New York | News

Snackman Gets a NYT Profile

1_snackman

This week's chip-eating viral video hero, Charles Sonder, gets a story in the NYT:

He was cool incarnate. No weapons. No visible bloodshed. Not even a loud word. A newcomer to the city, munching on chips, and a poker face for the ages.

My post if you missed it, is HERE. Video reposted, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That video doesn't do him justice.

Posted by: Rooney | Apr 13, 2012 3:32:32 PM

2. Snackman's hot, but it was Poncho Lady that got the job done.

Posted by: Vint | Apr 13, 2012 4:14:56 PM

3. Tank has to agree with Vint that Snackman's heroics have been somewhat overblown in the mass media, and he seems to have the charisma of a turnip, but hey, I've got to keep it real: I'd still hit that till the cows came home!!!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 13, 2012 5:40:45 PM

4. @ TANK
    Luckily he's in New York...I'd marry the absolute crap outta that guy. Gotta love a man who loves his Pringles x Gummy Bears combo!

Posted by: J.J. In The Navy | Apr 13, 2012 5:45:38 PM

5. Incredible. A sexy, strong, heroic and confident gay man, and to top it all off an architect. Incredible.

Posted by: bicuriousus | Apr 13, 2012 9:46:21 PM

6. Yes, many of you demonstrate a lack of understanding of the hyperbolic style of internet humor or memes by your rather sad stabs at reality-based commentary. But that's okay, really it is. It's not a big deal.

Posted by: newday | Apr 13, 2012 10:21:27 PM

7. @BICURIOSUS: Sorry to break the sad news to you, darling, but I'm afraid that Snackman is 100% straight. The Daily News says he's being bombarded with marriage proposals and dating requests from the city's women, and the muscular young hottie says that he's single and interested in dating some special lady! But I know he is straight because no self-respecting gay man would be caught dead munching nonstop on CHEDDAR PRINGLES while riding the INDESCRIBABLY filthy, rodent-riddled, germ-infested subway! And to top it off, Snackman wiped the greasy, artificially flavored cheese dust off his fingers and onto his JACKET!!!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 13, 2012 11:36:10 PM

8. @TANK

I', gay, I ride the subway, but I prefer jalapeno pringles and swedish fish.. ; ;

Posted by: Alexx | Apr 14, 2012 12:46:57 AM

9. Sorry, I don't get it. The lady in the poncho was the real hero. All he did was be white and stand there. You get an award for that...oh, sorry, I forgot where I was.

Posted by: gwynethcornrow | Apr 14, 2012 12:50:13 AM

10. @Tank, you're obviously not from NYC. Five million people ride the subways everyday, it's a way of life. But I do agree with you in that I don't think he is gay.

Posted by: NY2.0 | Apr 14, 2012 1:22:54 AM

11. ALEXX, I didn't mean to put down all subway riders, just the ones who eat sloppily and conspicuously. I'm sure that when you enjoy your chips and fish, you do so in a gentlemanly manner, and I'm sure you don't go out on the town in rumpled clothes, or wipe crumbs all over your surely stylish attire! This guy is cute, certainly, but he just reminds me of every straight fratboy wrestler of limited intellectual horizons I knew in college (and secretly wanted to bang). I mean, just take a good look at that haircut!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 14, 2012 1:27:51 AM

12. Vint you know the poncho woman personally and can verify that she's not just batshit crazy?

Posted by: palto | Apr 14, 2012 6:13:56 PM

13. @Palto: I suspect you are confusing the Poncho Lady, who calmly resolved the situation, with the screaming woman who was involved in the initial confrontation with the man she believed to be following her.

Posted by: Vint | Apr 14, 2012 9:08:10 PM

14. Snackman is a good looking straight dude.

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 15, 2012 3:19:36 PM

15. I knew someone would belittle his actions and point out his race! Haha...Towleroad readers keepin it real

Posted by: jmg | Apr 15, 2012 6:33:47 PM