Film | News | Taylor Kitsch

The 'Ugly but Beautiful' Taylor Kitsch Flaunts His Loins on Mars: VIDEO

Kitsch

The trailer for the upcoming film John Carter, in which a Civil War captain is transported to Mars, looks better (and funnier) than I expected and will also appeal to anyone who enjoys the sight of oversized alien CGI or Taylor Kitsch in a loincloth.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Carter_kitsch

Comments

1. Gladiator + Attack of the Clones = John Carter

Posted by: endo | Dec 1, 2011 10:48:52 AM

2. I'm not seeing any video here.

Posted by: AdamK | Dec 1, 2011 10:57:56 AM

3. had no clue who taylor kitsch was.

looked him up & oh yeah I remember him from The Covenant & X-men

Posted by: say what | Dec 1, 2011 11:05:51 AM

4. looks deliciously terrible

Posted by: JC | Dec 1, 2011 11:12:21 AM

5. Hmmm he's already in my screensaver of pretty actors so what the hell, I'll see it after having a few martinis :)

Posted by: Rob | Dec 1, 2011 11:18:00 AM

6. okay, one more time we have Dances with Wolves in space. Avatar had blue aliens and this one has aliens with 4 arms and on Mars. I'll stick with the orginal and Coster's very nice butt

Posted by: david in iowa | Dec 1, 2011 12:06:53 PM

7. It looks really great.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Dec 1, 2011 12:09:21 PM

8. David in Iowa,

Do they not have libraries in the part of Iowa you're from? John Carter IS the original story that Avatar (and probably Dances With Wolves, along with Star Wars, Harry Potter, Stranger in a Strange Land and a thousand other variations of this story) was based on. It was written in 1912, and it's excellent.

Posted by: Shelby | Dec 1, 2011 12:12:51 PM

9. They're not getting my $20.00 IMAX ticket money...ESPECIALLY since this is a Disney movie AKA no nakedness.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Dec 1, 2011 12:23:41 PM

10. shelby

"excellent" if you ignore the blatant racism underlining all of Burroughs work while also ignoring the fact that the Barsoom (John Carter mars)series was written utilizing the horrible science of the day = "canals" on mars etc

Yes Burroughs work came first, but being first doesn't make it "excellent". Burroughs Mars stories, Trazan stories, etc are all pretty much crap when judged by a more literate and savvy audience

Posted by: say what | Dec 1, 2011 12:24:48 PM

11. OMG, hahaha, are you for real, Shelby?! All of those stories -- including Burroughs' John Carter character -- can be traced back to the hero's journey from Greek and Arthurian legends as covered by Joseph Campbell.

You might want to dig a little deeper in your own library.

Posted by: endo | Dec 1, 2011 12:26:15 PM

12. Led Zeppelin soundtrack? Really?

Posted by: madmonkey | Dec 1, 2011 1:15:01 PM

13. No thanks, I've seen this movie in other variations.

Posted by: Eric | Dec 1, 2011 1:36:13 PM

14. Um, no, not Led Zeppelin soundtrack. It's the trailer, not the movie. They never use the score from the film in the trailer, and usually it's the score from some other film - so I'm glad they at least didn't do that. This looks both stupid and pleasantly campy, and you really can't judge anything by a trailer. You can make the worst movie look good and the best movie look bad. This one just looks meh, but I'll see what word of mouth is next March - - and either way, I'm sure to watch it at home if I don't go out to see it at the movies the old fashioned way.

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 1, 2011 3:30:09 PM

15. The sci-fi geek in me can't wait! Burroughs who also gave us that other classic hunk- Tarzan wrote great action packed fantasy books and this movie looks like it's finally matching his awesome vision.

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 1, 2011 6:52:18 PM

16. I'm predicting 38% over at RT.

Posted by: James | Dec 2, 2011 6:35:31 PM

17. This looks embarrassingly bad. It will end up in Top 10 Worst Movies of the Year list, and possibly even win the Raspberry. Mark my words...

Posted by: Joe De Hoyos | Dec 3, 2011 1:38:12 PM