Alec Baldwin | Film | News | Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise Jaxx Off in 'Rock of Ages' Trailer: VIDEO

Cruise

Above, Tom Cruise has a reflective moment as rocker Stacee Jaxx in a new extended trailer for Rock of Ages, while elsewhere Alec Baldwin is throwing up — in his pants.

Check out the whole hot mess, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Oh gosh, mess indeed!

The male version of "Burlesque"? At least that one had "camp" with Cher. And no, closet queen Tom Cruise is not going to draw me into the theater.

Posted by: FunMe | Apr 3, 2012 10:13:15 AM

2. I have seen the future of Crap, and it's name is Rock of Ages.

Posted by: Protogenes | Apr 3, 2012 10:18:02 AM

3. That music was terrible the first time around.

Posted by: endo | Apr 3, 2012 10:19:37 AM

4. flop
    Flop
    FLOP

Posted by: uffda | Apr 3, 2012 10:23:01 AM

5. That nauseated me.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 3, 2012 10:29:15 AM

6. The very though of Zeni spooge just makes me want to throw up as well. I loathe Cruise and hate that he's in this movie (that I would otherise go see). Sorry, no Rokh of Ages for me - ever.

Posted by: Tarc | Apr 3, 2012 10:37:53 AM

7. Oh dear God! My salad days just flashed before me - and now I've gone & thrown up salad all over my shoes. So, let me see if I've got this straight - Alec Baldwin reprises the Cher role? If nothing else, that man's a trouper.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Apr 3, 2012 10:52:39 AM

8. What the phrase "epic fail" was made for. Baldwin and Cruise will want to crawl under a rock after this one.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 3, 2012 10:53:08 AM

9. It looks weird, slow, boring and miscasted. Aren't AB and TC little too old for their roles? Hard to see it as a hit after the clip.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 3, 2012 11:04:48 AM

10. Is this intended as a comedy? It looks like an extended dream sequence on "30 Rock." It seems like something going on in Jack Donaghy's feverish head.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Apr 3, 2012 11:15:26 AM

11. remember that dreadful 80s phenom of movies that promoted a big pop soundtrack to get people in the theater. sure the innovations in soundtrack go back to figures like scorcese but i guess i'm thinking about a whole pop john hughes soundtrack to articulate the time ...remember repo man. and now Rock of Ages - set in the 80s - is a movie (musical...whatever) that is all about the soundtrack driving some tired old script.

thought this might be fun with Alex Baldwin and Paul Giamatti but looks like we've seen all the good parts and the movie is gonna be one protracted labor.

glad the actors got all paid. bet the movie bombs post tepid first weekend receipts

Posted by: tim | Apr 3, 2012 11:17:41 AM

12. whoops - didn't mean to be critical of john hughes or repo man -they were the good model...it was all the crap that followed

Posted by: tim | Apr 3, 2012 11:19:02 AM

13. A lot of people are turned off of Tom Cruise because he is part of that Scientology Cult. Perhaps the sound track will pull the movie through but I drought it. Tom is still in the closet and the Scientology cult is helping him stay there. It would be funny if the cult released his auditing record.

Posted by: Christian Peper | Apr 3, 2012 11:43:04 AM

14. Looks like a mix of Burlesque and Velvet Goldmine, in the Mamma Mia genre. With Alec Baldwin as Cher and Stanley Tucci.

Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin seem terribly miscast.

Posted by: Will | Apr 3, 2012 11:54:42 AM

15. Omg. Monkeys as humor? Barf jokes? This. Looks. Awfulllllll.

Posted by: AJ | Apr 3, 2012 12:07:15 PM

16. What happened to Tommygirl's face? He trying to look like Miss Taylor Lauter?

Only reason I'd see this hot mess is Catherine Zeta Jones.

Posted by: dc20008 | Apr 3, 2012 12:16:57 PM

17. Garbage

Posted by: Vince | Apr 3, 2012 12:58:19 PM

18. As usual, from the trailer I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell the movie is supposed to be about. Cruise comes off as more of a supporting role, is he one of the leads?

Dunno, I LOVED the 80s, but this didn't seem to bring'em back for me in any way. Didn't notice a distinct 80s look or vibe, just the music. Doesn't look like it's even going to work as a nostalgia piece--at least Grease had that, and a sense of humor, going for it.

Posted by: jim | Apr 3, 2012 1:18:29 PM

19. This is great! I just gained 90 minutes of life by deciding to avoid this like the freakin plague. I just may not see it twice and to save 180 minutes.

Posted by: terry | Apr 3, 2012 1:46:17 PM

20. You couldn't drag me to this turkey.

Posted by: Abel | Apr 3, 2012 2:18:17 PM

21. Did they really make a movie about a cover band that can't even focus on a band?

Posted by: Garst | Apr 3, 2012 2:32:15 PM

22. This looks Gleetarded.

Posted by: Jack | May 7, 2012 12:32:25 PM

23. Just take those old records off the shelf.

Posted by: Eddie | May 7, 2012 8:16:28 PM