Comments

1. Ricco says

I get so emotional when I hear stories of acceptance, or through the lens of You Tube witness the love and acceptance of a parent or a sibling. I cry, I get so emotional, wishing I had that same acceptance from my siblings and my mother . . .

It does not come from an envious place or anything, just more like a wish really, but a wish that is somewhat satisfied, and gratified that some people know what it is to have the unconditional love of a father.

Beautiful!!

2. mike128 says

Amazing. What a beautiful and thoughtful gesture on the part of the dad – and the look on his son’s face… it was so clear in that moment what his father’s acceptance means to him.

3. woodroad34d says

Sarah Palin, Michelle & Fuctus Bachman, Salamander Gingrich, Phyllis Schlafly all need to watch this. They are so immensely immature, sociopathically unemotional and unschooled in “family”…they think it’s just adopting children or spitting them out of some body part. They are the anti-christs.

4. Joseph Singer says

People need to learn that when you take a video with your smartphone you hold it _horizontally_ (landscape) orientation rather than vertically (portrait) orientation. Otherwise videos really look stupid.

5. Reggie777 says

And some people need to learn that when you insist on breaking an upbeat moment nitpicking, and calling someone stupid because of the video orientation, is truly, truly uncouth.

6. jason says

In my view, it can sometimes be harder for a man to come out as bi than as gay. Here is why I think this.

If you’re a man who comes out as bi, you don’t fit into the gay political identity, which virtually the whole gay scene is based on. You get attacked by clueless and misguided queens who think that you must “really be gaÿ”.

Moreover, straight-identifying guys want to encourage you to realize your straight side more than your gay side because relationships between straight guys are often based on shared sexual interests that lead to a deep camaraderie bond, something that straight guys crave from each other.

Also, it’s quite different for a bi guy compared to a bi girl. Bi guys tend to be looked at cautiously by women because women generally fear men, their sexual power, and their potential for promiscuity. On the other hand, bi girls tend to align with the the sleazy straight guy fantasy, and are thus part and parcel of the promiscuity paradigm that men in general crave.

7. enough already says

Um, Jason, that sounds like a snapshot of life from someone in their late teens, early twenties. I probably saw things that way at that age, too.

And, no, I still don’t get anything but gay vibes off the son.

Frankly, though, who cares – what counts is that his dad stands with his child.

Oh, and the nitpicking. Sheesh. It’s a family moment which we were privileged to share, not a Hollywood production.

8. Dback says

Hearing about this isn’t enough; I hope Gaga hosts the entire family for dinner at her restaurant! I can hear the opera and see the finale of “Moonstruck” already….

9. SG says

Enough Already: Typical biphobia and bisexual erasure from a gay man. You’re no better than Rev Phelps, the Bachmanns, Herman Cain, and Rick Santorum with your biphobia and hypocrisy.

Coming out as a bisexual man is a lot more difficult than it is coming out as a gay man, and let’s not forget that a lot of bisexuals come out or identify as gay men first or during a period of their lives before they come out as bisexual or discover that they’re bisexual.

10. Sam says

Little Kiwi, your coercion will not work, give it up already dude. Not everyone has to have a blog, site, or u-tube vids whatever. No one has to give into your demands. Always the same crap, different day, “…show your self, show me your site and videos or you’re not out, put up a pic, or you’re not masculine and hate effeminates…” Give it a rest. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, we got it…you’re here, you’re queer, good for you haha thankfully not everyone is exactly like you.