Models | News | Rick Genest

Rick Genest (aka Zombie Boy) in Reverse: VIDEO

Genest

Rick Genest, Mugler muse, has his tattoos reversed in perhaps the best ad ever for concealer.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The boy is cute. I love his smile and besides being cute he has to have some major cojones.

Posted by: rayrayj | Oct 20, 2011 6:38:51 PM

2. All the guys I've known who have extensive facial tattoos are all lookers. I'm glad people like Rick exist, I think his tattoos are great and I support what makes him happy, but I'll never get this. I can't help but marvel at why men who are perfectly fine-looking would do this to themselves.

Posted by: justme | Oct 20, 2011 6:55:37 PM

3. Talk about gilding the lily.

Posted by: Smartypants | Oct 20, 2011 7:17:19 PM

4. This is an amazing ad.

Posted by: metroptomist | Oct 20, 2011 10:42:26 PM

5. With or without the tattoos, I don't find this guy attractive at all. But that is a very impressive product. That kind of opacity while maintaining a natural look is remarkable.

Posted by: atomic | Oct 20, 2011 11:02:58 PM

6. He is living art

What he has had done to himself is so far beyond tattoos it is like comparing the sun to a firecracker.

Tattoos are gross and a waste of good flesh, but what he has done is art. When he is dead it is art that will no longer exist which makes it even more amazing

The reasoning behind why he did it all is touching. He thought he was dieing of cancer and his family kicked him out of the house.

Each bit of tattooing on him blends and compliments the rest.

Anyway; that is some damn impressive cover up make-up

Posted by: say what | Oct 20, 2011 11:16:25 PM

7. Bleh.

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 20, 2011 11:28:38 PM

8. Cue the frigid queens who hate everyone different in three, two, one...

Posted by: Dev | Oct 20, 2011 11:32:07 PM

9. I like.

Posted by: Ty | Oct 21, 2011 12:58:17 AM

10. maybe this is the product they use for Lea Michelle.

Posted by: allan | Oct 21, 2011 1:38:04 AM

11. I always wondered what he'd look like under all the ink. I never anticipated that I'd get to see! Honestly, I think he's hotter with the art. Decent looking guy in flesh tones, but mesmerizing as art.

Posted by: Iko | Oct 21, 2011 1:51:10 AM

12. Tattoos are appalling, but this is a sad defilement of one's own body. More regretfully, it's a permanent one.

Posted by: Andy | Oct 21, 2011 2:05:05 AM

13. The final effect is that of a corpse prepped for a funeral home viewing.

Posted by: The Grim Reaper | Oct 21, 2011 2:22:27 AM

14. Best. Ad. Ever!

Posted by: Wirrrn | Oct 21, 2011 2:41:29 AM

15. As a professional make-up artist for over twenty five years.... this is amazing!

Posted by: oliver | Oct 21, 2011 4:18:24 AM

16. in a video, him/his art are great to look at on multiple levels. that said, there are a few insanity "tells" here on the streets of NYC., and top of the list/No.1: if someone's face is inked, 99% of the time, they're insane. No. 2 "tell": an African-American Republican.

Posted by: nickv | Oct 21, 2011 5:21:07 AM

17. i wonder if he looks at the non-tattooed self and thinks "what did I do?"

Posted by: Frank | Oct 21, 2011 10:35:52 AM

18. I love all the backhanded compliments. Who cares about your judgments. If I had a dollar for every time some gay man told me I'd be so attractive without all those tattoos...we're not here for your consumption.

Posted by: Toro Castano | Oct 21, 2011 10:56:37 AM

19. Does anyone know the music playing in the background???

Posted by: Jason | Oct 21, 2011 11:41:34 AM

20. Cool. Looks great with our without.

Posted by: Yes | Oct 21, 2011 12:07:06 PM

21. @Dev, having an unfavorable opinion doesn't make someone a frigid queen, so please knock off the annoying name-calling.

Posted by: Jesus | Oct 21, 2011 12:17:56 PM

22. I think he is beautiful, it's sad that so many gay men have a very narrow perception of beauty. It's even sadder that so many gay men conform to that narrow perception in order to be thought of as hot. Far too many clones.

The song in the background is: There is hope by Zoo Brazil feat. Rasmus Kellerman.

Posted by: ZineLondon | Oct 21, 2011 12:23:43 PM

23. Music:
    "There is Hope"
    Zoo Brazil Feat. Rasmus Kellerman.

Posted by: Snowdog | Oct 21, 2011 1:11:59 PM

24. Yes, it's certainly art. I'm fascinated by this guy, as I am with anyone who knows themselves intimately enough to make such changes to their body. (I feel the same kind of respect for trans folks.)

But all I could think of was how his mom probably cried when they put that concealer on him. :)

Posted by: The Milkman | Oct 21, 2011 1:52:39 PM

25. I'm not usually a fan of body canvas, but for some reason I make an exception for him, there's something about him...I just think he's cute.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 21, 2011 3:42:45 PM