2012 Election | News | Republican Party | The Onion

GOP Introduces Mystery Presidential Candidate: VIDEO

Onn

A wild card!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via daily dish)

Comments

1. umm... the onion.

Posted by: jordan | Feb 16, 2012 7:29:15 PM

2. This is why the Onion is my favorite "news" show.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Feb 16, 2012 7:30:08 PM

3. Please let it be the dynamic duo of my favorite two schweinhunds: Governor Chris Christie and Maggie Gallagher! That would be awesome, thankyouverymuch.

Posted by: Drew | Feb 16, 2012 7:42:08 PM

4. I don't get it. I paid attention and all I did was laugh.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 16, 2012 7:44:54 PM

5. The sad thing is, I could almost believe it to be true. lol

Posted by: LiamB | Feb 16, 2012 9:36:51 PM

6. Personally, I hate that Towleroad has started posting things like this or the fake Adele clip without acknowledging that they aren't real. Although it's clear when you watch the videos, there are times when I visit the site but can't watch videos (like at work) or I'm on a connection that doesn't allow streaming (like from a hotel with crappy Internet).

One of my chief complaints about this site is that it assumes all visitors have perfect high-speed Internet connections. All the widgets and plugins on here make the site virtually impossible to view on a dial-up connection.

Posted by: alex | Feb 16, 2012 10:45:59 PM

7. @ALEX ... Really? Your complaint is you want a site accessible to dial-up modems? What century are you in?

And why does TR need to tell folks if something is real or fake? You don't even have to watch the video to tell that it's the latter. I mean, come on... the screen cap in the post says "GOP Says Candidate Under Bag Is "Really Smart", "Very Likable".

Posted by: RJ | Feb 16, 2012 11:16:05 PM

8. If people wonder why the rest of the western world thinks Americans are morons, the apparent inability to differentiate someone being serious from satire is one of the main factors. Every satire video on youtube has at least 1/3 of comments asking "is this real"? Inability to use common sense, demanding to have everything spoon-fed and taking pride in ones ignorance are a few of the others.

Posted by: Alex | Feb 16, 2012 11:17:46 PM

9. yeah, I chuckled

Posted by: ACe | Feb 16, 2012 11:28:17 PM

10. Thanks ALEX, smart, helpful AND politically astute.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 17, 2012 1:58:04 AM

11. There's a website out there that shows a bunch of real Facebook posts from Americans who think Onion articles are real and freaking out abAbout them. At first it was funny, but the more I read it got really sad.

Posted by: AJ | Feb 17, 2012 11:02:06 AM

12. Wasn't there a Republican congressman who posted an Onion article to his FB page as if it were a legit news item?

Posted by: RJ | Feb 17, 2012 2:13:12 PM

13. "Wasn't there a Republican congressman who posted an Onion article to his FB page as if it were a legit news item?"

Yes, or more likely someone on his staff. The story concerned Planned Parenthood opening up a $8 billion 'Abortionplex'. And if you ever want a couple hours of laughter, read the reviews for the 'Plex on Yelp.

Posted by: Nat | Feb 17, 2012 2:32:26 PM