Conan O'Brien | Morrissey | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Morrissey and His Band of Young Men Perform on Conan: VIDEO

Morrissey

Morrissey gave a rare TV performance on Conan last night.

Watch him sing “People Are The Same Everywhere", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well, I guess it is safe to say that musical talent is not the sole criterion for being part of his band. LOL. Must be nice to be his age and be able to surround yourself with a bunch of, well.....young men.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 30, 2011 3:38:38 PM

2. C'mon Rick

For Gods sake. Do you ever have anything upbeat and positive to say?

You make yourself sound like an old grinch

Posted by: chicagobull | Nov 30, 2011 4:17:26 PM

3. I'm pretty damn certain Morrissey is so banging in love with his guitarist and muse, Jesse Tobias. The Mozfather is just so obviously in love with him.

He lot go of the far superior Alain Whyte (and Boz Boorer has been delegated to not having any of his songs become singles) and made Tobias his muse, song writing partner, and main guitarist when he's so obviously terrible and comes from a musical background that would have gotten sacked since day one from the Moz entourage (Moz is well known for sacking crew just because he dislikes their music taste, among other petty things) if it weren't for the fact that he makes Morrissey's explosive kegs between his legs go crazy.

It's no surprise that he divorced his now ex-wife (singer Angie Hart) as soon as he joined the Morrissey band. The Mozfather is obviously much happier than he has been in years - ever since Ringleader of the Tormentors and Tobias came into his life. Unfortunately, his happiness means that his musical output just pales in comparison to the good ol' days with Marr and Whyte.

Posted by: Aldo | Nov 30, 2011 4:49:59 PM

4. Morrissey says the occasional appalling thing. But he remains intensely compelling. In my opinion, he is downright inspiring. I really hope his autobiography project gets completed and published; I'd love to read it.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 30, 2011 4:55:30 PM

5. Matt: it's slated to be published by the end of 2012.

And I completely agree with you. I really don't like Tobias's sound and wish Moz will come to his senses and realize that while, yeah, Jesse is a hot Latino man that makes him go all warm and fuzzy in his belly he is a subpar guitar player and a terrible songwriter BUT I will probably still buy his next album when he eventually does get signed and will be first in line for his autobiography.

Oh, and I attended all of his Texas concerts and had a blast.

Posted by: Aldo | Nov 30, 2011 5:08:08 PM

6. I'd get with the drummer or the organ player, myself..

Posted by: kodiak | Nov 30, 2011 6:18:03 PM

7. Ahhhhh Moz. Love him! Who's the woman on the t-shirts? Nico?

Posted by: Chicklets | Nov 30, 2011 7:25:11 PM

8. Last night when this aired I shot up from my bed when Conan introduced him. I was shocked. And impressed with the performance. And I enjoyed watching it again, here.

Posted by: James | Dec 2, 2011 1:56:56 AM