Gay Marriage | Maggie Gallagher | News | Thanksgiving

Maggie Gallagher Offers Tips on Defending Your Anti-Gay Views at Thanksgiving Dinner: VIDEO

M_gallagher

NOM's Maggie Gallagher (speaking for the 'Culture War Victory Fund') tells anti-gays to stand their ground at Thanksgiving and try to cover up their bigotry with a call for tolerance, and some pie.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. Are you kidding? She's an Admiral in the Gravy Navy!

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 23, 2011 11:57:36 AM

2. It's hilarious that "elite voices" is now the way to categorize rational equal rights conversations.

Posted by: David | Nov 23, 2011 12:01:37 PM

3. "The sow is mine...."

Posted by: Jakrabt | Nov 23, 2011 12:07:33 PM

4. @Little Kiwi:

It shames me so much that this bigot purports to have an Irish name "Gallagher"....
    She has nothing in common with us; we despise her vile self righteous bigotry.
    She can call herself "Shrivastev" or whatever.......but oh the shame of thinking her as one of us !
    Never, never, never.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 23, 2011 12:18:24 PM

5. I'm as anti-NOM as one can be. But once again, quite a few of you prove you're no better than her by mocking her weight. Stay classy, folks.

Posted by: Brandon | Nov 23, 2011 12:26:19 PM

6. Different things differently? Like the argument once made that God put different races on different continents to ensure that they did not intermarry.

Also, I bet pie is the only thing that would shut her up.

Posted by: Puddy Katz | Nov 23, 2011 12:36:19 PM

7. LOTS of pie. Have another dozen pies Maggie. You deserve it for working so hard this year.

Posted by: Marc C | Nov 23, 2011 12:38:28 PM

8. It's her big day!

Posted by: anon | Nov 23, 2011 12:39:36 PM

9. Step 3: A call to tolerance?

Really? "Lead by example" you hideous sanctimonious prat.

Posted by: jexer | Nov 23, 2011 12:46:48 PM

10. Everytime I hear this woman speak I am more and more convinced she is mentally ill and is in need of psychiatric treatment.

Posted by: Stephen Tropiano | Nov 23, 2011 12:52:09 PM

11. As a queer woman who's finally been victorious in a four and a half decade battle with body-image issues and obesity, mocking her weight is the last thing I would do. However, when a woman easily weighs three hundred pounds and opts for Paul Weller's haircut circa 1983 in addition to crusading against glbtq equality 24/7/365, I can't help but suspect she doth protest way the hell too much.

Seriously, Maggie, get help. You'll be glad you did (and I suspect we'll be even gladder...)

Posted by: Shelly | Nov 23, 2011 12:54:50 PM

12. What's up with that Rosie O'Donnell (circa 2002) haircut?

Posted by: Walt | Nov 23, 2011 12:59:31 PM

13. When she spoke in Tucson she had problems because of her diabetes. Really, if she continues using food as therapy for her unhappy life, she will dramatically decrease her lifespan.

Posted by: homer | Nov 23, 2011 1:09:36 PM

14. It was diabetes that kicked me in the ass towards finally seeking treatment for my underlying affective/anxiety disorders. If she's not even heeding that red-flag, I don't suspect she's likely to turn around anytime soon. But, then, this perverse crusade of hers backs her ever more into a corner. Difficult for anybody to snap out of decades of delusion enough to see they need help, but when you've devoted your whole life to very publicly denouncing and fighting the very thing you can't deal with inside yourself, it's gotta make it exponentially harder to summon the courage and drop your armor since it's become such a huge component in your self-image.

Posted by: Shelly | Nov 23, 2011 1:22:01 PM

15. Wow, she is such a self loathing lesbian. She could not look any more gay if she tried...

Posted by: Michael | Nov 23, 2011 1:35:49 PM

16. That thing on her head should not be allowed anywhere near the dining table during Thanksgiving. It looks like it would go straight for the turkey.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Nov 23, 2011 1:47:12 PM

17. Love what you did with your hair Maggie! GUrrrl, who cut your hair? Your STRAIGHT stylist?

Posted by: Rex | Nov 23, 2011 2:02:14 PM

18. She actually said here's some "ammo" for establishing what she wants to be peaceable conversation?

Posted by: Scott | Nov 23, 2011 2:03:31 PM

19. I would like to slap her.

Posted by: Mike from Chicago | Nov 23, 2011 2:05:56 PM

20. Nothing says tolerance better than giving people "ammo" to defend themselves with over Thanksgiving dinner.

Pass the "gravies"...

Posted by: AERES | Nov 23, 2011 2:24:23 PM

21. She must a joy to have over a dinner.
    A common sence? Tolerant??
    Is she serious or is it just a bad comedy act?

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 23, 2011 2:33:30 PM

22. "Tolerance"? "It's not discrimination"? I think her brain was being rattled every time she shook her hairdo! Or, was she sitting on an ice cube? My stomach would be very distressed if this gas-bag phony was at my Thanksgiving family table.

Posted by: Jim | Nov 23, 2011 3:01:01 PM

23. My God, that asymmetrical Bob she's sporting is reason enough to hate her!

Posted by: David | Nov 23, 2011 3:20:28 PM

24. I thought I'd do the charitable, intellectual thing and actually listen to her swill. Then I saw her smug, piggy face drooping vapidly from the opening video still and simply couldn't stomach the thought of listening to a regurgitation of self-hating claims about victimhood, and how "normal" people are abused by those of us with a different set of inclinations. Couldn't NOM find someone attractive to pitch their poison? (Well, maybe it's a good thing that such an unattractive creature is the face of that organization.)

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Nov 23, 2011 3:30:10 PM

25. Oh that poor dear.
    Look at what the homosexuals have done to her.

Posted by: ELI | Nov 23, 2011 4:00:00 PM