Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Indiana | Jeff Sangl | News

BigGayDeal.com

Indiana Church Gives Child Standing Ovation for Singing 'No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven': VIDEO

Homos

Check out this sick video on its way to be being viral which features a child at a church which has been identified as the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greensburg, Indiana.

The church gets on its feet to applaud as the child sings, "No homos gonna make it to heaven."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Rev. Jeff Sangl is the Pastor and Founder of Apostolic Truth Tabernacle. Contact info here. Please react non-violently if you choose to do so.

Comments

1. Hate is taught.

Posted by: QJ201 | May 30, 2012 8:40:40 AM

2. If you go to these hate mongerers' webpage, this is on the opening screen. Kind of a misison statement.

"Welcome to Apostolic Truth Tabernacle - where our doors are open to you regardless of your background or where you are on your spiritual journey.

We are striving to become the kind of church described in the Bible, where there's relevant teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we'd like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time.

So whether you're a spiritual seeker who's just starting to ask questions about God, or a committed Christian who wants to sink the roots of your faith even deeper, you can find a home here at Apostolic Truth Tabernacle. You'll find that this is a place where you really matter — because you matter to God."

Uhhhh.... Yeah.

Posted by: TL | May 30, 2012 8:48:03 AM

3. This is sad that kids are being brainwashed by religion in to behaving like this. He has no concept of homosexuality and therefore should not be taught to act like that. This is appalling.

Posted by: Walter Fletcher | May 30, 2012 8:52:29 AM

4. Too bad this kind of "Christian teaching" doesn't qualify all those involved to be charged with "child abuse". What a heinous thing to teach this youngster! I can't imagine any God being happy with it.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | May 30, 2012 8:59:47 AM

5. As I've said before, it's gonna be a batshit crazy summer. Don't be surprised by anything like this. The hate mongers are really freaking out...LGBT hatred (often self-hatred) is an important part of evangelical recruitment. Of the ridiculously closeted-seeming people I've met, about 60% were evangelical/fundie (including African Americans), 20% Catholic, 10% mormon, and < 10% non-religious. I once worked for a few Baptist/fundie churches in a non-religious capacity (installing networking equipment when I was in college) and honestly, 1/2 the people who worked at them seemed like major league closet cases. If we continue to make advances at the pace we have in the past 3 years, these charlatans' bread and butter is threatened.

Posted by: St. Theresa of Avila | May 30, 2012 9:00:31 AM

6. Good Christians one and all.

The more I hear this crap coming from "organized religion" the more I am a socialist and an atheist.

Posted by: 99% | May 30, 2012 9:03:25 AM

7. Will these same people be cheering while this young man sits in a jail cell for the murder of anyone different than him?

Posted by: Dale | May 30, 2012 9:08:07 AM

8. Okay so in the past week we have been threatened with concentration camps, government genocide and now little kids are being applauded for singing hateful things about us? Time for some cute kitten vids Andy. This is too much.

Posted by: AJ | May 30, 2012 9:09:23 AM

9. The F-ing Bigots are really coming out of the woodwork now! May they DIE a slow and painful death for their hatred and bigotry.
    This is exactly why all churches should be denied tax exempt status; the IRS would not give tax exempt status to the KKK or to other hate groups, why then to hateful religious denominations?

Posted by: Jon | May 30, 2012 9:10:54 AM

10. That little boy is going to be gay when he grows up.

Posted by: Tamika | May 30, 2012 9:12:41 AM

11. Very true, St. Theresa, anyone who has spent some time in the church, associating with church folk, knows it's a breeding ground for closeted gay folk. It's tragic, obviously, but it's most definitely real. These fundies are REALLY ratcheting up the hatred and are becoming increasingly more extreme. They're so scared and so threatened by our community and our advancements. I'm most angry, in this situation, that a child is being used by these bigots to promote a hate-based agenda. They really have no shame. It's crap like this that ultimately makes it obvious that these loons are shooting themselves in the foot.

Posted by: Francis | May 30, 2012 9:13:55 AM

12. Christians need to stop performances like this if they want to be taken seriously in the culture wars. What they need to do that is both faithful to their interpretation of Christianity as well as beneficial politically is to say "We pray for our gay brothers and sisters, that they will come to know Christ and accept His will for their lives. We pray for their safety and peace here on earth and their souls in the next life. Amen." No one could accuse them of being "hateful" if they made statements like this. All they could do is disagree.

Posted by: Mary | May 30, 2012 9:15:04 AM

13. "Time for some cute kitten vids Andy."

I applaud Towleroad for shining a spotlight on this. I don't want "Ignorance is bliss".

Posted by: St. Theresa of Avila | May 30, 2012 9:16:28 AM

14. Are you sure this church is in IN and not NC? I was so hoping it was going to be another NC church. We were on such a roll there for a while. Come on NC fundies, don't let IN show you up!!!

Posted by: Tim NC | May 30, 2012 9:18:24 AM

15. Not that I believe there is a heaven but if there was and I wasn't allowed to go there after I die I'd say HALLELUJAH! Imagine being forced to spend eternity with these troglodytes.

Posted by: Gigi | May 30, 2012 9:33:40 AM

16. Does this mean the pastor isn't going to make it to heaven?

Posted by: john patrick | May 30, 2012 9:35:03 AM

17. Oh man, I just felt incredible profound sadness watching that... I could not even get angry. How these 'christians' can even masquerade as anything lower than shark-sh*t is beyond me... the fact that such hate is taught and applauded by these specimens that have that mission statement on their home page of the website that TL referenced, shows they are not simply ignorant hateful knuckle-draggers but also hypocrites! I wish we could revoke their license to breed... the world does not need more of these creatures!

Posted by: CKNJ | May 30, 2012 9:35:42 AM

18. isn't teaching children to hate people a form of child abuse?

Posted by: chad | May 30, 2012 9:38:08 AM

19. In all honesty, I am a little bit encouraged by these stories. The country is reaching a tipping point. Marriage is now legal in...is it 7 states (I've lost count). The President has endorsed it. Poll after poll shows the country is warming up to it. The Christian Right is FREAKING THE F&$^* OUT. These stories are the signs of a movement that knows it is dying.

Posted by: ATLJason | May 30, 2012 9:38:15 AM

20. Send the guy a civil email. I did. Simply told him he should change the churches homepage if they are going to teach hate. Then I told him I was praying for him and his congregation. Sad to see the Mid West (where I'm grew up) sliding backwards.

Posted by: Steve | May 30, 2012 9:38:32 AM

21. I grew up 20 minutes from Greensburg, IN. I can attest that the hate people feel toward LGBT people runs deep there. At times I wonder how I made it out of high school alive.

Posted by: Joshuapolis | May 30, 2012 9:40:33 AM

22. They are showing their true colors. And this is not just one church, not just one crazy pastor, not just one horribly abused little boy -- this is what Christianity is becoming in America. It isn't what Jesus said -- he obviously could not have cared less about sexuality, he didn't even mention it once. But this is what these sick and tragic people are at their core -- hatred, hatred, hatred in a shiny candy coating.

Posted by: kit | May 30, 2012 9:47:29 AM

23. "And if anyone scandalise one of these my little ones, it is better that he have a millstone tied around his neck and he be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Read your own bible you haters.....
    To teach hate to the children is criminal child abuse and need to be followed by the criminal law.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 30, 2012 10:01:32 AM

24. @ Mary ;

I don't want you or any Christians praying for me.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 30, 2012 10:08:23 AM

25. Still more evidence that Christians recruit children to their sick, evil lifestyle.

Posted by: jomicur | May 30, 2012 10:14:32 AM