Barack Obama | Barney Frank | News

BigGayDeal.com

President Obama Lauds Barney Frank for Championing Finance Reform, Affordable Housing, LGBT Rights

President Obama released a statement on Barney Frank's retirement:

BobfThis country has never had a Congressman like Barney Frank, and the House of Representatives will not be the same without him. For over 30 years, Barney has been a fierce advocate for the people of Massachusetts and Americans everywhere who needed a voice. He has worked tirelessly on behalf of families and businesses and helped make housing more affordable. He has stood up for the rights of LGBT Americans and fought to end discrimination against them. And it is only thanks to his leadership that we were able to pass the most sweeping financial reform in history designed to protect consumers and prevent the kind of excessive risk-taking that led to the financial crisis from ever happening again. Barney's passion and his quick wit will be missed in the halls of Congress, and Michelle and I join the people of the Bay State in thanking him for his years of service.

Comments

1. Yikes! He's my congressman. I am going to miss him. The vaccuum here MA will be interesting to see how it gets filled. We lost one seat in Congress and the districts have been redrawn. The current district returned Barney again and again and again with large majorities.

Posted by: Daya | Nov 28, 2011 2:30:00 PM

2. I actually interviewed him when I was a reporter on Capital Hill, about a wetlands project in his home state. It was a minor publication, to say the least, and I couldn't believe he took the time for me. I also was just taking my first uncertain steps out of the closet. I thought, and think, that he's a remarkable man.

Posted by: Butch | Nov 28, 2011 2:33:41 PM

3. What an amazing American. I'm proud of the fights he has made on the behalf of all Americans. Affordable health care, reforms in the banking and ending discrimination against all people. He has affected more people than he will ever know. Thanks Barney

Posted by: demous | Nov 28, 2011 3:13:50 PM

4. Amen to that Mr. President. I hope we continue to hear Barney's eloquent honest voice for many years to come..

Posted by: Charley | Nov 28, 2011 3:39:51 PM

5. I think we need to divide his career into three parts: pre-scandal, post-scandal and post-Clinton. It's really only the 15 years between his scandal and 1999 that he was truly effective in a good way. After 2000 he became too much of a pal to cronies, etc. and it really fouled up his record. Dodd-Frank is a strange law in many ways. It seemed mostly designed to cement the failings of the previous eight years into law and absolve the pair from any blame.

Posted by: anon | Nov 28, 2011 4:28:16 PM

6. In a proclamation of unintended satire our fierce Bigot in Chief lauds our fierce Quisling in Chief, an opponent of same sex marriage in California in 2004 and fierce opponent of a strong ENDA in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and etc.

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Nov 29, 2011 2:20:33 AM

7. Very Useful information, this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key points and I learn some new stuff from it too.

Posted by: western sky | Aug 25, 2012 6:05:22 AM

8. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here!

Posted by: click here | Sep 6, 2012 1:26:34 AM

9. Great post about this. I am sure many visitors will find this very useful.

Posted by: Ladies & Men’s Clothing and Mattress and Pillow Protectors | Sep 8, 2012 3:00:07 AM

10. Looks are easily be changed by wearing many kind of modern dresses available in discounted rates on sites related to the discounted products.

Posted by: Greek | Nov 12, 2012 3:41:43 AM

11. Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done.

Posted by: Temecula Bankruptcy Attorney | Nov 20, 2012 2:23:37 AM

12. Knowledge giving Article! I appreciate you. I completely agree with you. If we talk about current scenario then it is must be update. I enjoyed reading. I would like to visit more for more queries.

Posted by: creative | Nov 20, 2012 6:47:44 AM

13. Our Hummer Wedding Limousines are available to Kitchener in different sizes and colours. We have a variety of Hummer limousines which are perfect for all occasions. If you want privacy then we have the 2-4 seaters.

Posted by: Hummer Limo Kitchener | Nov 28, 2012 1:17:07 AM

14. Your tips are remarkable. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful.

Posted by: Curacao vacation rentals | Jan 22, 2013 11:50:10 AM

15. Sounds more impressive by the fact that the average fuel consumption is 1.5 liters and the CO ² emissions of just 35 g / km.

Posted by: VAS 5054A | Sep 18, 2013 2:09:43 AM