Christmas | News

The SF Gay Men's Chorus 'Home for the Holidays' Concert Finale: VIDEO

Homefortheholidays

And some holiday spirit from California:

The San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus Ambassadors perform the Home For The Holidays concert finale on tour at the First Congregational Church in Santa Cruz, California on Saturday, December 17, 2011. Songs performed include "We Are Lights" by Stephen Schwartz, "Silent Night" and "Peace, Peace" by Rick & Silvia Powell. The SFGMC Ambassadors as shown are 100 of the 275 singers in the Chorus and perform benefit concerts across California.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thanks for this, Andy.

Posted by: AG | Dec 25, 2011 12:09:23 PM

2. I wish I could find a clip of the chorus singing "(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays". I was involved with the chorus through an ex of mine who sang with the chorus for years. Home for the Holidays was always my favorite number in the Christmas concerts.

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Dec 25, 2011 12:56:44 PM

3. Absolutely lovely. I couldn't be more proud of our community. Beautiful voices, amazing arrangements and some very handsome men.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 25, 2011 1:51:03 PM

4. I always remember how our h.s. acapella chorus director telling us that our voices should gel as one, section by scection, and chorus by chord; these fellows sure do that beautifully!

Posted by: Esurb | Dec 26, 2011 5:38:01 AM

5. Goosebumps here!! Very nicely done.

Posted by: billmiller | Dec 26, 2011 10:44:21 AM

6. BOOOOOOO Huff Post - London Gay Men's Chorus, "Coming Out At Christmas" #4 on their list.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Dec 26, 2011 11:26:47 AM

7. Beautifully done!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Posted by: Bodhi | Dec 26, 2011 2:53:14 PM

8. That's a nice rendition--the Seattle Men's Chorus has been doing the "Silent Night"/"Peace Peace"/sign language mash-up since the late 80's or 90's. It's available on their "Snowbound" CD.

Posted by: Dback | Dec 27, 2011 12:07:58 PM

9. I've been going to the Christmast concerts for years and this was definitely the best one in a long, long time.

Posted by: Bill in Oakland | Dec 27, 2011 12:44:09 PM