Comments

1. MarkUs says

Congrats to Madge but they spent a lot of money for that #1. I was checking out at CVS last night and at the cash register they had piles of her DVD there. How often do you see that.

2. finkles2000 says

MDNA is an awesome album. I was a little underwhelmed by “Hard Candy,” but I can’t stop listening to most of the songs on “MDNA.”

There are a whole lot of factors that contribute to #1 album these days. For instance, each person who bought a ticket to her concert (including me, FINALLY!) got a free CD/download of the clean version of MDNA, and they’ve included that in album sales. So make of that what you will. But I still maintain that it’s a great album, on par with “Confessions on a Dance Floor” and sometimes a little reminiscent of “Ray of Light.”

3. finkles2000 says

4. jimstoic says

The album has some good tracks. “I’m Addicted” and “Turn Up The Radio” are my favorites. “Girl Gone Wild” would be great without the intro. I’ll get the radio version without the intro, if there ever is one. “Gang Bang” is just too dark for anything but a drunken night of pacing and plotting revenge. “I’m A Sinner” is catchy, but I’m not sure how many people will want to have the phrase “I’m a sinner” playing over and over in their heads.

5. RonDenver says

@Steve: I do. I also buy CD’s from Amazon instead of a download whenever I can. I like to have a hard copy of my music in case of some hard drive catastrophe. Plus I can rip the CD at 320kbps which sounds a lot better.

6. Reppin2 says

There ARE in fact many factors that contribute to her success. Two of them are auto-tune and incredibly talented studio engineers. Without them she would be nothing.

7. JC says

I feel sorry for that poor guy who got a plate full of cake to the face. You can tell from his expression he didn’t think it was as hilarious as Madg did. He looked a bit hurt. Understandable after going to all the trouble to through her a surprise party. I guess that’s what happens when you work for a diva.

8. right says

Just remember every single ticket for her concert tour included a cd (added into the price of the ticket of course). You know how many tix she sold before release date? Yep, there ya go.

9. Dback says

And then, for entertainment’s sake, she threw all of them into a lion-filled pit and smiled as their screams filled the air. Ah, Madge. You are the last Leo diva.