Barack Obama | Betty White | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube | Zac Efron

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #1044

DIARY OF ZAC EFRON: Hoop dreams.

BETTY WHITE'S 90TH: President Obama demands to see the Golden Girl's long-form birth certificate.

BERNIE GOLDBERG: FOX News contributor doesn't know Ice-T from Ice Cube.

64 HORROR MOVIES IN 5 MINUTES: Can you name them all?

Click the box at the bottom of the player bar for all the videos.

Thanks for all your notes from yesterday about this format. We're trying to find an easy-to-use and program player that will allow people to use the pick and choose format of the earlier Guide to the Tube posts, and have visible thumbnails rather than hidden ones that are less intuitive.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Just FYI: LOVE your blog, HATE the new video format.

Please bring back the old format.

me

Posted by: me | Jan 17, 2012 4:35:30 PM

2. I have no idea how to see the other TV segments. What was wrong with the old format?

Posted by: Johnny | Jan 17, 2012 4:43:55 PM

3. @Johnny, click the rectangle beneath the screen, beside the watch later clock icon, and it will pop up a movie strip selection for the videos. Just as you use it on youtube.

I like the new format; It's less cluttered.

Posted by: Urmensch | Jan 17, 2012 4:57:49 PM

4. Like the commenter above - I love the blog, but I don't like the new video format...

Posted by: P | Jan 17, 2012 5:01:36 PM

5. While you work it out, why not put the old behavior back in place? I'm missing 75% of your fine curation efforts.

Posted by: KiltBear | Jan 17, 2012 5:06:35 PM

6. only the first video shows up on ipad :(

Posted by: Pahima | Jan 17, 2012 5:09:20 PM

7. Yeah, I must have missed yesterday's decision-making vote on new Guide to Tube Formats, what with it being a national holiday and all. Yeah, looks less cluttered. As in Where The Heck Are The Other Three Videos??

Without the instructions provided in this comments section, I would never have known how to find them. In any event, it's very non-intuitive. Go back to the old format, please.

Posted by: Zlick | Jan 17, 2012 5:19:39 PM

8. I'm with Zlick! What was wrong w/ the old format. Lord!

Posted by: redball | Jan 17, 2012 5:26:42 PM

9. With pahima- I check in on my iPhone, and only the first video shows up; and there's no box to click on.

Yeah- unless it's mobile friendly- for androids, iPhones, and tablet users- go back to the old version.

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Scott | Jan 17, 2012 5:45:43 PM

10. i will again place my vote for the old format. Love the blog!

Posted by: Coldie | Jan 17, 2012 6:18:22 PM

11. My iPad does not like this format at all. So now I get to read about what I am missing and I can't acess the videos. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Ny Larson | Jan 17, 2012 7:32:24 PM

12. The new format doesn't work on iPhones. I suggest switching back.

Posted by: Eric | Jan 17, 2012 7:35:49 PM

13. My iPad and iPhone only show the first video, no selection bar. The old way wasnt cluttered looking. It was very clear. Please bring it back.

Posted by: Thunderboltfan | Jan 17, 2012 7:39:46 PM

14. The new format is a disaster, and the old one sucked too. Why can't we just click on links, and open a new window? I'm sick of waiting for the site to reload after I've linked and come back. Get in the 21st century, already Andy!

Posted by: scotsyank | Jan 17, 2012 8:34:05 PM

15. Ask Joe Jervis how it's done. He seems to have no problem providing a quick-to-use site.

Posted by: scotsyank | Jan 17, 2012 8:37:30 PM

16. Please do NOT stick them all in one box. Separate videos are fine.

Posted by: Vince | Jan 17, 2012 9:50:42 PM

17. New format still looks great on a desktop. I still say include both until the large, single frame works.

Posted by: Iko | Jan 17, 2012 10:02:36 PM

18. iPad hates it.

Posted by: willbnyc | Jan 17, 2012 11:15:45 PM

19. You're trying to make it LESS intuitive??!! Why on Earth would you do that? Bring back the old format, please! BTW, love your blog.

Posted by: Jeremiah | Jan 17, 2012 11:31:42 PM

20. Horror flicks: 62/65. That video is a think of macabre, dark beauty!

Posted by: Wirrrn | Jan 17, 2012 11:58:03 PM

21. My mistake above! You were saying that the old format was not intuitive...only it was! Bring back the old format, please!

Posted by: Jeremiah | Jan 18, 2012 12:07:12 AM

22. I prefer the old format.

But to really win my vote, ditch the embedded videos altogether, and just give me a link.

Simple, and just one click.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 18, 2012 3:10:44 AM

23. I should have mentioned that the current format seems to lock you in to Youtube for all content. Increasingly, interesting content is also found on other sites like Vimeo.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 18, 2012 3:13:10 AM

24. Like some of the other commenters have mentioned, why not embed them separately? Put the descriptions above the break, and embed the four videos separately at full width after the jump with a couple of line breaks in between. Give the user the choice before loading all that Flash.

Additionally, it would be great if you would link the short descriptions of the four videos to their YouTube URLs so we could selectively open them in different tabs if we wanted to.

Posted by: Luke | Jan 18, 2012 3:41:37 AM