Channing Tatum | Joe Manganiello | Matt Bomer | Matthew McConaughey | Moving Pictures

BigGayDeal.com

'Magic Mike' Stars Coming Out For PR Blitz

MagicMikeCover

Magic Mike, the Steven Soderbergh-directed flick about male strippers, comes out in a little over a month and Entertainment Weekly is celebrating with a very special cover.

On the front there's star Channing Tatum, himself a former stripper, and behind two flaps you'll find the rest of the cast: Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello and openly gay Matt Bomer.

I've included the special GIF and some screenshots from behind-the-scenes AFTER THE JUMP

Meanwhile, McConaughey is doing his PR part with an interview with The Advocate in which he speaks about first realizing he had a large gay audience.

At what point did you become aware of your gay audience?

I know exactly when. It was about 1995, I go into a coffee shop on Santa Monica Boulevard, and the guy behind the counter has a picture of me from Boys on the Side taped to the tip jar. Is that not classic? I gave that guy a big tip.

What does that support mean to you?

It’s much appreciated. You know, I have some good friends of my own who happen to be gay, and when it comes to gay, straight, or whatever, I’m for anything life-affirmative. I’m for gay power, straight power, male power, female power; everybody should feel empowered without oppressing anyone who’s different. You know those World Cup banners about tolerance? I always thought that was one short. No, don’t just tolerate me. Understand and accept me.

Check out the special Entertainment Weekly cover in action AFTER THE JUMP.

EW1208CVR_MagMikePROMO2

MagicMike1

MagicMike2

MagicMike4

MagicMike3

Comments

1. Don't know about the movie, but Joe and Matt Bomer, hotties.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 17, 2012 7:52:15 AM

2. LOL! You think the editor of Entertainment Weekly might be gay?

I honestly don't a single person interested in this movie.

Posted by: endo | May 17, 2012 7:56:51 AM

3. Beautiful eye candy!

And I'll bet "So Tasty Too!"

Sure would like to be trapped in a Joe M and Matt B sandwich....

....oh well, back to reality and my daily dull grind....

Posted by: Max F Grump | May 17, 2012 8:30:32 AM

4. Wow Joe M must work out 10 hours a day and eat nothing fun. Is that sustainable? Do I care? *drool*

Posted by: Terry | May 17, 2012 8:34:20 AM

5. Also ENDO what self respecting red blooded woman or gay man would not want to watch men stripping? Bizarre.

Posted by: Rowan | May 17, 2012 8:53:11 AM

6. The main thing these guys are doing is having fun. If everyone else followed as well as they can in their own life and way (or even just tried to) they'd move themselves up a notch. Emulate these happy men.

And, btw, the quote from McConaughey tells me he has very few fears.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 17, 2012 9:03:49 AM

7. @ Max F Grump - Oh thanks, now all I can think about is being trapped in that same sandwich. Although, trapped isn't exactly the correct word. I would stay there willingly.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 17, 2012 9:04:47 AM

8. @Rowan: I've been to strip clubs. They are lame.

Posted by: endo | May 17, 2012 9:33:17 AM

9. Joe and Bomer melt me! Oh yeah, Endo is Ian Somerhalder pissed he couldn't make the cut - LOL

Posted by: Racy | May 17, 2012 9:38:31 AM

10. Matthew McConaughey, really? I'm convinced his entire appeal was the result of a highly successful PR campaign to tell us he is extremely attractive and everyone on earth was afraid to be one to say "Meh." first. Channing Tatum too but I don't think any publication has ever gushed at length about how attractive he is like they have done with McConaughey.

Posted by: John M | May 17, 2012 10:03:41 AM

11. @JOHN M I assume you are aware that everyone in Hollywood who is successful is the result of a carefully orchestrated PR campaign. Do you think that everybody except Matthew McConaughey is just an regular Joe organically discovered by the American public?

Posted by: MrJ | May 17, 2012 11:01:43 AM

12. Endo is trashing this at the EW site as well. Somebody needs to get a life.

Posted by: Looks fun! | May 17, 2012 11:02:47 AM

13. Joe M is effing DELICIOUS!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!! I'm definitely seeing this movie..

Strippers in real life are a waste of money though.. in this day and age why pay for a stripper? All they do is tease you and you don't get off. Just get on adam4adam and you'll be much better off lol.

Posted by: Lucas | May 17, 2012 11:40:03 AM

14. Who has ever said that McConaughey has a big gay following? Answer: no one. He's too annoying.

Is that final picture real? It looks like something that perhaps a child in Cirque de Soleil could do, but no one else.

Posted by: Paul R | May 17, 2012 11:45:55 AM

15. *Sigh* I'm not much interested in the movie in terms of plot, acting, etc. I just want to see Matt, Channing, & Joe in various stages of undress. DROOL!!!!

Posted by: Gregor | May 17, 2012 12:14:03 PM

16. The movie looks dull, the female lead is odd and boring, and from what I saw in the trailer, the dialogue is very poorly-written, so aside from looking at these guys, there's pretty much no justification for spending 10 bucks plus snack money. It's a shame too - lots of star power here, but I am thinking it'll be more like Burlesque than anything.

Posted by: Joey Y | May 17, 2012 12:56:03 PM

17. I'll gladly spend 10 bucks to watch these guys badly act their way through this movie.

Posted by: chad | May 17, 2012 1:01:54 PM

18. I'm a pretty big horn dog, but I see no sex appeal in these pic. I've always thought Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer are attractive though. I will never understand Channing Tatum's appeal.

Posted by: Billy | May 17, 2012 1:04:08 PM

19. As the classic "aryan," Matthew McConahey is pretty. So are the other boys in a non-aryan way. As far as the film, didn't Mark Wahlberg do this in the 90's?

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | May 17, 2012 1:28:41 PM

20. *Sigh* I'm interested in the movie and as much to see Bomer and Joe in various stages of undress. Am I drooling!!! does it show???

Posted by: RichB in PS | May 17, 2012 2:26:36 PM

21. I believe too many folks are overthinking this one. Let's just take it at face value--and chests, legs, bums, etc. Matt Bomer shaking his booty in a thong. That's good enough for me!

Posted by: irisgirl | May 17, 2012 2:50:47 PM

22. I get hot just looking at Tatum's face. He doesn't even have to strip. Wow: What a beautiful face!!!

Posted by: lucas | May 17, 2012 5:51:04 PM

23. It looks like the cover for Titan Men video for a Joe Gage movie about gay strippers!

Posted by: jaragon | May 17, 2012 6:17:22 PM

24. I went to college with Matthew McConaghey (overlapped by one year) and I can tell you that young MM was incredibly magnetic and incredibly gorgeous in person. The thing I remember most was his eyes. I remember thinking about Paul Newman the first time I met him. I actually think it's very true, though, that none of that has ever really successfully translated to the screen, and his type of "beauty" doesn't age very well; it's best on kids and young people. The bohemian thing, with the weed and the bongo playing and the living in a trailer park (for real) and not cleaning up after hid dog, didn't help. You always got the impression that grown-up Matthew might smell a bit and not in a good, post-workout way. I don't find him attractive at all now, but am glad to see him working--the whole Texas pride thing--and think he is relatively talented. But to say that--at the time he burst onto the scene--that his attractiveness was pure invention, would be unfair.

Posted by: LuckyLinden | May 17, 2012 6:59:32 PM