Madonna | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

'Gang Bang' is Latest Madonna 'MDNA' Snippet: LISTEN

Gangbang

A collaboration with The Demolition Crew.

Of the track, Digital Spy writes:

Ignore the title - this isn't about a 53-year-old woman singing about having lots of group sex. "Bang bang shot you dead/ Shot my lover in the head," she chants over a relentless, pulsating electro beat before announcing: "I'm going straight to hell - I've got a lot of friends there." Just when you think things are wrapping up, she interrupts, "If you're gonna act like a bitch, you're gonna die like a bitch!" before firing off a gun. It's completely ridiculous and amazing.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is the only track I've heard so far that I really like. It's dark and dirty... how I like my Madge.

Posted by: endo | Mar 8, 2012 2:09:20 PM

2. This and "Love Spent" give me more hope this album won't suck.

Posted by: Apparatus | Mar 8, 2012 2:10:23 PM

3. pure trash

Posted by: t | Mar 8, 2012 2:32:27 PM

4. Fantastic!

Posted by: Tommy | Mar 8, 2012 2:37:35 PM

5. I just did a little in my pants!
    I cant wait to dance it this CD naked in
    my living room after a few glasses of wine!

Posted by: Keke | Mar 8, 2012 2:40:06 PM

6. Let's face it...Madonna needs to retire. She's not pulling off the "i'm still relevant" thing. She's kind of a hag.

Posted by: RiRi | Mar 8, 2012 2:44:47 PM

7. Sounds like a party album for sure. Can't wait

Posted by: Maverick69 | Mar 8, 2012 2:51:19 PM

8. yasssss madonna ! livinnnnnnnnn' :D

Posted by: SEV | Mar 8, 2012 2:51:52 PM

9. One of the best songs, very over the top. One of the most balls-out club songs she's ever done (as opposed to pop-dance). Mika had a hand in this, sweet little Mika! People who don't like the phenomenally fun-packed "Girl Gone Wild" tend to like this better, and anyone digging "Love Spent" is going to love, love, love "I'm a Sinner," "Beautiful Killer" and especially "Falling Free" = gorgeous.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Mar 8, 2012 3:44:22 PM

10. Yikes, she's still terrible.

Posted by: Jeremy | Mar 8, 2012 3:46:06 PM

11. Madonna's singles are failing left, right and center. The first one about cheerleaders was lame, the second one about a Granny going wild is a dud. This sounds like it's come from the bowels of David Guetta courtesy of Calvin Harris, but without the latter's creativity.

Yawnonna has really fizzled out on this comeback.

Posted by: jason | Mar 8, 2012 3:59:57 PM

12. Sure, musically it's not as relevant as "Ray of Light" nor as good as "Confessions" but the clip doesn't make it sound awful. I want to hear the rest of it for sure. And unlike others, I don't think Madonna needs a comeback - even her mediocre efforts sell well, and some of her least liked albums contain some of my favorite songs.

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 8, 2012 4:15:26 PM

13. Dare I hope that she puts a gun to her own head and pulls the trigger some time soon?

Posted by: Rick | Mar 8, 2012 5:07:39 PM

14. I guess I like this one best out of everything I've heard so far, but it's still nothing great. There's no real hook and the autotune crap is getting old.

Posted by: Sergio! | Mar 8, 2012 5:09:18 PM

15. Wow, at the comment about her putting a gun to her head. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. You seem like a big ol' bitter c*nt.

Posted by: Safadinho | Mar 8, 2012 5:39:47 PM

16. Crap.

Posted by: Dan | Mar 8, 2012 5:44:46 PM

17. Please retire from music.

Posted by: Alex | Mar 8, 2012 5:46:49 PM

18. Is it just me or is it hard to instantly recognize the vocal as Madonna? If I didn't already know I don't think I'd easily ID this song as one of hers.

Posted by: IAN F | Mar 8, 2012 5:49:26 PM

19. It's not just you Ian - it's practically impossible to recognize her vocals on her songs these days. She goes so overboard with the autotune that she sounds like a robot.

Posted by: No Good | Mar 8, 2012 5:53:26 PM

20. The early reviews of MDNA from The Guardian, Pop Justice and The Mirror have been VERY positive. I'm excited again for the album.

Posted by: Paulie | Mar 8, 2012 6:25:24 PM

21. I just. don't. understand. I agree with Ian, for one, anyone could be singing any of this crap.

But I mean.. she's effing MADONNA, right? Madonna? Same woman? Material Girl? Used to be when Madonna did something, everybody knew about it, everybody wanted to know, and most people liked it. She used to break molds and now she's just fitting into everyone else's.

And what's worse, it's just crappy dance music. It's good for nothing. Just people into dance music. She used to have such a larger appeal, but now if you're not either gay, into club music, or both, she's completely dismissable. Makes no sense. I dunno. I WANT to feel the same way I felt about Madonna the first time my mom put "Holiday" on the turntable, the same way I felt when "Vogue" came out, "Like a Prayer," but she's just not even trying.

She's got the bar set sooooo much lower for herself than it used to be, and it's obvious, but people just keep buying it. I don't get it.

Posted by: antisaint | Mar 8, 2012 6:48:07 PM

22. AWESOMENESS!!!!

Posted by: Michael | Mar 8, 2012 8:27:07 PM

23. Wow. She just gets more boring with each song. Is this really the same woman who gave us La Isla Bonita and Like a Prayer?

Posted by: Max | Mar 8, 2012 8:53:48 PM

24. The tracks I've heard are great.
    She's definitely doing something right. obviously there is an audience, -- and doesn't that make her relevant? -- so good for her!
    Hey -- Every one has their own taste. Spend your time promoting artists you love, not denigrating artists you don't.
    And trust that the cream will rise to the top.

Posted by: Bill | Mar 8, 2012 8:54:20 PM

25. She cares about singles chart success, which is why she is following trends and, for the past decade, featuring hot stars of the moment (Spears, Missy, Timberlake, Lil'Wayne, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, etc). To have top-ten/number-one hits, she has to sound like/feature what's hot.

I'm not sure that in the U.S. there's been anyone that for 30 years has consistently produced top-ten singles -- and she wants that as her bragging right and she's clearly not given up on the idea and is going to do whatever it takes (pandering to the masses, featuring a rent-a-rapper).

On the same token, because what she is doing nowadays lacks the WOW factor of yesteryear and isn't necessarily unique or very original -- or it seems to take too much effort; I mean, her singing style in recent tracks lacks the energy of "Rescue Me" or the euphoria of "Ray of Light" -- I wish she would full-on borrow the Rihanna album-release timetable template and put out one of these every year. 2.5 years for Hard Candy and 4 years for MDNA?

Posted by: RAK | Mar 8, 2012 10:32:24 PM