Advertising | Gay Parents | News

BigGayDeal.com

'Disturbed' OMM Reacts To JC Penney Catalog Featuring Gay Dads

GayDadsJCPenney

The group One Million Moms released the obligatory press release decrying JC Penney for featuring real-life gay dads in their most recent catalog.

Describing themselves as 'disturbed,' the group again vowed to keep fighting the gay-friendly retailer. "Our persistence will pay off!" they declare in their press release, which also insists JCP "would rather take sides than remain neutral in the culture war."

It is obvious that JCP would rather take sides than remain neutral in the culture war. JCP will hear from the other side so they need to hear from us as well. Our persistence will pay off! One day we will answer for our actions or lack of them. We must remain diligent and stand up for Biblical values and truth. Scripture says multiple times that homosexuality is wrong, and God will not tolerate this sinful nature.

In addition to again urging their supporters to call and write to JC Penney, OMM also asks them to return any unsolicited catalogs that may come their way. "If they receive an onslaught of their returned magazines, they will take notice."

Despite these frequent calls to action, JC Penney has remained steadfast in their commitment to equality.

Comments

1. Such a gorgeous family. I'd rather be adopted by a gay couple who love each other immensely, than neglected by a dead beat hetero who can't even love himself.

I hope to see more ads like this.

Posted by: StonerKola | Jun 1, 2012 6:23:03 PM

2. You'd like to believe it will all just "wear off." When was "The Civil War?" And the audacity of saying that by "being more tolerant" of you THEY will be happier? What dream land do you live in? This a a major change to society as we know it. It may take your lifetime to be accepted. I don't envy you. Mary??

Posted by: Cliff | Jun 1, 2012 6:50:30 PM

3. Can One Million Moms just piss off already... I encountered them once... here is my story: http://fraubella.blogspot.com/2012/02/pennys-from-heaven.html

Posted by: Frau Bella | Jun 1, 2012 7:22:30 PM

4. Research completed.

Posted by: Cliff | Jun 1, 2012 8:56:29 PM

5. MABEL HODGES (31 MAY; 8:29:24 PM),
    YOUR SUPPORT OF YOUR DAUGHTER AND THE "gay" COMMUNITY IS ADMIRABLE - I SINCERLY MEAN THAT. TO SAY, "Jesus had two dads!," IMPLIES CHRISTIANITY SUPPORTS "gay" MARRIAGE. MA'AM, PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THAT FAITH WOULD NOT LIKE YOUR STATEMENT.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 1, 2012 10:38:48 PM

6. "WHATEVER" (1 JUNE; 12:47:28 AM),
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH UNFORTUNATE CHILDREN BEING ADOPTED BY LOVING "HETEROSEXUAL PARENTS." I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHILDREN BEING ADOPTED BY PEOPLE OF ANOTHER RACE. I CAN TELL YOU - AS A NEGRO MALE - IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR A NEGRO BOY TO HAVE A STRONG "ADULT-NEGRO MALE PRESENCE" IN HIS LIFE. IT IS DANGEROUS FOR A CAUCASIAN "PARENT" TO CONVINCE A NEGRO CHILD RACISM IS OVER. I AM NOT "MEDIA SAVVY;" YET, I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET Orenthal James Simpson's BIRACIAL CHILDREN - ESPECIALLY, HIS SON - IS HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO "COPE" AS A "black MAN IN AMERICA," DUE TO THE INFLUENCE OF HIS MOTHER'S FAMILY.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 1, 2012 10:58:57 PM

7. @CHRISTOPHERCAPSLOCK: How many black children have you adopted?

Posted by: DEAN | Jun 2, 2012 2:18:33 AM

8. What is this an ad for? It looks like Exhibit A in a trial.

Posted by: Bo | Jun 2, 2012 5:43:10 PM

9. BO: Get a life!

Posted by: WHATEVER | Jun 2, 2012 6:01:05 PM

10. Forget the milk carton, we've got the kids right here.

Posted by: Sean | Jun 2, 2012 7:34:23 PM

11. "DEAN" (2 JUNE; 2:18:33 AM),
    I ASSUME YOU ARE CAUCASIAN. IF YOU WERE RAISING A NEGRO "SON," WHAT WOULD YOU TELL HIM ABOUT Ku Klux Klan? I GUARANTEE, YOU WOULD "GLOSS" IT OVER.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 2, 2012 7:59:27 PM

12. How would YOU even know what I would do? YOU are the one saying kids should not be adopted by parents of a different race (what year are you living in?). So, if that isn't available is it better to let the child grow up in an orphanage or bounce around foster homes all their life? So again, my question to you as a black male, how many black children have you adopted to save them from, as YOU say, the danger of a caucasian parent? How many have YOU saved from a life in an orphanage?

Posted by: DEAN | Jun 2, 2012 8:23:18 PM

13. Where children are concerned, they will settle for a warm body. A different race makes it appear they are helping the world's unwanted children. Either way they are merely props to complete their selfish desire for a "family" that they can't create naturally. JCPenney is a tired realer trying to ride a trend and insure customers. Before, most gays would hope they were never spotted in a JCPenney.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 2, 2012 8:28:24 PM

14. Props? Selfish? Oh yes, it couldn't be that theyjust might have a lot of love to give an adandoned child (btw a child abandoned by a heterosexual person) could it? You are such a sad human being.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 2, 2012 9:05:57 PM

15. You're really banking on those abandoned children. Why not give the child the choice, instead of having them wake up in somebody's warped fantasy. Wake up. "Sad" is wimp lingo.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 2, 2012 9:48:00 PM

16. Really? A choice between being unwanted in an orphanage or a loving home? Yeah, I'm sure the child will be a bigot and say "no homo"! Troll somewhere else.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 2, 2012 9:53:57 PM

17. You're setting the perfect trap. Have you adopted lately? People are doing it everyday. And what's this "loving home" crap. You make it sound like everyday with two gays is sweetness and sunshine. Buy dolls and do some improv for a few years. Gays can be pretty neurotic - and it the parent role? Help.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 2, 2012 10:17:16 PM

18. Mark: peddle your NOM/OMM/AFA garbage somewhere else. You know nothing about the plight of unwanted children or adoption.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 2, 2012 10:24:19 PM

19. You're big on the initials. I'm gay. Stay away from children, they're only for the rich celebrities. The garbage will be what the psychiatrists will hear from those "saved" children when they're teenagers, if they haven't run away before that. It's not fun to be bullied because of your parents. We're talking odds here.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 2, 2012 10:38:25 PM

20. Mark: enough.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 2, 2012 10:43:54 PM

21. Bob: You don't have the patience to be a parent. I think adopting a pet might be a better fit for you.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 3, 2012 12:58:34 AM

22. MARK - Seriously, you are ignorant.. Come back when you have facts and not opinions and fears.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 3, 2012 1:27:47 AM

23. And seriously, is it just me, or has the prevelance of MARKs and his ilk increased here of late?

Posted by: TJ | Jun 3, 2012 1:30:41 AM

24. Mark: I don't think you are qualified to adopt a rock. I really pity you. I'm done with you because you are childish and just want to get a rise out of people. You add nothing to this world.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 3, 2012 4:04:07 AM

25. Bob: Actually Bob you would probably cruise me if you saw me on the street. If "you" pity me I would just have to laugh. Wake up to l real world. And I would consider you adopting some rocks. You may need to throw some. If you know how to throw "Mom"

Posted by: Mark | Jun 3, 2012 5:17:25 PM