George Michael | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

George Michael Feeling Well Enough to Drink, Rip Extremist Christians Who Prayed for His Death

George Michael rips the extremist groups who prayed for his death while he was gravely ill with pneumonia recently in a Vienna hospital:.

GmTweeted Michael:

"Speaking of which, did you know that while I was fighting for my life in Austria there were a bunch of those lovely American 'Christian' ... organisations, who call themselves 'Christians for a Moral America',who were actually taking the time to pray for me to die...check this out ... Radicals Condemned for Praying for George Michael to Die ... How very sweet of them, considering how busy they must be on the whole. Now don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that many devout christians, such as the ones I work rest and play with on a daily basis, are truly wonderful, kind hearted men and women who take the best parts of that religion and live admirable, generous and loving lives. But In my opinion, and i think made evident by those who prayed for my death, there are others who use their twisted interpretations of ancient scriptures as a pathetic excuse to be.......wait for it, wait for it.......! Totally fucked up c**ksucking bastards. And not in a good way.......! Oh my GOD that felt good...... I must be getting BETTER ! Ok, I admit it, I've downed a couple of glasses of vino......life is GREAT ! I'd better go for dinner before I get in any more trouble. Love to you all, may 2012 be the BEST year we've known, not the last, after all x"

Comments

1. :) As much as George has had a very troubled life, I have to say right now I deeply admire him. Good for you, George!!!

Posted by: Rob | Jan 4, 2012 2:17:25 PM

2. Who are "Christian for a Moral America?" I never heard of them. And where in the Bible do they claim to find a passage that justifies praying for anyone's death? Truly strange. But I'm glad George Michael is recovering. THIS Christian prayed for his recovery.

Posted by: Mary | Jan 4, 2012 2:20:13 PM

3. Why I don't trust some Christians to police themselves re: free speech and bullying (see proposed Tennessee bill post).

Posted by: TJ | Jan 4, 2012 2:29:18 PM

4. Michaels album PATIENCE in my mind is one of the best put out by any artist in many years! The album has an amazing heart felt quality to it.

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Jan 4, 2012 2:31:07 PM

5. He nailed it. Really nailed it.

Posted by: Tomt | Jan 4, 2012 2:32:10 PM

6. Everyday for the past 15 years, I am so very thankful that I escaped christianity.

I don't think that i'd be alive today if I hadn't awakened at 18 and realized that they'd rather I be dead than gay... and that I had to un-brainwash myself.

Its still a recovery process like recovering from a long, life changing illness.

Posted by: sleepy bears | Jan 4, 2012 2:53:36 PM

7. As if more proof was needed that Christians don't care anymore that they're letting on that they want anyone different from them in any way dead. Yet if anyone dare call them on this, it's persecution!

Posted by: Hal | Jan 4, 2012 6:32:20 PM

8. Thanks to groups like Christians for a Moral America, Cardinal George of Chicago and the hatred spewed by the Vatican, Christianity is become a perversion of what Christ taught.

Posted by: Jay | Jan 4, 2012 7:58:14 PM

9. He has his flaws, but I love him, none-the-less.

Posted by: CarlottaVonFunkenhowzer | Jan 4, 2012 9:23:13 PM

10. Of all the icons they could have chosen to represent the teachings of the Bible—a loaf of bread, a fish, a halo, etc.—Christians chose a device used to torture people to death. That speaks volumes. It doesn't surprise me one bit when they pray for someone to die. I don't see them as unchristian in any way. Indeed, these people strike me as authentic Christians. It's the peace and love Christians that are the fakes. Because the people who elevated the Bible to scripture would just as soon have sold their daughters into slavery as feed a beggar. Peace and love were not foremost on the agenda of those who built Christianity, as their worship of the crucifix attests.

Posted by: JJ | Jan 4, 2012 9:33:21 PM

11. JJ, you raise an interesting point about the cross, a symbol of torture, becoming the Christian symbol. A bible commentary I was reading said that the real symbol of Christianity is not the cross, but the empty tomb. But try wearing what looks like a little bathtub around your neck. The cross is easier to see and harder to confuse with other symbols. This may be why it was chosen.

Posted by: Mary | Jan 4, 2012 10:35:55 PM

12. george is his own worst enemy. he should make a new year resolution to stay off his knees in back allies and parks.

Posted by: jack | Jan 5, 2012 4:15:54 AM

13. The cross was chosen so people would remember that Jesus Christ suffered and died for their sins. That is all. There is no hidden symbolism, no secret code. Mark nailed it when he said it is a lot easier to wear a cross than a tomb! The Roman Catholic Church uses the cross along with Jesus, whereas Protestant religions use just the cross, no Jesus. This is all idiotic however, as any mortal praying for the death of another human flies in the face of Christianity. I just wish all these "posers" would convert to some other religion. The damage they are doing to the word "Christianity" is beyond belief. Stop the hating, you idiots! It's NOT o.k., God does not approve, and Jesus certainly would not like it. I wish George all the best and glad to hear he has made a recovery. Oh, and special note to Jack: How do you know what George was doing? Were you spanking it in the bushes as you watched? Total hypocrite. Jack=FAIL.

Posted by: millerbeach | Jan 5, 2012 4:45:15 AM