American Family Association | Bryan Fischer | Discrimination | News

AFA's Bryan Fischer Explains Why It's 'Perfectly Appropriate' to Discriminate Against Gay People: VIDEO:

Fischer

Citing Martin Luther King Jr., hate group spokesman Bryan Fischer wants to reclaim the term "discrimination" so that everyone will realize how "perfectly appropriate" it is to discriminate against gay people, Right Wing Watch reports.

Says Fischer: "You begin to see the implications when it comes to homosexuality because you're dealing there with issues of content of character and you are dealing with issues of behavior and conduct and it's perfectly appropriate to discriminate against immoral conduct."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss us at @TLRD on Twitter.

Comments

1. "... it's perfectly appropriate to discriminate against immoral conduct."

This is great news. Now we can start discriminating against Bryan Fischer and other hate group leaders.

Posted by: Micky | May 1, 2012 11:36:02 AM

2. If he has done anything sexual other than have intercourse to create babies, then, in his terms, he should be discriminated against by the government for being immoral.

Posted by: trees | May 1, 2012 11:40:37 AM

3. Jesus must be so proud.

Posted by: shle896shle | May 1, 2012 11:42:00 AM

4. That idiot better be careful. Today he spouts who gets to be discriminated again, tomorrow some group will look at his group and deem them "immoral" and they will be the victims of his own medicine.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 1, 2012 11:48:38 AM

5. This is good news - the beginning of the end of the AFA.

Posted by: Jim H | May 1, 2012 11:52:14 AM

6. One can certainly discriminate based on immoral behavior.
    I wouldn't hire Bernard Madoff as my accountant or Charles Manson as my babysitter.

Of course, what he defines as "immoral" is simply narrow-minded bigotry.

Posted by: gr8guya | May 1, 2012 11:58:42 AM

7. I personally find lying and hypocrisy immoral against my own moral code so I am absolutely justified in discriminating against bigots like him.

Posted by: paul | May 1, 2012 12:14:25 PM

8. Really?! Dig yourself a little deeper, Bry. People without either morals OR character shouldn't lecture others about morality of the content of anyone else's character.

I'm not religious, but the Jesus I was raised with thinks this guy is a d*ck!

Posted by: Caliban | May 1, 2012 12:31:04 PM

9. Why do we continue to post this hate speech on our website? I get exposed to too much toxic energy already...I don't need to continue to see it on a site I go to for information about my life point of view.

Posted by: Andy Pand | May 1, 2012 12:40:26 PM

10. When is this old turd and waste of air going to die already? Off to the sky fairy you go angry man.

Posted by: SFshawn | May 1, 2012 1:00:35 PM

11. Andy Pand - I want this video to spread like wildfire. I want everyone to see it. I want my conservative parents and relatives, who are "fine" with me being gay, "but don't see what all the community's fuss is about" to see this.

If every news station picked this up and followed it with half the outrage that was generated by the recent Dan Savage or Hillary Rosen comments (which were both factual, might I add), groups like NOM and the AFA would be barely breathing tomorrow.

Posted by: kpo5 | May 1, 2012 1:02:37 PM

12. I wish it was perfectly appropriate for someone to smack him in the face with a custard pie while he's saying such nonsense. Alas...

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 1, 2012 1:05:53 PM

13. When will the more mainstream christians, the ones that get all bent out of shape when I say that religion is the root of all of society's ills, stand up and put this idiot in his place?

Each and every one of you should be ashamed that this guy talks to the same fictitious god that you do.

Posted by: Mike Hipp | May 1, 2012 1:10:53 PM

14. I'll gladly discriminate against hate groups and their leaders -- based solely on their character and conduct.

Posted by: Rick | May 1, 2012 1:13:58 PM

15. The more Crazy McNuttynuts talks, the closer we get to equality.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | May 1, 2012 1:21:07 PM

16. What he says means if I find AFA's work immoral, it is appropriate (according to BF) to discriminate them. But then I would lower my moral standards to his level.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 1, 2012 1:38:43 PM

17. It's okay to discriminate against immorality? Fine, since being a bigot is immoral, get to the back of the bus Bryan Fischer...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | May 1, 2012 4:28:36 PM

18. On his next broadcast: Bryan replaces the word "homosexual" with "Jew". Plus ├ža change...

Posted by: Marco Luxe | May 1, 2012 4:58:05 PM

19. Anyone who believes that Bryan Fischer actually supported Martin Luther King please raise your hand. I don't see any hands. You just know that this anti-gay bigot was an anti-black bigot back in the day. No doubt about it. I will also bet that he really hates Jews. It is almost always a package deal. Yep they use to hate Blacks, Jews, Catholics and Queers. Poor things. The only group they can still hate is homos. They are hanging on to that hatred and America is in the process of even taking that away from them.

Posted by: jack | May 1, 2012 6:08:44 PM

20. I think that people in People of the American Way church are immoral, and by my values pertaining to morality of *MY* church I think that they deserve to be denied fair housing, fair employment, judicial process, and fair treatment under the law.

Posted by: Pup | May 1, 2012 10:47:28 PM

21. "And when they had brought the harlot to the market square to be stoned, Jesus said unto them " And let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

How is it that Bryan Fischer missed that important passage in the New Testament? Here we had an angry crowd of men about to hurl softball size stones at this poor woman whose only crime was...well, she was a whore! That was considered immoral back in those times. Yet...YET...Jesus comes to this event and he leaves these angry Pharisees with their jaws hanging wide open when he says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Total PWNAGE! How DARE this son of a carpenter say that to our faces...who does he think he is?

I think this would apply appropriately to Mr. Fischer. How can you say it's okay to discriminate against a person solely based on their sexual identity as being immoral, when you have nto learned the basic principle of "loving your neighbor as you would yourself?"

Posted by: Ray Sager | May 1, 2012 11:32:37 PM

22. Maggie Gallagher: "I feel discriminated against for my persistent broadcast that gay people should be treated as third class citizens."

Best retort?: "You should be discriminated against. As your great "god" Bryan Fischer explains, 'it is perfectly appropriate to discriminate against immoral conduct.'" (And, yes, I see Bryan Fischer as a demonic false prophet--or a too-influential idiot, same diff.)

Obvi, what fishy Fischer misses is that homosexuality is not immoral conduct. (Cite: common sense, plus EVERY credible Psychological/Medical study.) Even if we ignored all evidence and imagined homosexuality as mere conduct (gay acts done by straight folk??), how could homosexuality be more immoral than eating shellfish, another antiquarian biblical belief?

By contrast, it IS immoral to hate gay people and to discriminate against them for living how they were born. (Cite: common sense, basic humanity; more fundamental truly-timeless biblical commands, like: 'love your neighbor as yourself,' or "judge not lest ye be judged.')

Fischer and his kind have already pretended to be God and judged me for my very existence, so I have no qaulms judging them, however humanly imperfect that makes me:

Why do these bigots have so much influence?! When will the Republican party stop pandering to them, gawsh. Honestly, no decent human un-ignorantly votes Republican today (excluding a rare exception such as Olympia Snowe et al., the sort of exception that is less and less common, and only proves the rule). Not to be mean, but this rule matches my experience of such folks perfectly. I can dream that it changes, but it will probably take generations at least.

Ah, Martin Luther King, Jr., wouldn't you be proud of being cited by ever-inspirational Bryan Fischer, visionary for more love, justice, and mutual respect amongst mandkind, hahaha ;-/.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 3, 2012 9:34:58 AM