News: Josh Hutcherson, Birmingham, Tim Tebow, Flamingos

RoadUK Guardian: Actors still afraid to come out of the closet.

RoadGays seen to have notably lower divorce rates than straight people in Britain.

TebowRoadTim Tebow settles in for a mani-pedi in West Hollywood.

RoadJesus Christ spotted on dead fish.

RoadKen Mehlman hosts fundraiser for Massachusetts Senate candidate Richard Tisei: "Tisei would be the first Republican who has come out as gay before being elected to Congress, if he can beat incumbent Democrat John Tierney in November."

RoadSignorile: Obama must come out of the closet on gay marriage. "Mitt Romney is now emerging as the sure Republican nominee, a man who supports 'gay rights' but not 'gay marriage' -- in other words, in the broad brush of politics and the media, having the same position as Obama."

RoadRicky Martin opens on Broadway in Evita.

RoadGay marriage gossip from the State Dinner: “Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for all that you’re doing for marriage equality in Great Britain,” the guest said to Cameron, who was standing to Obama’s right, literally and figuratively. With a gesture towards the president, Cameron replied, “It takes a conservative to convince a liberal about gay marriage.”

RoadGuess who's going to play Grace Kelly?

HutchersonRoadJosh Hutcherson had two uncles who died of AIDS, inspiring him to get involved with projects like Straight But Not Narrow.

RoadMaryland Delegate Sam Arora adopts Obama talking point, says his views on marriage have "evolved".

RoadCivil rights museum in Birmingham, Alabama opens door to lesbian, gay family awareness: "The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute opens a new exhibit tonight titled 'Living in Limbo: Lesbian Families in the Deep South' by photographer Carolyn Sherer."

RoadU.S. sinks 'ghost ship' floating out at sea since Japan's tsunami: "The Ryou-Un Maru stayed afloat for several hours, listing and ablaze, after the coastguard opened fired with a 25mm machine gun as it drifted about 170 nautical miles south-west of the Alaskan town of Sitka. A few hours later the coastguard finished it off with artillery rounds. It was believed to have been carrying more than 9,000 litres of diesel fuel."

RoadNOM claims to speak for African American and Hispanic communities in fundraising letter.

FlamingosRoadBritain's gay flamingo couple Carlos and Fernando celebrate fifth anniversary: "The pair surprised staff at the wildlife park after they came out five years ago and began to engage in a series of complex mating rituals. The pink birds have been inseparable ever since and have even raised chicks together after they stole eggs from neighbouring straight couples."

RoadMormons working to overturn marriage equality in Maryland: “We need to collect approximately 200,000 signatures by the end of May,” the email states. “We are looking for people to gather signatures within the LDS community.”

RoadVIDEO: The cast of Glee on Inside the Actor's Studio.

RoadSarah Palin goes on attack against Levi Johnston, accuses him of lying: "We have never hidden Tripp from Levi or discouraged Levi from spending time with him. Any suggestion that we have is false and contrary to our core beliefs. We are disappointed that he continues to tell falsehoods about us to garner media attention.  We encourage Levi and all non-custodial fathers to be fully engaged and to positively and fully participate in their children's lives. This includes not making misstatements about his child's grandparents."

Comments

1. Tebow: so hot. So evil & stupid. Hopefully he can redeem himself yet; he's still young(-ish).

Posted by: redball | Apr 6, 2012 4:14:45 PM

2. OK, for those of you who have doubted whether Tebow is, in fact, gay--when the rest of us have insisted that he is--I rest my freakin' case! Not just a pedicure--but in WEST HOLLYWOOD.

I just wonder how this is all going to play out. Is he going to somehow try to reconcile the "Christian" community and the gay community and become a pivotal figure in American culture?

Or is he going to prove to be the closet case from hell--in bed with the most virulent homophobes by day and in bed with his boyfriend by night?....until he is found out and it all comes crashing tragically down......

Somehow, some way, this is going to become dramatic, either in a good way or a bad way....and I hope he can handle the consequences, whatever they are, because he could easily be torn to ribbons by them.....

Posted by: Rick | Apr 6, 2012 4:44:02 PM

3. "Is he going to make history as the first out player in NFL history and become a historical figure just for doing that.....or use his prominence to do evil?"

And is Kiwi going to make history by submitting his 1,000,000th slam against Rick?

