips is the best thing to happen to gay PR in a long, long, long time. He's exactly what's needed...hopefully more kids like him come out soon in inspirational ways.

Posted by: Cory | Oct 12, 2011 6:38:42 PM

4. I'd like to know if Randy Phillips is single. He has "husband material" written all over him.

Posted by: Justin | Oct 12, 2011 7:04:08 PM

5. "Coming out is like throwing up." I don't think I've heard anyone describe it better.
    Love this guy.

Posted by: David | Oct 12, 2011 7:31:26 PM

6. Every time I see Randy Phillips he reminds me of a young Nicolas Cage. I think it's the eyes and some of his facial expressions. I think he's much more handsome than Cage, but whenever I see him Nicolas Cage comes to mind.

Oh, well. I agree, he is a good spokesman and I wish him much success as a tow truck driver or whatever he decides to do with his life. He seems like he has his life under control, which is some feat for someone so young.

Posted by: Bob R | Oct 12, 2011 7:47:32 PM

7. That Ira Glass video made my life!

Posted by: at | Oct 12, 2011 10:09:57 PM

8. Randy Phillips is a brave man and a real sweetie-pie--a bit tongue-tied, but so open and honest. I'm glad things are working out for him and his family. I'm sure he'll make some lucky man very happy.

Posted by: Matt in PDX | Oct 12, 2011 10:42:30 PM

9. Funny, I always assumed Ira Glass was gay. My bad!

Posted by: NJ boy | Oct 12, 2011 11:10:59 PM

10. Randy Phillips is a fine example for the Gay community, but also a fine example of an American.
    Serves his country, loves his family, shows love for the Gays who have not come out yet. His parents should be very proud of his.

Posted by: GaryJ | Oct 13, 2011 2:46:34 AM