Alex Pettyfer | Channing Tatum | Film | Magic Mike | Matthew McConaughey | News

Alex Pettyfer is Taken Under Channing Tatum's Stripper Wings in New 'Magic Mike' Trailer: VIDEO

Mm1

A new trailer just dropped for Magic Mike which focuses on the relationship between Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey as they school Alex Pettyfer in the ways of male stripping.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

The movie's actors had a fleshy spread in Entertainment Weekly this week as well.

Mm2

Comments

1. Can't help but be reminded of Natalie Wood's first striptease in 'Gypsy'...

Posted by: Pervy McPerv | May 18, 2012 12:37:21 PM

2. I really like Steven Soderbergh but I may have to miss this one. The beefcake factor is one thing but I am just not interested in the story. Meh.

Posted by: Bryant | May 18, 2012 12:54:35 PM

3. So why the nauseous-green filter? Oh, nevermind...

Posted by: Jesrad | May 18, 2012 1:05:30 PM

4. This movie is running for Razzies. Many of them.
    But some of the guys are good looking. But I won't pay to see it.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 18, 2012 1:25:33 PM

5. ^
    I didn't think I was interested in the story either. Sure, sure hot guys, but kinda silly to spend the money on. But that trailer made it look almost... good? Interesting? Hmmm. May have to fight with my pride and go see it.

Posted by: torentprime | May 18, 2012 1:33:06 PM

6. Ruined with the casting of McConaughey.

Posted by: Donny | May 18, 2012 1:38:58 PM

7. Dear sweet Jesus with your golden fleecy diapers and your fists of fury, thank you for inventing Netflix so I don't have to compromise my Christianity in front of a theatrefull of women. And thank you for making Joe Manganiello and not allowing him to speak a whole lot. Amen.

Posted by: The Milkman | May 18, 2012 2:02:16 PM

8. Story? There's a story? It seems there's a guy who's a stripper. He meets a gal who he's interested in and has to explain that he's got "a heart of gold." He meets a guy who wants to get into the business.

And the story is...? Where's the conflict? It doesn't seem to be a male version of _Burlesque_ or a stripper version of _Boogie Nights._ Exactly what is the story here?

Posted by: Rrhain | May 18, 2012 2:02:38 PM

9. I don't care what the story is. I plan on celebrating my gay pride w some male friends and seeing this. Woof!!

Posted by: AJ | May 18, 2012 2:51:49 PM

10. At least that one allowed for some male bonding in the picture. An earlier preview seemed to be shoving the het factor down our throats - leaving no room for, uh, popcorn.

Posted by: Glenn I | May 18, 2012 3:01:30 PM

11. I have to assume there's something more to this, what with Steven Soderbergh's involvement (the Ocean's movies notwithstanding). So that gives me a glimmer of hope I'll have some vague rationale to see this.

Posted by: Zlick | May 18, 2012 3:20:07 PM

12. "We found love in a hopeless place"--the soundtrack to the acquisition of this screenplay!

Posted by: Neil | May 18, 2012 3:48:13 PM

13. Are you GAY?! That movie is going to be AWESOME!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | May 18, 2012 4:47:37 PM

14. They recut the trailer because they realized the film is bad and want to attract a different demo.

I guess no one cares Channing's character wants to be a furniture designer.

Posted by: S. | May 18, 2012 5:15:14 PM

15. Not every movie has to be Art -- I like beefcake, I like strippers, Tatum has a self-effacing charm that the trailer displays nicely. After a hundred thousand hours of cheesecake in cinema, and maybe a handful of beefcake, I think it's cool that this got made, has the director it does, and is actually based on a chapter in a young actor's life that, rather than try to hide it or deride it, he is celebrating and even making a few more bucks on.
    Haters gonna hate.
    I'll probably give it a go.

Posted by: JauntyJohn | May 18, 2012 10:25:54 PM

16. It looks like a fun movie with a decent story and a whole lot of eye candy.

Posted by: andrew | May 19, 2012 3:19:00 AM

17. @S. - No, this trailer is cut differently because it was cut for the U.K. market, and they weren't trying to make the movie look like a rom-com because it was going to be showing in theatres before "The Lucky One". Unfortunately because the first trailer was cut specifically to go before that dreck, it wasn't really representative of what the movie is, which this trailer is much more.

Posted by: SG | May 19, 2012 5:30:26 AM

18. I love that Matt Bomer comes out of a Ken doll Box.

Posted by: Glenn | May 19, 2012 6:19:49 AM

19. Love me some male strippers- and I've always been puzzled by how many guys who also do will pretend not to and hang back and not give them dollar bills when they would really like to. What's behind our reflexive posture of total disdain? We apply it pretty broadly and I don't think it helps us in society at large.

Posted by: Rob | May 19, 2012 9:59:55 AM

20. @DONNY I couldn't agree more about McConaughey but knowing that Alex Pettyfer is in this film more than makes up for it, for me anyway. As well as Channing Tatum. And Joe Manganiello. Glad to see everybody's got their claws out for this one. Should be a catty time for all between now and the release date.

And, I will recite The Milkman's prayer daily because I have no shame and will probably succumb to Satan and go see this in a theatre full of women.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 19, 2012 10:06:00 AM

21. Straight to DVD in about 2 months - so I'll wait to pay $1 to rent it at Redbox. That way it will be possible to rewind and replay as desired. No way I'm paying $10+ to sit in a theater and bring home bedbugs!

Posted by: DrMikey | May 19, 2012 10:19:54 AM

22. Every generation has its own Showgirls. This one has balls instead of boobs. Well it has boobs, the guys on screen saying the nonsense dialogue.

Posted by: david in iowa | May 19, 2012 9:08:39 PM