Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News | Toronto

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jason and Paul

Jason_paul

Our reader Jason writes:

My husband and I had quite an original wedding as we got married on the stage of the Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto.  This theatre looks like it's right out of a Midsummer Night's Dream, with leaves and lanterns hanging from the ceiling and tree trunk pillars.  We each walked down the aisle with our mother's to 'Somebody to Love' by Queen and then met up on the stage for the ceremony. Afterward, at our reception, we performed a Flash Mob with the wedding party and some guests.

Check it out and congrats, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check out our recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Corvette [tr]
Young Gay Couple Marries in Beautiful Clip from Italy [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Amir and Chandler [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ruben and Joaquin [tr]
Dan and Eric Find Their Wedding Reception [tr]

Jason and Paul's Slideshow from Isis Photography on Vimeo.

We are starting a regular column featuring gay wedding videos (see some of them at links above). If you've got a creative wedding video online you'd like to share with Towleroad to celebrate marriage equality in this column please send it along. Extravagant, simple, sexy - we'll consider them (but can't guarantee we'll post them) all - the more creative the better! Let us know at tips - at - towleroad.com.

Comments

1. Haha, that was cute. I like that only one was really into it. Lets get some lesbian wedding videos too! I want to see the differences.

Posted by: Fenrox | Mar 13, 2012 2:09:55 PM

2. Hoorah, all the way, everything. May Jason and Paul and their friends all live happily ever after.

The more I hear and see of Toronto on this site, even the references that L.PIWI makes...sounds like a great place.

And good on the marriage video addition. I'll watch em.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 13, 2012 2:13:59 PM

3. Great... now the gays can be just as lame and annoying as straight people... noone cares about your wedding, just go get married and shut up about it...

Posted by: CCGuy | Mar 13, 2012 2:32:27 PM

4. Focus on your vows, combining your bank accounts, setting up your wills, pensions, insurance, taxes, home and social security to make sure your partner is covered in case the other is hurt or worse. Getting married is a serious business investment (yes it's a business investment - just ask any tax professional). Setting up a stage show is the LAST thing you should be doing.

Posted by: Get focused! | Mar 13, 2012 2:36:23 PM

5. Oh, please GET FOCUSED and CCGUY! Let them enjoy their wedding day! Didn't your mother tell you that if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all?

I've been to the Winter Garden and it's a lovely place for a wedding. Congratulations and best wishes for many happy years together.

Posted by: Paul | Mar 13, 2012 2:40:39 PM

6. Wow. That venue was *gorgeous*!! Way to think outside the box, fellas!! The photography was wonderful too. But what really made this beautiful was all the support from family and friends. Bravo to all!

(And, Andy, I really like that you are doing this. Since so many newspapers around the country will not accept our (print--*yawn*) wedding announcements, it's great that you provide a way for us to one-up them with video. Thanks!)

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 13, 2012 2:41:58 PM

7. @CCGUY...you're a bitter dried-up old prune !
    This was great fun...a celebration of love...find yourself some and get happy.

Posted by: Paul B. | Mar 13, 2012 2:46:11 PM

8. Hey UFFDA, you must visit. Toronto is awesome!

Posted by: secretagentman | Mar 13, 2012 2:47:56 PM

9. @ GET FOCUSED, How do you know the stage show wasn't the last thing they planned?

Posted by: SammySeattle | Mar 13, 2012 2:52:19 PM

10. Beautiful vid and beautiful slide show and the guys were just wonderful. And such a beautiful stage.

Oh Canada !

Have a great and happy life together guys.

PS : can I have the blond in the black shirt ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 13, 2012 2:52:32 PM

11. It's not a "flash mob" if you know everyone involved and it was staged for you. That's just a show.

Posted by: unruly | Mar 13, 2012 2:55:50 PM

12. Loved it! But I would have definitely used the original Safety Dance of Men Without Hats which still sounds bubbly good...
    =)

Posted by: George F | Mar 13, 2012 2:55:59 PM

13. Beautiful! It made my heart happy to watch this. Inspiring to see young men of their generation realizing something that someone of my generation never considered possible.

Posted by: Kerry | Mar 13, 2012 3:09:49 PM

14. My preference would be for a more somber affair - but I can appreciate these slightly younger (I'm guessing) guys as they seem to have created an experience they enjoyed. Good luck!

Posted by: mike128 | Mar 13, 2012 3:15:32 PM

15. Gorgeous wedding guys...do us proud :)

Posted by: Noah | Mar 13, 2012 3:24:24 PM

16. Again I see love, joy, happiness. Lovely to watch these videos.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 13, 2012 3:25:50 PM

17. I just can't believe all these miserable party poopers stopping by to spew bile on a truly beautiful, heart warming post! Why does internet anonymity always seem to bring out the evil in people? My best wishes to Jason & Paul & sincere thanks for sharing their special experience. Great photography too!

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Mar 13, 2012 3:33:35 PM

18. I hope the fellows read the comments here. My comment is this, first off LOVED the dance, how fun!
    Second the groom on the left was obviously a much better dancer than the groom on the right. The groom on the right obviously had to work much much harder to learn and perform the dance. So I hope the groom on the left appreciates that. And he did a great job, he barely missed a step.

Posted by: StraightGrandmother | Mar 13, 2012 3:45:57 PM

19. For once I'm not being negative, but does anyone else find it odd when gay couples match? My ex and I would leave the house and discover that we often did (jeans and a BR shirt were not all that original), and it made us feel silly. No disrespect intended to the happy couple, just not something that I'd seek to do. Congratulations!

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 13, 2012 3:46:29 PM

20. Of course you can do all the practical stuff at the same time as preparing for your wedding day, so Get Focused's bitterness is just lame. And as a gay with zero dancing ability, I will admit that my wedding dance was my number one priority. We hired a choreographer and had private lessons for months leading up to the wedding, and finally got it working reasonably well in the studio. On the wedding night, unfortunately, all the practice went out the window and our wedding dance barely qualified for the word dance. So the moral of the story is that, while tax planning and the other boring stuff is important, so is the wedding planning- practice, practice practice!

Posted by: Brian | Mar 13, 2012 3:48:08 PM

21. Loved it! And knowing lots of people who can't dance at all, those who didn't look like they were "into it" may have just been grateful to not trip. The only time I get to dance anymore is at weddings because I discovered early on that my partner was "Looks, 10, Dance, 3."

I love seeing the different ways people do their weddings and celebration. Dance, dont dance; match, don't match. It's all good.

Posted by: TJ | Mar 13, 2012 4:08:06 PM

22. Congratulations guys!

And thanks for posting these. I keep thinking, "another one?" then get all choked up. What a difference a wedding makes when you can relate.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Mar 13, 2012 4:37:49 PM

23. @Brian,

Your comments are just nasty. Maybe next time you should just shut up and spare everyone your uneducated opinions. Quit talking about yourself.

Posted by: Rude | Mar 13, 2012 4:40:07 PM

24. This is just so fraction' sweet...yes, boys, it is "safe to dance;" safer and safer - and the energy in that room was great. Brings a tear t'my eye...

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Mar 13, 2012 4:55:34 PM

25. This wedding looks like it was lots of fun.

Regarding the "business" aspects of being married, they are important. But, for some strange reason, they are easier to accomplish AFTER the wedding when the couple IS actually married, can produce a marriage certificate, and has the protection of the marriage laws to back them up.

In fact, those laws often provide for some of those aspects AUTOMATICALLY, as in, your spouse is your heir even without a will. In many US states, marriage invalidates a previously written will.

Posted by: james | Mar 13, 2012 7:49:36 PM