News | T.I. | Tracy Morgan

BigGayDeal.com

T.I.'s Homophobic Big Mouth is Pissing Off Tracy Morgan

Tracy Morgan wishes rapper T.I. would keep his mouth shut, Rob Shuter reports:

Morgan"Tracy wishes T.I. would just shut up," a friend of the "30 Rock" actor tells me. "It has not only picked the scab off a very ugly wound, it has also put Tracy in a very difficult position. Does he issue a statement distancing himself from T.I. or does he say nothing?"

The comments that have Morgan straddling the fine line between staying under the radar and fighting back came from T.I.'s interview with Vibe, in which he referenced an off-color remark about gay men as "the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy say."

T.I. then suggested that the backlash against Morgan's stand-up routine was un-American.

Previously...
T.I. Tells TMZ He Stands By His Comments: VIDEO [tr]
T.I. : Celebs Should Be Able to Speak Against Gays Without Being 'Shut Down' [tr]

Comments

1. How difficult is it to say you don't like specific things a person has said? How craven. I guess Morgan's apology means nothing.

Posted by: Doing what? | Nov 30, 2011 9:23:30 AM

2. Why should Morgan be responsible for what someone else said?

Posted by: gaylib | Nov 30, 2011 10:03:22 AM

3. This seems like enough. You apologized, you are out. All this new drama is on T.I.

say nothing, you aren't beholden to anyone!

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 30, 2011 10:04:44 AM

4. Morgan should say nothing. He has apologized and his bit is over. TI is the fool who is pushing this garbage forward...oh, and the gay blogosphere.

Posted by: JWL | Nov 30, 2011 10:21:10 AM

5. It amazes me that anyone thinks anything that Tracy Morgan says is funny. If he manages to, it's definitely written for him. He is not a bright man. So it's not that this is an ethical issue for him; he just doesn't want to want to deal with the issue again.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 30, 2011 10:50:14 AM

6. @ Paul R

Exactly. Morgan isn't capable of self-reflection even standing in a mirror.

Posted by: Christopher | Nov 30, 2011 11:39:51 AM

7. To the clueless out there: If Tracy Morgan doesn't know what to say in this situation, then he isn't really sorry. Those of us in the habit of keeping at least one light on upstairs already knew that.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Nov 30, 2011 1:04:07 PM

8. I wonder how T.I. would feel if hate speech against the African-American community was tolerated, supported and touted as the American ideal (again). I guess white-supremists and neo-nazi's should use his excuse to spew BS as well.

T.I., The world has enough BS and hate, find something more constructive to speak about, Dumbass.

Posted by: J. Page | Nov 30, 2011 2:47:42 PM

9. yes, really I don't care about Tracy(woman's name) and then i can care less of what an ex- convict has to sayand he has been in jail more than two times, T.I is saying something to stay relevant because at this point nobody cares what he or his wife are doing. T.I do us all a favor a go back to the rock under you came from

Posted by: josepe | Nov 30, 2011 4:05:38 PM

10. Really?? Really with the race card getting thrown in the comments EVERY SINGLE TIME a black person says ANYTHING?? Just because someone's black and their people struggled doesn't mean they're going to (or are even willing to) get and understand the similarities between that civil rights movement and the present-day one.

Same goes for women, other minorities, white people who grew up poor or with hardship. If TI was Jewish, would you be referencing the holocaust, because since he's Jewish, his people should understand the struggle? Don't lie.

You don't know TI. I'm not defending him or what he says, but the fact is not all of us who are black had to run from the Klan and got called 'The N Word' frequently and often, and despite what the talking heads might have you think, a lot of us are trying to accept the past for what it was and MOVE ON, but it sure does get hard when every single article about TI/Tracy Morgan/Dan Savage (??) turns into a race war.

I don't think it's any more fair when the black people who come here immediately take any article or comment about black people and immediately call it an attack, and I've said so in the past. But just the same, JEEZ. If being gay doesn't define any of us then why does being black still define black people? It's effing 2011, almost 2012, and just based on the comments from the TI articles alone it's quite clear that -- not unlike being black and homophobic -- being LGBT doesn't mean any one in the community is automatically granted a free pass on racism or sexism, but I don't think enough of the people here are asking themselves what it says about them when things like "TI is black, he should get it!" are said.

Having said that, while I'm obviously pro-equality, TI and anyone else who chooses to disagree with the concept is free to do so. There are still people who disagree with interracial marriages. As long as they're not actively petitioning to put discriminatory laws on the books, which TI said nothing about doing, I'm cool with that. We can agree to disagree as long as you let me live and I do the same to you.

Of course people have the right to respond to his comments by not supporting his product.

Posted by: antisaint | Nov 30, 2011 7:48:40 PM

11. In the spirit of you white queens who just love when Andy throw's the red meat of so-called Black homophobia.

Here's a present from your relatives in Kentucky!

Happy now? So if we Blacks are homophobic you whites are racist!...LOL LOL..Have a nice day!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Dec 1, 2011 12:39:40 AM