99 Percent Movement | Illinois | Occupy Wall Street | Rick Santorum

BigGayDeal.com

Two Men Kiss, Get Booted From Santorum Rally: VIDEO

Kiss
Rick Santorum was 15 minutes into his very gloomy speech in the Grace Gym at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, IL, when -- suddenly! From the bleachers!

"Mic check! Mr. Santorum! Mr. Santorum!"

And the crowd's heads turned, and a storm of booing filled the gymnasium's air as two men stood and kissed, rather langurously. The crowd was grossed out. The booing coalesced into a chant of "USA! USA! USA!" as the kissers -- Timothy Tross and Ben Clifford -- were escorted from the building.

It's unclear if the men are gay, or if they were straights out to make a political point. From the Palatine Patch:

“I don’t think the message should be about what my sexuality is,” Tross said. “It’s the message that he’s saying about sexuality that matters.”

Watch a hunk of Santorum's speech, complete with interruption, AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. I always get tickled by idiots who start chanting *usa usa usa* when the very things the USA stands for are being squashed and denied. Mindless sheeple.
    Mr. Santorum is a fauxmerican.

I think these guys/girl just got bored and decided to make the event more interesting.

Posted by: gustav | Mar 17, 2012 3:28:30 PM

2. I hope no one who is suicidal watches that dreary clip. Ugh. That´s enough to push them over the edge.

The USA chant is a standard tactic to drown out any Mic-Check protest. I think the next Mic-Check protesters should wear "USA" t-shirts and wave American flags, then it would look like the chanters were supporting them.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 17, 2012 3:30:30 PM

3. Well, what should we expect. A homophobe speaking to a room filled with homophobic right wingers. There could only be one reaction. But the interesting bit, to me, is the chant of USA USA USA. It exemplifies how reality-challenged these people are. They thought they were at an Olympics event.

Posted by: James | Mar 17, 2012 3:41:19 PM

4. He is a horrible little man and America is being taken to the cleaners by him. Life with him as President will be terrible and the country will not like it! I cant imagine him as President.

Posted by: Tim | Mar 17, 2012 3:43:11 PM

5. I think the kisser's refusal to state his sexual orientation is very telling. If he/they were gay, I think they'd have no problem announcing that to the world, considering the stunt.

My gut says these two aren't gay, and that makes me extremely happy. It says to me that there are straight allies who are willing to publicly stand and do something like this (disruptive or not), in protest of Santorum's bigotry and the blind allegiance of the halfwits who slurp up every disgusting word that comes out of the man's mouth. It says to me that there are straight people who have had enough of anti-gay bigotry and propaganda and want to send a blatant message of "ENOUGH." I congratulate them!

Posted by: jim | Mar 17, 2012 4:03:57 PM

6. They were definitely NOT gay, but that was funny as hell anyway!

Posted by: Kelly in Atlantic City | Mar 17, 2012 4:54:45 PM

7. I couldn't possibly be more disrespectful and depraved than Mr. Gingrich or Mr. Santorum. I couldn't marry that many times (to anyone of any gender), would probably think it just a bit tacky to divorce my seriously ill wife and ask for that divorce while she's in the hospital. And I don't even know where to begin with Mr. Santorum, though the meaning of his last name would be a good start. To be serious (not that I wasn't being, above), I have no interest in meeting the approval and approbation of creeps like Rick (either one), Newt or Mitt, and I prefer to keep my insanity among dizzy queens, rather than Mr. Paul.

Posted by: Tim | Mar 17, 2012 5:20:25 PM

8. LET'S ALL LISTEN TO SMOKEY
    And sit with our hands folded, waiting for everyone to be really nice to us and let us arrange their flowers and blow dry their hair.

NOT!

ACT UP, OR NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

Posted by: Bob | Mar 17, 2012 5:23:24 PM

9. The guys were OBVIOUSLY GAY, by the clothes and the actions.
    You dont have to have short hair and designer clothes to be queer.
    Ain't ya never been to San Francisco?

Posted by: Bob | Mar 17, 2012 5:26:05 PM

10. I wonder if that made it hard for Santorum?

Posted by: No kidding | Mar 17, 2012 5:46:55 PM

11. Oh, the pained expression on those Republican faces. Oh, the pain.

Posted by: jason | Mar 17, 2012 6:13:45 PM

12. Decency and morality are mocked, and all manner of perversion is extolled. America is sick.

Posted by: MG | Mar 17, 2012 6:49:51 PM

13. The best part is changing USA USA USA...the most remarkably incoherent nonsense of all time. Look! Over there! Men kissing! USA, USA, USA! Morans!

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Mar 17, 2012 8:51:03 PM

14. Look 2 guys kissing - it gets even better

Posted by: O. Kahdoahky | Mar 17, 2012 9:12:20 PM

15. I am rather hoping nthe two fellows are straight. because then someone will accuse it of being a stunt, and then they can come back with the exact same response they already have given: what stunt? we object to this man's entire vulgarity about human *affection and love* and we felt a guy/guy kiss was just what the doctor ordered.

More kiss ins! A mere kiss! What can be more sweet?

Posted by: potlatch | Mar 17, 2012 9:21:16 PM

16. in fact, hell isn't that the point? straight couples even. Because I fear, Santorum's vulgarity is that he would actually be offended at a public man on woman kiss. He is *that* shut down as a soul.

Posted by: potlatch | Mar 17, 2012 9:23:21 PM

17. I'd like to see Santorum denounce the deluxe government-funded universal healthcare benefits that only members of Congress seem to have access to. Much better than this pale imitation Obamacare.

Posted by: RJ | Mar 18, 2012 2:04:35 AM

18. He says we shouldn't be forced to buy a product?!!! Are we not forced to by Car insurance, home insurance....he is an idiot. And the crowd... a bunch of bloated airheads who may as well be chanting baaa baaaa...

Posted by: Rachel | Mar 18, 2012 9:47:39 AM

19. I'm skeptical that they weren't paid by the Santorum group to stand there kissing. Don't Right Wingers often blow up there own buildings to appear victimized?

Posted by: sciurus | Mar 18, 2012 1:03:02 PM

20. the power of a same sex kiss! I want a bumper sticker that says "Come Out and Smooch!"

Posted by: Francis | Mar 18, 2012 4:45:32 PM

21. I want a bumper sticker that says "Back in the closet,...and nail the door shut from the outside"

Posted by: A. Nusstorn | Mar 18, 2012 5:12:56 PM

22. How many people do you think their stunt won over to the cause of equality for LGBT people? My guess is Zero! These showboats and the glitter bombers do much more harm than good. But, they feed their egos which is probably the primary purpose.

Posted by: jack leddy | Mar 18, 2012 8:35:56 PM

23. Hey Nusstorn: as my grandmother use to say, "Wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one gets filled the fastest". The days of life in the closet are rapidly ending, never to return again.

Posted by: jack leddy | Mar 18, 2012 9:07:52 PM

24. Personally it might be a good idea to focus on real issues that may help people get a leg up in life: issues like social mobility, health care, economic stability, education, and let what one decides to get up to in their downtime be their own issue instead of some politician who is reaching to appease that part of the country that can’t fathom the idea of equality- lest they betray their own masculinity.

Posted by: scallywag | Mar 19, 2012 1:05:40 AM

25. I love it!! Where do I send those guys love!!!???

Posted by: Jacki | Mar 19, 2012 3:43:35 AM