RuPaul: No ‘Lying Bitches’ Will Ruin My Reveal

RuPaul hasn't let "lying bitches" spoil this year's Drag Race finale like they did last year, the Daily Beast reports:

DragraceNaturally, audience members and the gaggle of queens (Pork Chop! Yara Sofia!) who filed into the El Portal Theatre last week for the reunion taping had to sign away their firstborns before being allowed inside to witness the coronation. They also had the pleasure of experiencing Ru’s magnificent entrance: “Excuse my beauty, bitches.”

But it was all a ruse. Once again, RuPaul had pulled one over on graceful Chad Michaels, spooky Sharon Needles, and spunky Phi Phi O’Hara, giving them the hardest challenge of all. Each was filmed fake-winning, and America’s next top drag queen will—finally!—be revealed when the show airs tonight.

In a sickening red gown, gold slingbacks, and matching gold curls, RuPaul took time out to explain the process to the audience. “We are going to film the ending three times so we can protect the integrity, because I know how it is with you lying bitches.”

What else will you see?

You will see the underwear-clad Pit Crew models dragging in Willam to face RuPaul and finally explain to viewers why she was the first contestant to be unceremoniously dismissed from Drag Race. Hint: it has nothing to do with barfing and everything to do with sex. Charo makes an appearance to bail out Kenya Michaels. Phi Phi O’Hara addresses the haters, Jiggy Caliente weeps, and Latrice Royale receives five standing ovations and many more catcalls. Is “We love you, Latrice!” the new national anthem?

Comments

1. Paul R says

I cannot watch this show, and I have no problem with drag. To my knowledge it’s never had anyone from San Francisco, which is absurd. The show seems based on tired double entendres that aren’t remotely clever.

Ru needs to work himself into a better career. He’s been doing been doing the same thing for more than 20 years.

2. Paul R says

Oh, really? Thanks. I thought that imagination, ambition, and change inspired people and principles. Silly me. I guess that people should stay in a shell.

I’ve been doing the same work for more than 20 years, but it isn’t the same tired crap. Sorry. Some of us evolve.

3. Daniel Berry, NYC says

RuPaul is a performer plain and simple. Is there something wrong with being a performer? He’s a disciplined, highly successful professional.

Sour grapes stink to high heaven.

4. Autarchic says

If you can’t love yourself…how’n the hell you gonna’ love someone else!?

Can I get an AMEN up in here.

5. Chrisme says

AMEN!

BTW What’s with all the haters on this thread?

Why waste energy on spewing bitter, hateful comments?? Why don’t you…

Go start your own career, become famous world-wide, and have a huge following THEN come talk to me about Miss Ru, till then keep it to yourself. You just sound bitter

6. Mhmm says

Can’t wait! I love Sharon. Phi Phi O’Turd blech. Chad Michaels I’d be happy with, too.

7. NoSleep4Sam says

I can’t tell you how much my friends and I (straight and gay) love this show. We didn’t care much for drag before, but this show really changed that.

8. Eric says

Love Ru, and Drag Race. The community needs to keep creating vibrant content. Oh and by the way, definitely Sharon Needles.

😉

9. Bobby says

Internalized homophobia is THE worst. RuPaul is, was and always will be FAB-U-LOUS! RuPaul’s Drag Race is one of the few “reality” shows I can watch and I’m entertained every week. I’m team SHARON NEEDLES all the way.

10. Robert says

I first saw RuPaul back in 1987, during the StarrBooty tour. He’s changed his shtik since then. So have I, for that matter. As a married man with two kids living in Oakland, who never did drag even when living in San Francisco, Drag Race is like a peek into a world of which I was never a part. My husband likes it, and sometimes watches it with our younger son.

11. Jon Mitchell says

Truly, what is with the haters on this thread? Sour grapes, indeed. Especially PaulR – you don’t watch the show but you hate it – REALLY? You hate it because SF isn’t represented…to your knowledge…. REALLY?! Ru’s been making money at this for 20 years and needs to look for a change of career – REALLY?! And finally, while in her “shell” Ru has developed a line of shoes, recorded countless albums, makes international appearances, has published two books and now the biggest show on LOGO but you’ve evolved? REALLY?

12. Michael says

Like the show for the most part but will Ru ever tire of promoting herself, songs, books etc on this show? Doubt it. I watch for the queens not for a Ru infomercial.

13. ty says

Ru is a genius! I watch the show for her. Love her outfits, love the show! She got herself off the sauce and turned her career around. When you have a winning formula, don’t F**K it up!!!! By reading some of these comments (Paul), I can tell never to trust other gays, they will dis you the moment you turn your back because they can’t define their community and/or have pea brains…

14. Djeip says

Drag is a spectacle and Drag Race captures the atmosphere of it pretty well. RuPaul gets a lot of flack sometimes, and maybe he can be a little prickly on occasion, as can we all.

But Ru has done more in the past 20 years to change attitudes about gays and gay culture than he gets credit for. He is usually accessible, and likeable, and fabulous. Does he represent all LGBT? Of course not. But it’s because of RuPaul, and people like RuPaul, who have shown mainstream audiences that gays are not the scary, baby-eating, devil worshipers religious nutjobs have for so long claimed us to be that has helped to move public opinion in these last few decades.

And before some of you negative Marys put words in my mouth (I prefer penises), I’m not saying he’s the LGBT Drag Jesus, but he could probably pull off RuMagdalene.

15. Paul R says

Wow, Jon, you’re really good at typing in caps. Good for you.

Yes, I do dislike watching things that I don’t like. How weird! Goodness. And being the biggest show on Logo is sort of like being the biggest slice of a cheap pizza. I’m not hateful. But RuPaul has proved himself monstrous on many public occasions, and hires the most abrasive queens possible. I hardly see who that’s helping.

16. Rrhain says

What I want to know is when will Ru get a new designer? Every single dress she’s ever worn on the runway has been the same: Wide shoulders, cinched waist, full-length and full skirted.

Time for a wardrobe update.

17. Wil in Minneapolis says

Love RuPaul, the show, the ladies on the show. Think this season has been on of the nicest ones yet .. no backstabbing and nasty behavior ala last season with the “Boogers” v. “Heathers” BS.

Team Sharon .. or Chad. Love ’em both!

18. says

While I’m a tad annoyed with the delays this year, I can understand. I’m curious to see if it will stay on LOGO now that it is ditching it’s gay programming.

19. Matt says

Back when we were coming up age in Texas we sort of were ashamed of the drag types, thought it made gays look bad to the rest of society. I’m so glad I got out of there and over that self-hating nonsense. RuPaul has got to be one of the best role models of courage, love and strength that we as an entire society have I think. Love him, love the positive message he and the show send and love that they couldn’t care less what other people think and secure in themselves. It took many of us a lot longer to get there. Cheers.
    Oh, Sharon Needles or Chad Michaels would be awesome.

20. RD says

As a drag performer myself ( sorry to all you folks who think we make ‘the gays’ look bad ) I will say that Ru Paul has brought drag to the masses,(s)he has made drag acceptable and accessable to many people who would have never given it another thought. Those of us who eke out a livng in smaller communities owe Ru a world of gratitude.. As for LOGO, I’m also in my 50’s ( sorry I am speaking all you ageist queens) so the thought of there being a ‘gay network’ is mind boggling to me, bad programming or not

21. Lucas says

Paul, I dislike watching shows that I don’t like as well buddy!! If you dislike Drag Race, then don’t watch it. And since you aren’t watching it, you are obviously ignorant as to what happens on the show, so I fail to see how your comments have any relevance here. Run along now.. this is my favorite show.
    THANK GOD SHARON NEEDLES WON!!