Music | Music Video | News | Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj's 'Starships' Video Has Landed: WATCH

Minaj

Nicki Minaj's video for "Starships" is here and it's basically a Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot on Planet Ke$ha.

Check out the eruption, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_minaj

Comments

1. Meh. Typical of what is so depressing about most contemporary pop; all percussion and production, little in the way of voice, words, and melody.

Posted by: Rick S. | Apr 27, 2012 8:58:09 AM

2. Sorry i am going to say it..Nicky Minaj is basically a mess. Talentless overrated pile of old rubbish. She looks like a xmas tree.

Posted by: paul | Apr 27, 2012 9:13:56 AM

3. skanktastic

Posted by: JJ | Apr 27, 2012 9:36:22 AM

4. Typical, expected garbage. I'm only 30, but I miss the good ol' days where people had talent and had great voices and even sometimes knew how to (gasp) play a musical instrument.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 27, 2012 10:08:43 AM

5. Trying to figure out what the video has to do with the song. Maybe I am too old to understand.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Apr 27, 2012 10:22:47 AM

6. And meanwhile, the masses sleep as they dance to some green haired whore of Babylon.

Posted by: mhmm | Apr 27, 2012 10:42:25 AM

7. Hm. Lots of harshness in comments section today.

I like the word play and rap parts (which is surprising for me, 'cause I hate rap.) But the chorus is senseless, boring, and repetative.

There are some amazing great visuals in the video. But I totally don't get the rave around a box bit near the end.
    Mecca parallel?

Posted by: Frozen North | Apr 27, 2012 10:45:27 AM

8. product

Posted by: my2cents | Apr 27, 2012 10:53:08 AM

9. One word, bleh.

Posted by: AJ | Apr 27, 2012 10:59:58 AM

10. I miss the old mix tape Nicki.

Posted by: New-new | Apr 27, 2012 11:32:14 AM

11. I'm still shocked someone so engaged with the gay community would duet with Beenie Man. You know, the Jamaican guy banned in more than a few countries for his advocating violence against gay people. Yeah, he agreed to that "I promise not to hate on gays" treaty so he could get work visas...and then went right back to being a hateful, evil prick.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 27, 2012 11:54:41 AM

12. So overrated.

Posted by: db | Apr 27, 2012 12:26:45 PM

13. And I had such high hopes considering how great the song was without a video, LOL.

Posted by: Drew | Apr 27, 2012 2:35:12 PM

14. I thought it was fantastic! Reminded me of a Thrill Kill Kult video from eons ago.

Posted by: Chicklets | Apr 27, 2012 8:55:01 PM

15. Will never understand how she is so popular. Guess I'm hitting that point in my life where I "don't get what the young kids are listening to." I pretty much like most music, too, but just haven't gotten into Minaj. I will say that this particular song is much closer to something I MIGHT consider listening to, but not quite.

I am kinda fascinated with her body and how her ass looks like it was taken off a much larger woman and injected into a smaller frame. What is up with that? I mean, she has a great stomach and upper body... WTF?

Posted by: MattS | Apr 27, 2012 10:20:02 PM

16. VTF. Virtually Talent Free.

Posted by: Brion | Apr 28, 2012 1:59:22 AM

17. god, and i thought pop music was just supposed to be fun. this certainly was. living for that chartreuse wig.

Posted by: jesse | Apr 28, 2012 3:45:41 AM