Ellen DeGeneres | News

BigGayDeal.com

Ellen Returns to Her First Job: VIDEO

Jcpenney_ellen

Ellen DeGeneres returned to her first job at the JC Penney in Metairie, Louisiana to see if she still had what it takes, and the supervisor wasn't happy with her method for folding customer purchases.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. funny!

Posted by: Matt | Mar 19, 2012 8:20:56 PM

2. This video makes me hark back to my first job at Bamberger's, now Macy's. We had so much fun. I can remember filling in for the store operator and a woman called asking for "Lynn Jeery" and I looked through the directory a few times, couldn't find the name and finally asked her to spell it. She says "l-i-n-g-e-r-i-e". I said, "oh, one moment, please.." LOL. God, I would have loved to work with Ellen.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Mar 19, 2012 8:21:11 PM

3. I remember shopping at Bambergers at the Quaker Bridge Mall while growing up.

Posted by: jack | Mar 19, 2012 9:19:47 PM

4. I was a high schooler in Metairie and I remember her brother Vance DeGeneres as he was in the popular local band "The Cold". When Ellen won HBO's "Funniest Person in America" or whatever she was "Vance's sister" to us.

Posted by: MarkUs | Mar 19, 2012 10:58:21 PM

5. LOVE Ellen. Now only is she a fearless advocate for equality...she's also a tireless supporter of animals in need. Those two causes seem to always go hand in hand with people and I truly believe it boils down to compassion. Those who have kindness for a neglected and abused dog, seem to always be compassionate on all fronts. Ellen is a pioneer

Posted by: Allen C | Mar 19, 2012 11:42:32 PM

6. Interesting comment about The Cold. They were awesome and really deserved a national break but never got it.

Great video of Ellen. Got some good laughs out of that.

Posted by: MattS | Mar 20, 2012 3:48:14 AM