AIDS/HIV | Hip-Hop | Lil B | News

BigGayDeal.com

Rapper Lil B Releases HIV-Awareness Song 'I Got AIDS': LISTEN

Lilb

Rapper Lil B, who made headlines earlier this year when he released an album titled "I'm Gay", has released a track to raise HIV awareness, called "I Got AIDS".

Said Lil B to MTV News:

“A lot of guys think it’s cool to have sex with a lot of women. I’m not having sex with all these women. I lie about it a lot; I lie about having sex with 40 girls. I’m not doing that, and I want people to know, if you are doing that, you are at high risk of getting AIDS or other STDs and you need to make sure you get tested. This is me paying back to the world and just being truthful, honest, and doing something that I feel is right.”

Listen (warning: language), AFTER THE JUMP...

Writes Lil B in the YouTube description:

PLEASE EVERYONE I MADE THIS TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT I LOVE AND RESPECT AND EVERYONE THAT LISTENS TO MY MUSIC AND LOVES BASED TO PLEASE GET TESTED AND PROTECT YOURSELF AND PARTNERS

AND BE SAFE,

I WANT YOU TO NO IF YOU HAVE SEX YOU ARE AT RISK

PLEASE USE CONDOMS AND HAVE SAFE SEX,

PLEASE I LOVE YOU,

IF YOU CARE ABOUT ME UPLOAD A VIDEO OF YOU GOING TO GET TESTED AND SEND TO ME I WILL ALSO UPLOAD A VIDEO OF ME GETTING TESTED,

I LOVE YOU AND IF YOU ARE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE NO YOU HAVE SUPPORT - Lil B

Comments

1. While a valiant effort, Lil' B's title got scooped by an interlude featured on Salt N' Peppa's Very Necessary released 18 years earlier...

Posted by: ben | Nov 14, 2011 8:33:44 PM

2. I applaud him for speaking out on this very important issue, but as someone who enjoys hip-hop music as well as other genres, this song is just not very good. I wouldn't want to hear the rest of the album based on this single.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 14, 2011 8:58:47 PM

3. @Brian: Do you know what "a propos" means?

If not, look it up: http://www.answers.com/topic/apropos

Posted by: ophu | Nov 14, 2011 9:16:26 PM

4. Part of me is thinking "Girl, Bye" to this dude. The same dude who is know for such masterpieces as "Ellen Degeneres (Swag)."

He seems sincere, so I will withhold my judgment.

Posted by: New-new | Nov 14, 2011 9:41:11 PM

5. AIDS has nothing to do with being gay. I think it's insulting to connect the two. Such a connection also contributes to homophobia.

As for music's overall treatment of gay and bisexual men, it's appalling. Whereas women have number 1 hits with I Kissed A Girl, no man is allowed to have a similar hit where he kisses a boy.

There's a very ugly, grubby double standard in the music industry which needs to be pointed out.

Posted by: jason | Nov 15, 2011 7:25:02 AM

6. <3 We need revolutionaries in the black community to question the status quo. We are all in slavery.

Posted by: hmhm | Nov 16, 2011 7:51:46 AM