Posted by: Nat | Apr 6, 2012 5:15:40 PM

4. Carlos and Fernando - I LOVE them! So handsome and so in love. I LOL to read they "stole" eggs to have children. How much more committed can you be then that! And that they have remained together, despite the odds, for five years and staying together for their lives is expected. Very sweet.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Apr 6, 2012 5:16:42 PM

5. Carlos and Fernando: Proof that long-term couples begin to look alike.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 6, 2012 5:34:41 PM

6. Lots of good news stories in here, which is why it's all the more puzzling that Tim Tebow getting beautified is somehow "news."

Posted by: Owen | Apr 6, 2012 5:46:58 PM

7. The linked Pinknews story about the flamingos says "Britain’s only gay flamingos...."

They may be Britain's only OUT gay flamingos, but there could be other "straight-acting" gay flamingo couples on the downlow in Britain.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Apr 6, 2012 5:47:37 PM

8. Re Tebow in WeHo: being in LA myself, I can say that the salon in question is actually in West LA (near UCLA).

Posted by: Pistol Peterski | Apr 6, 2012 5:48:34 PM

9. The "Guardian" article on gay actors is really quite interesting. LOVE Chris New.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 6, 2012 6:04:58 PM

10. Doesn't the flamingo in the background have his eye on his partner in a way that seems to say, "Still hot after 5 years!" Maybe I'm just projecting...

Posted by: Frank Butterfield | Apr 6, 2012 6:19:04 PM

11. Andy -- The story about the flamingos is actually nearly 6 years old. So, if they are still around, they would be getting close to their 11th anniversary. I do hope they are together and still flocking around...

Posted by: Frank Butterfield | Apr 6, 2012 6:35:39 PM

12. I'd like to think the flamingo's are winking at the gay divorce rate. "caption: oh aye?!" it was bad straight marrieds hittin on me but gay marrieds are worse - not botherd but lifestyle, the last person they have sex with is hubbie...

Posted by: Gordon | Apr 6, 2012 8:45:58 PM

13. I read that headline as "Tim Tebow, Flaming"

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 6, 2012 8:51:01 PM

14. Oh ok...Tebo IS cute. (hence why he's here on TR)

Posted by: zeddy | Apr 6, 2012 11:01:46 PM

15. How many bracelets can you wear and still be straight? Anyone? Tebow?

Posted by: just wondering | Apr 6, 2012 11:53:56 PM

16. Tebow's new coach Ryan has a well documented foot fetish with Mrs. Ryan, his spouse. Coincidence? I think not. There are many ways to gain the favor of your boss, particularly when you are #2 in the depth chart.

Posted by: Contrarian | Apr 7, 2012 12:15:03 AM

17. More hatred for Tim Tebow. I am a gay man who happens to love f**king hot Tim Tebow. I'd lick him up and down, but the rest of you queens hate yourself so much that you'd sooner be caught dead than sucking Christian c**k.

shame on you. SHAME. Get a life, losers.

Posted by: Alan | Apr 7, 2012 12:55:56 AM

18. *SWOON* for Peeta Melark!

wonderful lil'actor and now a wonderful ally. KUDOS!

:D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 7, 2012 1:17:28 AM

19. "How many bracelets can you wear and still be straight? Anyone? Tebow?"

Well, at least one of them is no doubt a WWJD bracelet, so that one doesn't count. Not that that matters in the overall context. LOL.

@ALAN Relax, man. All these guys would lick Tebow up and down, "Christian" or not(regardless of their PC statements to the contrary). And my comment, at least, was not "hateful." I think he has an opportunity to be a pivotal figure in American cultural history.....but I also think he has the potential to become as tragic a figure as Whitney Houston did.

I personally am hoping for the former. Whitney never could reconcile her sexuality with her religious beliefs....I hope Timmy finds a way to do so and becomes a national hero in the process.....rather than ending up like Whitney did.

I wish him all the best in figuring it out.

Posted by: Rick | Apr 7, 2012 10:18:24 AM

20. @ Little Kiwi, *SWOON* for Peeta Melark! I couldn't agree more, he can butter my baguette any day : P

Posted by: RONTEX | Apr 7, 2012 10:50:03 AM

21. Why didn't my high school guidance counselor talk to me about a career as a pedicurist? I could have been somebody! I could have pedicured Tim's feet. Hey, he ain't Tom Brady but he ain't too shabby.

Posted by: jack | Apr 7, 2012 4:29:21 PM

22. I've always loved flamingos but cringe now knowing that Rick is going to start complaining that they're PINK and that it's just uncalled for. But I like Rick too. And OS2GUY is a joy

And Tim Tebow...isn't he just a pin head that attention paid to makes pin heads of others?

Posted by: uffda | Apr 8, 2012 8:33:00 AM