Budapest | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Hungary | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: István and Tamás

Budapest

István and Tamás were married last year in a ceremony in Budapest, Hungary, and they have this video, which feels more like an ad for Chanel, to remember it by!

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check out our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jason and Paul [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Corvette [tr]
Young Gay Couple Marries in Beautiful Clip from Italy [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Amir and Chandler [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ruben and Joaquin [tr]

Comments

1. Does this have to be a "gay" wedding video? Can't it just be a wedding video?

Posted by: don | May 25, 2012 10:48:33 AM

2. Europeans are so cool...

Posted by: gerry | May 25, 2012 10:54:56 AM

3. Stunning quality for a wedding video, gay or straight. Simply gorgeous.

Posted by: Ken | May 25, 2012 11:13:04 AM

4. WOWser, that video looked amazing! Like a perfume commercial. I wish'em the very best.

Posted by: AJ | May 25, 2012 11:35:14 AM

5. Pretentious Douchebags on Parade. UGH.

Posted by: Johnny | May 25, 2012 11:36:30 AM

6. @Johnny, everyone should have the wedding they like, also this couple on the vid. You have the way you like.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 25, 2012 11:52:17 AM

7. "Pretentious Douchebags on Parade. UGH."

Seriously Johnny?

How many weddings have we been been to that are "upscale" and both the bride/groom come from affluent backgrounds? We as gay men/women certainly have that right too. Douchebags? Hardly.

When I married my partner in January, we celebrated with family and friends our dream which suddenly became available to us. And yes, it was elaborate and formal. That was our choice, and we could afford to splurge for our "special day". "Douchebags"? "Pretentious"? Not by a long shot.

Sounds like you are just bitter at the world.

Posted by: jtramon | May 25, 2012 11:52:41 AM

8. Yeah gay or straight, it's obscene to go for this kind of Chanel commercial-type pseudo-upscale, glossy crap when half the world is unemployed and starving. Vomit.

Posted by: Mark | May 25, 2012 12:06:49 PM

9. I dont know that its necessarily that upscale.. its Budapest.. things are cheaper there, Europeans are classier, dress more elegantly and have more interesting venues in which to do things. North Americans (Canada included) look like a bunch of douchebags or sloppy assed losers when they go to weddings.. Europeans just class it up. Bravo!

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | May 25, 2012 12:13:06 PM

10. If they got married in Hungary, then it was invalid then. Hungary doesn't recognize or perform same-sex marriages, especially not now since the new Hungarian Constitution was passed by the far-right/right wing government which explicitly bans it!

Posted by: Mr. E | May 25, 2012 12:17:46 PM

11. I agree with Mark, it is just plain stupid to spend $100,000 on ANY wedding straight or gay. As Dolly Parton once said "An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure" but really...come on girls. 95% of us could never afford that. Jealous? You bet, my partner of 35 years and I would love to get married for tax benefits alone. But we don't need to show off our wealth or prove our love and devotion by throwing a one day orgy of food and drink. We'd rather relax in our old age and retirement.
    But.....on second thought.....why not, if you got it flaunt it baby flaunt it.

Posted by: Iwontgrowup | May 25, 2012 12:24:21 PM

12. This WAS gorgeous. But in Budapest, and not legal? Probably scorned even. Who cares it will always be a special day for them and the elegant film will always remind them and perhaps help them to keep things going when the going gets tough.

It's true, in North America dressing up is now almost unheard of (except in the corporate world), the legacy of hippidom. Personally, I think we've gone beyond it recognizing that it is character that makes the man more than his, or her clothes. But, oh my, these people looked wonderful and it is an additional honor to the marrying pair that everyone would make such efforts to look good for their special day.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 25, 2012 12:42:26 PM

13. Upper class Europeans, unlike their American counterparts, pay plenty in taxes. If they want to have a nice wedding at a resort hotel for 60-70 guests, I hardly think that's reason to call them names, and I suspect the hotel staff, florists, etc., minded having work to do.

The only pretentious thing was the black/white lapels...

Posted by: BobN | May 25, 2012 12:56:37 PM

14. Mark says it's obscene to do this when half the world is unemployed and starving. Mark, isn't it also obscene to waste time on the internet watching and commenting when you could be out helping those people? So get off your fat ass and do something about it. This video is beautiful.

