2012 Election | FOX News | News | Rick Santorum

BigGayDeal.com

Rick Santorum Can't Imagine Why Any Gays Would Vote for Him: VIDEO

Santorum

Rick Santorum is basking in a post-coital glow over having sweet endorsement love be made to him by Bob Vander Plaats yesterday. Greta Van Susteren last night asked Santorum if there's any possible way for him to get the gay vote?

I have nothing against gay people. They have rights of every other citizen. But what they did in Iowa and what some are trying to do, not all gays, but some are trying to do is change the laws of this country with respect to what the definition of marriage is….. But if there are differences, I’m certainly going to speak out on those differences when I think it’s in the best interests of our country to have laws that reflect having men and women raise children and form solid marriage bonds.

Santorum was then asked if he could understand the "heartache" that his views bring to gay people.

He can't.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via think progress lgbt)

Comments

1. oh who cares

Posted by: oh | Dec 21, 2011 10:05:22 AM

2. Nice spray tan Frothy Mixture.

Posted by: homer | Dec 21, 2011 10:08:26 AM

3. Oh the poor GOP gays!! What will they do? Boo Hoo.

Posted by: Rowan | Dec 21, 2011 10:34:49 AM

4. I don't know why we pay so much attention to this guy - he's a bigot and a hate monger yet everytime he speaks or someone speaks on his behalf, we have to give him headline news and keep his face in front of us. Stop for Godssakes. The less we see of him the quicker he fades into obscurity.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 21, 2011 10:36:49 AM

5. For once, he's right, no gay should vote for him.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 21, 2011 10:37:44 AM

6. This turd can't even muster double digits with the gay hating scum who vote for Republicans. Who does he actually appeal to other than pond life, racists and charlatans ? he doesn't even have enough personality to end up as one of the Fox Wingnuts. Pathetic excuse for a man.....

Posted by: paul | Dec 21, 2011 10:38:07 AM

7. Santorum is "One dead gay male hooker" found in his motel room away from the looney bin....strangled with Ricky's fsvority Tie he got from the Knights of Columbus, sitting on the edge of the bed murmering to himself ...God,jesus....

..the REALLY sad part is....statistically the MORE children you have- the MORE chance of 1 or 2 being Gay..he has 7.....no doubt, cementing self-loathing and Hatred into 1,maybe 2 of his kids.

Posted by: Gay American | Dec 21, 2011 10:38:19 AM

8. HaHaHa... well much to his dismay, I am very much gay and have raised a son that is now 18 and I have a 6 yr old daughter, and I assure u that my kids are MUCH better off and well-rounded/open minded, than MANY kids raised by a "man and a woman"... oh, and btw, my son loves my boyfriend of three years... and he is a str8 lil redneck boy!

Posted by: Shane | Dec 21, 2011 10:39:02 AM

9. Yes Greta. Vander Plaat did indeed endorse Huckabee in 2008 and Huckabee didn't win.
    Go Rick!

Greta: "Can you understand the heartache that many of them (The Gays) have when they hear you speak..."

Sanitarium: No and I don't care.

Btw, why is he the same color as Boner?

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 21, 2011 10:44:24 AM

10. Apparently he is simultaneously running for the Presidential GOP nomination AND King of the Oompa Loompas.

Posted by: Joseph L. | Dec 21, 2011 10:46:18 AM

11. This is one execrable a**hole....deluded into believing his own fascist ubermenschen superiority to everyone else.

This guy should get the GOP nomination.....then we would see where everyone stands in the USA, on the side of this bigotry or for liberty. Bring it on.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 21, 2011 10:57:21 AM

12. He says we have the rights of every citizen? Really, then why do we need ENDA passed, dumbass? Oh I forgot, he just said we have all of our rights, marriage not being one of them because only straights are entitled to more rights than gays.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Dec 21, 2011 11:13:32 AM

13. Hitler reacts to Ron Paul's rise in the polls: http://youtu.be/5ScPXDRcIfc

Posted by: Free Agent | Dec 21, 2011 11:14:51 AM

14. Someone needs to inform Mr. Rick that it's not just gays who are trying to change the definition of marriage. It's easy for him to try to spin it as "selfish gays" trying to muck everything up, but it's curious how he doesn't tell the whole story when it comes to supporters of marriage for all...

Posted by: Harrison | Dec 21, 2011 11:26:16 AM

15. I only noticed his seriously fake tan. Not nice.

Posted by: Andreas | Dec 21, 2011 11:53:22 AM

16. This guy makes no sense. Not being able to visit your spouse in prison or a hospital and, making gays pay more taxes in NO WAY strengthens families. If this guy wants to have children raised by more mothers and fathers then work to outlaw divorce and encourage people to use birth control until they are ready to get married and can afford children. Also like many of his ilk he seems to be saying that while the gays are a big threat there are not enough of them that their vote matters ???

Posted by: Tom in long beach | Dec 21, 2011 11:57:32 AM

17. he's determined to drive at least one of his own children to suicide.
    DETERMINED.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 21, 2011 2:36:44 PM

18. @GiGi about why he and Boehner are same color. Ah! That will eventually tie into the gay scandal the two of them will be involved in next year. Shhh.

Posted by: Craig | Dec 21, 2011 3:27:24 PM

19. I really couldn't concentrate on what he was saying because of how loud his orange skin was.

Posted by: JDB | Dec 21, 2011 3:37:06 PM

20. Such crap "journalists". Ask him when, heck IF, he has changed his mind about criminalization and why.

Posted by: BobN | Dec 21, 2011 4:02:02 PM

21. Since I can't find it in myself to comment seriously about rick, I'll have to resort to bitchy remarks...so...I have to ask the obvious question which I know we're all too afraid to ask...do rick, van der plaats & boner go to the same hairdresser? Is that hairdresser gay? Please god, say no. Do they remove those rugs at night or are they permanently attached with crazy glue?
    I know these may seem trivial queries to some, but I just can't think of anything else to ask about them. Why is that?

Posted by: Paul B. | Dec 21, 2011 4:10:28 PM

22. Can this slimeball please sink into oblivion

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 21, 2011 5:09:57 PM

23. Actually, I can't imagine why anyone would vote for him, unless they were severely deluded, and I mean psychotic.

Posted by: Matt | Dec 21, 2011 7:15:47 PM

24. Gays voting for Santorum is like turkeys voting for Thanksgiving. I guess someone had to step up and take Jesse Helms' place.

Posted by: kelehe | Feb 28, 2012 11:36:40 PM