Virginia GOP Emails Graphic of Zombie Obama with Bullet in Head

Zombie

Virginia's Loudoun County Republicans sent around an image of Obama this week that has provoked anger and an investigation by the Secret Service, the AP reports:

The posterized image of a rotting, undead Obama with a bleeding, large-caliber hole an inch above his right eye prompted Democrats to cry foul and Virginia's Republican governor to denounce it as "shameful and offensive."

"This is a disgusting and violent portrayal of the president of the United States," said Democratic Party of Virginia spokesman Brian Coy.

Gov. Bob McDonnell, through spokesman J. Tucker Martin, called on the Loudoun GOP to "apologize for their actions, and to immediately ensure that such imagery is never used again."

Said Loudoun County Republican Committee Chair Mark Sell in a statement: "The Loudoun County Republican Committee yesterday sent an email to its members that represented a light-hearted attempt to inject satire humor into the Halloween holiday. Apparently, some individuals have interpreted an image of Barack Obama that appeared within the email as intending to portray the president as a victim of a violent crime. Nothing could be further from the truth, and we deeply and sincerely apologize to the president and anyone who viewed the image if that was the impression that was left. The LCRC deplores any effort to display, suggest or promote violence against the president or any other political figure."

Comments

1. luminum says

I get it. Zombie, gun shot wound, whatever. But you’d have to be a moron to think that this sort of image wouldn’t be suspect by the Secret Service.

And you’re shy one image of Gabrielle Gifford for it to be clear that it’s not the best image to be parading around in a political context.

2. johnny says

Typical.

The GOP does something with Obama that would be unthinkable with any past presidents and then apologizes AFTER THE FACT.

Sort of hard to un-ring that bell, dudes.

3. Tonez says

Your countries election makes me want to dump a bucket of water on my TV and Computer. I’m gonna feel like I lost the year 2012 because everyday I’m going sigh when I hear about it. Both sides scream saying their side has a super hero and the other is a villain but after they get elected you get let down. Because most don’t understand how government works.

4. Rob says

Wow – so apparently in Republican-speak, a drawing of the President with a bullet hole in his forehead is “light-hearted.” I am amazed and frightened at the realization that we are only getting a glimpse of the depth of vile hatred in their souls.

5. Rowan says

But what is scary is why do human beings keep on voting them in? It says a lot about us as people.

We can complain or whine about how disposable these people are but the ‘people’ keep on voting them in.

6. Hollywood, CA says

BULLFKGCRAP! They knew exactly what they were doing! They had to create that zombie image and someone decided to put a bullet hole in the middle of his head! Call that CRAP OUT! Whoever did it should go to fcuking jail!

I’m sure they already had their non-apology response ready when they created the poster.

7. Gary says

Does not suprise me. Remember when Palin had those cross-hairs over Giffords district? Republicans are violent evil pigs. Thank god my parents raised me proud and LIBERAL!!!

8. RyanInSacto says

@Max: Show us one example of a Democratic party official sending out a “Kill Bush” message. Stop with the false equivalency, already. It’s tired.