I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | News | Tom Hardy

Tom Hardy: Gay Rumors Impossible to Extinguish, Doesn't Care

Tom Hardy talks to Vulture about his currently very bushy beard, and why he's commenting on your blog posts.

HardyThat’s wise. And at least you know you can always grow that beard again if you need to go down to the corner shop undetected.

And I f**king will as well!

How long did it take to grow that out?

Five months. And I’ve already trimmed it a lot, because people are saying it's grizzly.

Which people?

Oh, I'm a terrible reader of the Internet and stuff like that.

And you read what people say about you?

Yeah, 'cause in my head, I’m still not famous. It's like, "Hey, I'm on this site!" Or [to my fiancée], "Look at what we were wearing last night! And everyone says you look great." And then someone will say, "Tom Hardy is a c*nt because … " What? WHAT?

And then do you reply anonymously?

Yes, sometimes! Wouldn't you? Sometimes no one’s defending my corner! And then what you find — I've done it before — is that it’s a forest fire that you can’t put out. It's like [when commenters say], "Is he gay? Isn’t he gay?" Does it matter? Does it actually?

And, a hot shot for old time's sake, AFTER THE JUMP...

Hardy

Comments

1. If you're reading this Tom, I love 'em scruffy!

Posted by: Craig | May 22, 2012 12:17:52 PM

2. I'm with Craig. I love you Tom. : )

Posted by: Jose | May 22, 2012 12:24:21 PM

3. Sorry, Tom, I don't know who you are, but I'll check Google "images" to see more pictures of you and your beard! :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | May 22, 2012 12:33:44 PM

4. damn cute...

Posted by: Michael Miller | May 22, 2012 12:34:04 PM

5. Okay, Google completed. The only film of his I've seen is Star Trek with him as Shinzon. I enjoyed that film despite what others said about it, but I'm still sad Data died. :-(

DEFINITELY keep the beard, and do not EVER shave that fuzzy chest of yours - PLEASE!! :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | May 22, 2012 12:41:08 PM

6. ""Is he gay? Isn’t he gay?" Does it matter? Does it actually?"

The older you get, the less it matters. So if you are, you best get started.

Posted by: bearded, or not bearded? | May 22, 2012 12:43:05 PM

7. Man, I think I speak for most gay men when it comes to Tom Hardy being gay:

I F'N HOPE SO!!!

Posted by: Michael | May 22, 2012 12:47:19 PM

8. I have loved Tom since his Star Trek villain came on screen. Check him out in "Rock-n-rolla" - one of his best. Well, "Warrior" was great too. Give me Hardy, 24/7.

Posted by: Brad | May 22, 2012 12:48:33 PM

9. Who the hell is Tom Hardy. I have never heard of him?

Posted by: Kevin thor | May 22, 2012 12:50:46 PM

10. He's right. He's not that famous.

Posted by: anon | May 22, 2012 12:51:01 PM

11. btw, Tom Hardy has some balls BIG time. Most men, I would bet at least 80%, have at some point "played around" with another guy. It's a shame most of them will never have the courage and gusto Hardy does. For once though, I'd like to be in a room full of guys, have some truth serum floating in the air and ask the crowd who has fooled around at least once with another guy. I think if men realized most men have done so then the stigma of homosexuality would die for good.

Posted by: Michael | May 22, 2012 12:52:11 PM

12. Damn fine and handsome MAN. Anytime Tom, anytime.

Posted by: SFRowGuy | May 22, 2012 1:09:12 PM

13. He should be applauded for talking honestly about sex. Instead, he is repeatedly raked over the coals on the internet & in the press. Sadly, other young actors may not be so open & nonchalant because of what keeps happening to him. The press should always be called out for making gay a bad thing. So the guy experimented in his youth-big deal.

Posted by: okay | May 22, 2012 1:09:54 PM

14. OF COURSE IT MATTERS TOM!!! because kids are killing themselves over the fear and terror of coming out in our mean world, yes Tom, it matters because role models matter.

Posted by: MiKem | May 22, 2012 1:17:37 PM

15. I don't think the media has been s**t talking Tom. Or at least I haven't seen any of that personally. Instead I've been seeing regular people trash talking Tom for being open about his sexual experiences, leading to his PR people attempting a backtracking of his comments. Just highlights how puritan American society is about sex. Social conservatism is to blame for that.

Posted by: Francis | May 22, 2012 1:19:31 PM

16. Agreed, FRANCIS.

Posted by: nikko | May 22, 2012 1:46:49 PM

17. He's a good guy and being up front and unbaitable about gay stuff is the right way, just shrug it off.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 22, 2012 1:49:46 PM

18. Any guy who is good looking, and especially a well known artist/entertainer, athlete, etc. automatically has gay rumors.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 22, 2012 1:56:16 PM

19. Tom, if you're reading, just for a short while, lose the beard, slim back down, and reunite with Refn opposite Ryan Gosling in a gay romance story with lots of violence.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | May 22, 2012 2:01:05 PM

20. Ratbastard, get off of it. Hardy has admitted to fooling around with guys. And, yes, pretty boys 99% of the time dig other pretty boys. It's one good thing about being gay.

Posted by: Michael | May 22, 2012 2:15:19 PM

21. Tom who?

Posted by: Alan | May 22, 2012 2:20:49 PM

22. I fooled around with girls when I was younger just to see if I liked it. I enjoyed it but not as much as I liked guys. So does that make me straight... hardly. I have actor friends who are str8 who say you need some gay sensibility to be a good actor. I am sure the reverse is true.

Posted by: Joey | May 22, 2012 2:58:32 PM

23. Tom, if you're reading this, I love you man, and I will defend you always against the haters! You sleep with whoever you want and ignore the small-minded stalkerazzis.

Posted by: carl | May 22, 2012 4:16:05 PM

24. I developed a big ol' crush when he starred as a villain in a Star Trek Next Generation movie years ago. And he has gotten different shades of hotter since then.

Posted by: sparks | May 22, 2012 4:31:22 PM

25. If he is gay, he should come out. The more celebrities like this guy come out, the more barriers come down. And yes, he has the gay dude thing going on nicely.

Posted by: RK | May 22, 2012 4:36:23 PM