Food and Drink | New York | News

Man Breaks Up Fight on NYC Subway While Eating Chips: VIDEO

Chips

Watch as NYC's chip-eating superhero calmly places his body between the aggressor and the object of the aggression, physically defusing the situation while simultaneously enjoying a crisp, lightly-salted snack.

Snackman to the rescue, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. and he is kinda hot to boot. New Yorkers can be so damn hot when they put their minds to it.

Posted by: Lindoro Almaviva | Apr 10, 2012 10:54:46 AM

2. Husband material.

Posted by: milpert | Apr 10, 2012 10:56:39 AM

3. husband material - oh hell yeah

Posted by: antb | Apr 10, 2012 11:01:16 AM

4. It's classic the random shite that goes viral.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 10, 2012 11:04:40 AM

5. The art of fighting without fighting. Of course he was ready to cave someone's face in if he got hit, but he pulled off the whole zen thing.

Posted by: Yeek | Apr 10, 2012 11:08:00 AM

6. He has a certain Vincent D'Onofrio thing going on.

Why do some people think that the entire world wants to be involved in their conversations, arguments, and altercations? I wear earplugs when I go to Walmart because the noise of the patrons yelling at each other in conversation, not minding their kids, yelling across the store, and simply being rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious tests my patience.

Posted by: David Hearn | Apr 10, 2012 11:19:37 AM

7. Good God that's funny. O ya, total husband material (great remark), what a fella to have around day and night, I want to pay his bills.

Posted by: uffda | Apr 10, 2012 11:20:53 AM

8. That's actually pretty impressive! Our handsome subway hero might have been stepping into the early stages of a knife fight, for all he knew. I think that's pretty ballsy. And he just stands there... Just another day on the subway...

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Apr 10, 2012 11:22:47 AM

9. Snackman > Ridiculously Photogenic Guy

Posted by: endo | Apr 10, 2012 11:23:37 AM

10. From what I gather that woman was saying that other guy was stalking her and had been following her I assume for a prior of time. Where's the shout out for that woman not being a victim? You got girl, tell him to get his ass off at the next stop.

Posted by: MarkUs | Apr 10, 2012 11:40:14 AM

11. He's just a guy doing the right thing if you ask me. It's amazing that someone acting with decency and integrity is labelled a hero nowadays. Pretty sad indictment on the state of the world if you ask me. That in no way detracts from the act itself, and the fact he is one hot dude :)

Posted by: PJM1979 | Apr 10, 2012 11:44:47 AM

12. Good for him.

It's ridiculous that people act that way on the subway and just get away with it, every damned time: no citations, no cuffs, no arrests. However, in other circumstances SuperChips would be fined -- and considered a lawbreaker-- for eating on the train!

Posted by: BKDO | Apr 10, 2012 11:51:56 AM

13. i do not want to pay for this man's medical bills due to heart problems, diabetes, and poor food choices from eating chips in the subway. can't he grab a protein bar or carrots to get him to his next healthy meal. he's obvs eaten way too much chips, imho.

but yay to breaking up the fight.

Posted by: laQas | Apr 10, 2012 11:59:48 AM

14. Bear cub to the rescue!

Maybe his carbs were fried in Olestra and he was going to "oily discharge" the combatants into submission.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Apr 10, 2012 12:10:06 PM

15. Wow LAQAS! Strike a man down for eating a packet of chips. Tough crowd... I'd hate to see what you'd do to someone drinking a beer.

Never mind the fact that he could have a thyroid problem, or other medical condition??

Posted by: PJM1979 | Apr 10, 2012 12:13:28 PM

16. Where on the 6 line?

Posted by: brian | Apr 10, 2012 12:44:37 PM

17. I don't want to pay for anything you do or use LAQAS but thankfully our system of government doesn't work that way.

As for Chip-Man <3

Posted by: Joe | Apr 10, 2012 12:46:17 PM

18. The lady was the one taking care of business.

Posted by: Jack N. | Apr 10, 2012 12:48:07 PM

19. The guy should have "stand his ground" and shot the girl.

Posted by: simon | Apr 10, 2012 12:48:37 PM

20. They're both animals. He should have just let them beat the crap out of each other.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 10, 2012 12:53:47 PM

21. Luv me a man who luvs his chips.

Laqas - go get a carrot logged in your throat.

Posted by: Brod | Apr 10, 2012 1:02:50 PM

22. That he puts his back to the guy, not looking for a direct confrontation, but only to run interference and defuse, and that he unselfconsciously wipes his fingertips off on his shirt at 0:35 somehow adds to his charm. but I'm already married to someone just as upstanding. Kudos.

Posted by: Steve | Apr 10, 2012 1:07:53 PM

23. Animals!? Judge much?

I've had overly aggressive creepy men follow me on the subway. I've wanted to kick them and demand that they stop following me too.

Of course, none of us can know the entire story for sure... so I'm not going to defend her too hard, but I also think you shouldn't judge too harshly.

Posted by: LaLaLa | Apr 10, 2012 1:47:21 PM

24. Just another day on the train. I've seen it all. Nothing surprises me when in close contact with the general public. Nothing. Being stuck on a crowded train between stops when sh*t's going down especially s*cks

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 10, 2012 3:23:53 PM

25. I’m sorry to break the “hero bubble” to everyone, but the guy being beaten was a thief, a pickpocket, and the “peace maker” his accomplice –they always works in groups of three generally- so the “peace maker” calmed the things down for his friend. That’s why he tried to be so “there is no problem here, let’s move on”. Stealth theft can’t work if you become involved in incidents too often and people begin to remember you, therefore avoiding you or worse. Anyways, Youtube ruined it. Just for a while. People forget.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Apr 10, 2012 6:07:02 PM