Lady Gaga | Music | News

Lady Gaga Announces 'Born This Way' Ball Stage and 'Monster Pit'

Btw_ball

Lady Gaga revealed designs for her "Born This Way Ball" last night on Twitter.

Tweeted Gaga:

"To give you a bit of insight on the design of my new tour, the central area within the stage will be known as 'The Monster Pit.' 'The Monster Pit' is General Admission only, and Little Monsters unlock it when they arrive to the arena or stadium. Entry to 'The Monster Pit' is relegated to the fans who have arrived first, waited all night, + dressed to 'Ball.' Every night Haus of Gaga will choose fans from The Monster Pit to come back stage + meet me! These tickets are NOT more expensive. Reading your questions :) No dress code requirement. 'Born This Way' means anything goes."

Writes MTV:

This new tour will kick off sometime this year and continue right through 2013. Haus member and BTW producer Fernando Garibay shared with MTV News in December that the show will be reflective of the 2011 album. "This album was the most personal [because of] the amount of detail that went into this record, the amount of passion [and] emotion from her and the team," he said. "Every song was a story towards the Born This Way theme. We're excited now, putting that into the tour and expressing that on a live performance level.

Comments

1. How convenient this is released the same day Madonna announces her tour. Looks like this year will be the war of the two tours.

Posted by: Tim STL | Feb 7, 2012 12:02:58 PM

2. You have to be dressed for the Ball but there's no dress code?

Posted by: luminum | Feb 7, 2012 12:14:44 PM

3. that's an amazing stage

Posted by: Jake | Feb 7, 2012 12:28:58 PM

4. I don't think she knows what "relegated" means, but otherwise neat!

Posted by: d | Feb 7, 2012 12:50:58 PM

5. I admit, it looks great. Good for her. But lordy, I'm over the "monster" business. Girl needs to reinvent herself soon if shes going to follow the blueprint of Madonna's career so closely.

Posted by: graphicjack | Feb 7, 2012 1:21:06 PM

6. YAY! Sounds awesome. She knows what to give her fans, she knows her crowd, she'll give 'em a party to remember.

and now cue all the angry insecure (an oft Still-Closeted) Haters who saw "lady gaga" in the headline and instantly clicked it so they could come to post and let everyone know that they don't like Lady Gaga.

because they're incapable of simply avoiding a story involving her - they still have to come on to let everyone know that they hate her. because that makes sense :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 7, 2012 1:26:34 PM

7. I like GaGa.

Sadly the drawing looks like something out of the Salem witch trials.

Posted by: truthiness | Feb 7, 2012 2:46:05 PM

8. lol @ Truthiness

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Feb 7, 2012 3:00:05 PM

9. I find these two ugly herridans to be totally untalented and boring

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Feb 7, 2012 4:44:34 PM

10. @truthiness Um, it's a castle-something they do not have in Salem, Mass.

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 7, 2012 4:59:08 PM

11. @andrew LOL yes!

@D: like many words, "relegate" has multiple meanings, some of which are not widely appreciated. check dictionary.com: "3. to assign or refer (something) to a particular class or kind."

don't come for My Queen unless you check yo'self first, boo! :-P just joshin ya

Posted by: redball | Feb 7, 2012 5:32:45 PM

12. Little Kiwi, is there anything you won't comment on. gaga sucks!

Posted by: DAVID | Feb 7, 2012 6:24:51 PM

13. Looks like Kylie's Aphrodite stage to me, except with a castle built on the main stage and she took away the fountain at the end. Then splash zone = monster pit. Would like to see if she can do something different with this stage though.

Posted by: Jason | Feb 7, 2012 7:48:12 PM

14. huh? I saw the Aphrodite stage and there was absolutely no castle involved. What tour did YOU see? The drawing is cool ... and @GRAPHICJACK - the monster thing isn't going away, it's her thing and how she connects with her fans, "little monsters" ... just like there is a Rihanna Navy, and millions of other ways fans connect to their favorite singers.

Posted by: Reality | Feb 7, 2012 8:23:48 PM

15. @ Truthiness

could not be described any better

Posted by: Toto | Feb 8, 2012 12:54:47 AM

16. No no, I didn't mean Aphrodite had a castle on the stage. Allow me to rephrase, this stage reminds me of the Aphrodite stage, except that this stage has a castle built on the main part.

Posted by: Jason | Feb 8, 2012 12:55:17 AM

17. Question. So I purchased 2 GA tickets. This mean I have access to the Monster Pit no matter what??? She stated that the Monster Pit is for fans who have arrived first. So if I arrive to the show at 6:00PM and I have GA tickets.. do I still get into the Monster Pit? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but this is my first GaGa concert and a co-worker of mine and I are sooooo fricking excited to be going!!!

Posted by: Crystal | Jan 6, 2013 3:30:20 PM