Woman Uses Pepper Spray on Rival Wal-Mart Shoppers as Crowds Riot for $2 Waffle Irons: VIDEO

Here’s video of the alleged pepper-spray melee:

Comments

1. says

L.A. nut jobs! We’re much more civilized here in the The City (SF).;-) Husband has taken 4YO son downtown via cable car for shopping and lunch.(Ding ding! Son loves it! Conductor holds him up to ring the bell!)

2. Nat says

I normally don’t regard myself as an anti-consumerist, but watching this ongoing debacle is more than a little nauseating.

Still, I wonder how many people from the Occupy movement were rolling into stores to take advantage of the deals.

3. Dback says

I am not going to paint all Wal-Mart shoppers as knuckle-draggers, but it is interesting to me that every year, so many of these incidents to happen because of or to Wal-Mart shoppers. People, have some freakin’ class and dignity for Christ’s sake (literally!). My guy and my dad and I are having a quiet day at home for a few (did a family breakfast this morning), before seeing “Hugo” and having dinner somewhere. No shopping, no hysteria.

4. says

I work at a New Jersey grocery store (the nicest one in the area, supposedly). The customers are nasty, the management drools over the slutty teenage girls that work there and the male employees are a bunch of pot heads. Ahhh retail.

5. redball says

Well, at least no one died in a human stampede this year like that other Black Friday. (And boy is it sad that I even had to utter that sentence!)

Honestly…I always sleep in past noon on the day after Thanksgiving, so I don’t get how people are even awake in time for the “Get your $2 waffle & get shot in the face or stampeded to death” Black Friday events. :-)

6. gregory brown says

The note about spraying in different locations to get preferred access is not reported in some of the other online versions I read earlier today. At least a couple suggested she was angry about other people trying to cut lines and/or protecting her children. Whatever version is most accurate–she participated in a trashy spectacle and stood out from the herd. When will she be invited to do a spot on ET?

7. says

Incidents such as these are sad and shameful for the world-view of our country. Just 24 hours after we are supposed to give thanks and show compassion for those in need, all of this comes to surface from the Capitalist mania the public is worked into by Big Business. I wrote an article about the true meaning behind our holiday and a warning about our national disgrace which is Black Friday at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2010/11/wishing-you-and-yours-bountiful-harvest.html

8. say what says

Blah, screw that mess.

I stayed home set the lawnmower to mulch and just rolled on over all the leaves . 😛 The easy/ lazy way to do it while making organic fertilizer for the greenest lawn in the neighborhood

Would have only been better if I had had a beer while doing it

9. Nat says

“(And before the PC-types start lecturing me about being “anti-poor” or “elitist” etc., I’d like re-emphasize: this is not about socio-economic class. This is about how Wal-Mart, with its relentless Black Friday marketing, attracts and almost encourages a certain ruthlessness and self-centered mentality in many of its shoppers.)”

I see no reason not to focus some attention on wrongness, regardless of the wrongdoers’ socioeconomic status.

This was the essential flaw with OWS’s anti-capitalist screed: a good percentage of the public are self-absorbed animals who do not hesitate to step on another person’s throat to get ahead. We witness people willing to kill each other over $3 worth of plastic; they’re not going to be revolting any time soon.

10. Guest says

In the lower video (“Woman pepper sprays fellow Black Friday shoppers”), the Walmart staff and security look like they’re more in control of the situation.

What I’m really looking at is the upper video (“All this Over a $2 Waffle Maker?”) In this video, the scene is utter madness. All of the men and (fortunately) the majority of the women look like they are stoically observing the madness. As far as the madness itself… not a kind reflection on American womanhood. Just not. Which misguided part of American culture has produced this sociopathic behavior in such a large minority of American women? (Lucky for the nation that it’s only a minority.)

11. Alex says

I actually worked on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I’m not sure who is more pathetic, myself for working or people who stoop to such depths…for a waffle iron.

12. Paul R says

Anyone who didn’t go out today and buy things they didn’t need or gifts for people who probably don’t want them might as well get “I Hate America” tattooed on their face.

But in honesty, I think Nat had it wrong when he said he didn’t expect to see people revolting soon. I think this kind of this is pretty damn revolting already, and has been for years.

13. jamal49 says

Well, this just about sums up America in the 21st century. Can’t wait for the 2012 elections. Those kind of people not only vote. They procreate. God help us all!