Posted by: Ken | May 25, 2012 1:08:38 PM

15. Beautiful and expensive looking. I'd love it more if the focus was more on the couple who got married. I had trouble finding them in all the shots taken.

If they live in Budapest or from that area, then it's probably logical to get married there even if technically not legal. Otherwise, not sure why they would choose that location.

Posted by: sara | May 25, 2012 1:16:33 PM

16. Wow. I have never seen a wedding video this well shot and produced. Makes me wish I had been there.

To the critics, I assume that you live in a tiny home, wear second-hand clothes, and donate all of your time and money to the poor. If not, then the same arguments that you use could be directed at yourself. Should you buy a movie ticket or donate that money to charity? How about that second slice of pizza? Wouldn't that money be better used to help others?

In addition, you don't know that this couple isn't also philanthropic. They may spend more giving to charity than they spent on their wedding. While I bemoan the wild excess of today's billionaires -the 22-year old Russian heiress who bought the Spelling estate in LA - spending money on a nice wedding does not seem that unreasonable.

Angry rebuttals start in...3...2...1....

Posted by: gr8guya | May 25, 2012 2:03:13 PM

17. The Costa coffee product placement nicely complemented the harlequin jester suits and ill-fitting sunglasses.

Posted by: Runt | May 25, 2012 2:05:28 PM

18. They appear to be signing some kind of document, but I'm not sure what it could be!

Posted by: KevinVT | May 25, 2012 2:05:31 PM

19. You know what? For all the grumps, bitter queens, and naysayers on here b*tching about excess, etc- until you spell out what you do in YOUR community - giving your money, time, effort, talents, etc. you have NO right to criticize this couple. Like an earlier poster said, we don't know that they don't give to charities and are great people. The least we can do is wish them the best and congratulate them on finding love in a sad, tired world. Isn't that what we all want?

Income inequality isn't addressed through people NOT spending heir money- and certainly not through discouraging them to spend to spend it on the service sector ( caterers, decorators, wedding planners, waiters, florists etc). Be passionate about income inequality- I am! But for goodness sakes- don't be so UNINFORMED.

That said- congratulations guys!!! It was a KICK-ASS movie ;) and worth every cent!

Posted by: Scott | May 25, 2012 3:12:18 PM

20. I usually love these vids, the sweetness, the love and sincerity (even in the more elaborate ones), but I really didn't get any of that from this. It looks highly scripted (not in a good way), more like a commercial film, and I half expected a kickster blurb for post-production financing at the end.

Posted by: jim | May 25, 2012 5:22:49 PM

21. To me this is just a dream wedding come through! good to know there are other gay men out there with the same fairy tale wedding fantasies as I have! When I find a guy worth marrying, you can bet I will spend every damn penny needed to have the wedding I constantly dream of! BRAVO guys, this video was amazing!

Posted by: Rafa | May 25, 2012 6:16:58 PM

22. All I know is that the more you see same-sex weddings, the more "normal"......and beautiful.... they look. I saw the reality TV series "Gay Weddings" and it was part of why I decided to become a marriage equality supporter. When I found out later that Harley and Scott had broken up I was DEVASTATED. They were my favorite couple. I didn't even consider the possibility that now one or both of them might be able to be "cured" by Marcus Bachmann's clinic. I knew at that point that my opposition to marriage equality was almost over.

Posted by: Mary | May 25, 2012 9:07:31 PM

23. Yes, it's their right, and I'm happy for them, but they still look like douchebags.

Posted by: Joseph | May 26, 2012 11:27:22 AM

24. Hey guys! I'm the creator of this video. Since 2009 gay marriages are legal in our country. This is how we call it: registered relationship by love.
    all the best
    Andras S.

Posted by: Andras | Jun 7, 2012 6:14:19 PM

25. @Andras, Congrats for the job man!!! Great taste in the venue, guests dressed impeccably and very fashionable, the video is very tasteful and well done. My favorite wedding video...ever!!! I can't believe so many bitter queens. Americans are really something. While many gay Americans still can't get married in most States and in most countries in the World the hateful queens wish to poo poo into other people happiness. If you are a bitter queen whom no one will marry because you are an ugly whore don't hate on gay men with great taste that are legalizing their relationship.

Posted by: Ben@pr | Jun 19, 2012 4:42:49 PM