Ellen DeGeneres | News

JC Penney to 'One Milllion Moms': We Won't Fire Ellen

Ellen_obama

Earlier in the week I wrote about the AFA group One Million Moms' campaign against JC Penney to fire Ellen DeGeneres as its spokesperson because she's an "open homosexual".

Ain't gonna happen:

But as it stands, this campaign against Ellen won't impact J.C. Penney's decision. In an emailed statement to Yahoo Shine, J.C. Penney confirmed it "stands behind its partnership with Ellen DeGeneres."

More than 25,000 people signed a petition drawn up by GLAAD to support Ellen, and 95% of the L.A. Times readers supported JC Penney hiring Ellen in a poll.

Also, did you see Ellen challenge Michelle Obama to a push-up contest this week?

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Get a clue, Martha, what a stupid blanket statement. Not all us gays are designer-label obsessed clones. I've bought a lot from JCP over the years, and I'm as gay as it gets, girl. They do carry brands many homos like (um, heard of Levi's?). St John's Bay casual wear (especially for winter) is great quality and lasts forever (for those queens who don't feel the need to completely re-stock the closet every year). JCP also has excellent quality housewares (both soft and hard lines) at decent prices.

Posted by: jim | Feb 4, 2012 2:23:06 PM

2. I went to Penney's this week for the first time in maybe 10 years because of the million (yea right) hate filled moms. Not only did I buy a few thing at good prices I also opened a charge account. After finishing up I told the sales associate that I was doing it in support of their hiring Ellen and to off set any loss from a boycott. The clerk said I was the third person that said that and that she saw no evidence of any boycott. And she was very happy personally with the new pricing and absolutely loves Ellen.

Posted by: ThomT | Feb 4, 2012 10:18:56 PM

3. I am so happy our million moms are adorable and this trash which is present and grown like weed in this country will die and burn out as they will never have family legacy because they themselves illegitimate childrens or dumped in trash by thier parents and they became serpents to while on our american land.

It is good i pray that J C Penny will be finished into rubbles as family is the biggest market for any big store like J C Penny.

And when million mom will influence thier religious families will loose 1 million mom X 10 members in each family so that means atleast 10 million members wont shop at J C Penny and many more christians in America and the whole world will unite and rise against this demonic sons and daughters of swines and unholy parents born in this country america which was founded by our christian forefathers not by this dirty by product which was any way considered thrash of this country which has to buried in hell by us christian americans and all over the world.

There is a time coming soon when the christians will have to stop being impotent and fight openly with this LGBT devils and will have a open inhouse war to clean this american land from satans and childrens of devils.

So christians rise up we are majority of the world even god destroyed this devils millions of years ago again and again

Posted by: athon | Feb 6, 2012 8:59:56 AM

4. Thank you JC Penney for standing firm to help crush the senseless bigotry. I have been a loyal customer and will remain one, also. Bravo!

Posted by: PhilipOKC | Feb 7, 2012 11:38:08 AM

5. THIS IS AN OUTRAGEOUS SIN AGAINST GOD, AND HIS HOLY WORD.ELLEN DOES STAND UP FOR VERY MANY RIGHT, GOOD THINGS, BUT SHE IS SUCH A FAILURE AS A WOMAN. ITS SO DISGRACEFUL, HOW SUCH A TALENTED SMART WOMAN COULD PROMOTE, AND PRACTICE SOMETHING SO STUPID.

Posted by: linda | Feb 8, 2012 12:30:34 PM

6. I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE MILLION MOM'S WHO ARE SMART ENOUGH TO STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. NOT ONLY BY MY STANDARDS, BUT BY THE HOLY BOOK.

Posted by: linda | Feb 8, 2012 12:33:12 PM

7. What planet are the 100,000,000 Moms living on????? I would venture a guess that most of them don't even know how many zeros are in one million!Good for you JCPenny for standing by Ellen. I have just become a JCPenny shopper!

Posted by: Linda | Feb 8, 2012 4:19:58 PM

8. Wow, I can't believe some of the comments on here. Those claiming to live by the holy book are acting anything but christian. Good for you JC Penny and Ellen.

Posted by: KMB22 | Feb 17, 2012 5:15:42 PM