Comments

1. says

Pathological Liar – Definition

Pathological liar refers to a liar that is compulsive or impulsive, lies on a regular basis and is unable to control their lying despite of foreseeing inevitable negative consequences or ultimate disclosure of the lie. Generally lies told by a pathological liar have self-defeating quality to them and don’t serve the long term material needs of the person. Therefore pathological lying is lying that is caused by a pathology, occurs on a regular basis, is compulsive or impulsive & uncontrolled

2. Paul B. says

At this point, although I can’t stomach mitt or newt…I think we should hope for newt to win the GOP nomination. He’s ultimately unelectable…for any number of reasons, while romney does have something going for him…namely his looks. That could creat a challenge for obama in the general election. But newt could never win the general and we should hope to see him win the nomination for that reason alone. Oh, and of course watching Obama make newt show his true colors would have enormous comic value…and who doesn’t need a good laugh?

3. says

Paul — while I think Newt is a combustible candidate, he’d at least go after Obama and has charisma. I think Obama would win, but Romney looks more electable than he actually is. He couldn’t stand the scrutiny of a national election and still seem like a real person. If he hasn’t done it by now, it’s just not happening — so it’s just not happening.

To win the GOP primary, he’d have to create that kind of buzz and momentum, to instill that energy in the base, and he’s never going to do it. So it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing Mitt in the general, anyway.

4. Paul B. says

@Ryan…While I agree with you that mitt is not creating much buzz…and it’s not doing him any good right now, he does have a subtle electability. I’m not sure what you see as newt’s charisma…I guess he would make a good Housewive’s of D.C. guest and boost /ratings a bit…is that charisma?
    I still hold a bit of hope that the population at large isn’t dumbed down enough to imagine newt playing well with other foreign leaders. He needs his own playpen & rattle, on an island with other psudo-intellectuals like Coulter & Rove….they can go at it with each other.

5. says

I think Romney’s good looks trump Newt’s charisma. In the end, however, I think they’re both (most likely), fatally flawed: Romney’s mormonism,testiness, and (now) latent centrism; Newt’s looks, wives, arrogance.

6. John says

The only problem with Mitt’s response (that this clip was released by the Obama camp) is that the clip was actually unearthed and released by a Republican blogger.

Why start telling the truth now?

7. truth be told says

Gingrich does have an advantage over Romney, he looks like an elephant in a grey suit.

If he ran with Chris Christie it would be like an elephant stampede.