I'm Not Gay | Meghan McCain | News

Meghan McCain is 'Strictly Dickly'

Meghan McCain tells Playboy she's not gay:

Meghan_mccainI’m not a lesbian, if that’s what you’re asking. I’d be the first person to tell the world I was gay. I’m not private about anything. I think you should live how you should live. But I’m strictly dickly. I can’t help it. I love sex and I love men.

Honey, you’re nobody unless you have a gay rumor about you. I’ve been hit on by women from time to time, and it might simplify my life if I were gay, but no. Rachel and Tila are just great people. For me, it’s an issue of civil rights. Who people want to sleep with and who they want to love should not have anything to do with government politics at all. And if you see me in a gay bar, it’s only because they play the best music and my gay friends like to dance. Gay guys love me. It’s the big boobs and blonde hair.

Comments

1. "I love sex and I love men". Huh. I wonder what Rush Limbaugh would make of that.

Posted by: TC | Mar 15, 2012 6:07:54 PM

2. Meaghan and I have something in common, we're both strictly dickly, LOL.

Posted by: Swiminbuff | Mar 15, 2012 6:14:56 PM

3. I like her. I would like to suggest to her that gay people, as with straight people, do not select whom they'd want to "sleep" with or want to love. It's a given whom they are attracted to and not a choice. Her language could use a bit of tweeking as well as that of many other commentators.

Posted by: Eubean | Mar 15, 2012 6:16:26 PM

4. She's a total closet case. Closeted Democrat.

Break free Meghan! There are lots of people like you in the world. You will feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders when you say the words out loud. I promise, it get's better!

Posted by: IAN F | Mar 15, 2012 6:29:38 PM

5. I find it difficult to understand why she thinks if she were gay it might simplify her life.

Posted by: John in Iowa | Mar 15, 2012 6:37:39 PM

6. She sounds like fun. A non-fruit who hath fallen far from the tree.

Posted by: Commenter | Mar 15, 2012 6:57:20 PM

7. I just can't hate on her. She seems like fun, she seems honest, and she seems smart. If only more Republicans were like her.

Posted by: Andreas | Mar 15, 2012 7:27:35 PM

8. "Rachel and Tila"?

Surely to God she didn't just put Rachel Maddow and Tila Tequila in the same sentence!

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 15, 2012 7:28:03 PM

9. And we give a $hit ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 15, 2012 7:38:34 PM

10. She is a cis entitled straight white entitled female! I bet she calls herself a woman without a y!

Posted by: me | Mar 15, 2012 8:53:33 PM

11. Yeah, she's real bright...she said that she thinks Chris Christie would make a good vice president.

I can't take anyone who says such a stupid thing seriously.

Posted by: Diana | Mar 15, 2012 9:23:40 PM

12. I am sure this was more a flippant statement and she probably knows better. But, I will echo this as has been said above: There is nothing more simple about gay sexual relationships. Relationship roles are confusing: who's the daddy and who's the mommmy? On a more severe level, people are being killed, hurt, abused and so on just because of who they love. There is nothing simple about that. People are getting ostracized by their families of who they are bringing home...kinda like Romeo and Juliette but happening more frequently and harshly. For gay people who have a supporting family is a fortunate thing, but being a gay couple is RARELY simple.

Posted by: zeddy | Mar 15, 2012 11:08:38 PM

13. Can we kill the word cis please?

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 15, 2012 11:48:35 PM

14. No matter how "cool" she tries to sound, she's still a right winger who seems to think she's more interesting than she actually is.

Posted by: Cheech | Mar 16, 2012 2:10:50 AM

15. Should Meghan McCain choose at some point to be private about something -- anything -- I'll be most grateful.

Posted by: Mark | Mar 16, 2012 4:16:03 AM

16. Yes, dear, we gay men just love women with big boobs. What a moron. She and her mother are both incredibly annoying.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 16, 2012 8:06:07 AM

17. "Relationship roles are confusing; who's the daddy and who's the mommy?".

@Zeddy: What? That sounds like a question Rick Santorum would ask. Neither Neil Patrick Harris nor David Burtka is "the mommy" or "the woman" or "the wife.". They're both dads, men, husbands (or parents, people, and spouses to use non-gendered terms).

Neither Ellen nor Portia is "the man.". They're both women; they're both people. If my dad washes the dishes or my mom drives the car, that doesn't make him "the woman" or her "the man" and likewise, a same-sex relationship doesn't require anyone to be pigeon-holed into always fulfilling some sexist line that she/he may not cross.
    It's like asking, "If white and black children go to school together, then how will it remain clear who is supposed to be the boss?"

Forgive me if I misunderstood your comment and you meant it to be an ironic play on a stupid notion (maybe?)

Posted by: Gregv | Mar 16, 2012 3:55:03 PM

18. Meh... I think she sounds like a 'friend' from the 80s. Good intentions, but is often insulting and stereotyping.

Posted by: LaLaLa | Mar 16, 2012 5:33:29 PM

19. My best friend is blonde, has big boobs, and is a Christian. I love her to death, and I think I would love Meghan McCain too.

Posted by: Matthew | Mar 19, 2012 10:17:20 PM