Comments

1. Patric says

It wouldn’t be Tuesday if there weren’t another of the never-ending posts re the always annoying Andy Cohen on this site. Every time he burps, Towleroad is certain to catch the action. Time to move over to joemygod for some news of actual significance to our community.

2. dancobbb says

The first sentence spoken by Colbert is such a dig –playing to Andy’s vanity.
    Hilarious.
    But I gotta say, Andy Cohen is one cute guy.
    I’d rip him a new one any day of the week. In fact, I’d rip him a new one several times each day of the week. He’s sexy, guys. C’mon!

3. Hue-Man says

Andy Who? I refuse to watch any of the so-called “reality” shows so I’ve never seen him before. I preferred the well-rehearsed Will & Graceon but the segment was short enough to be OK. Back to my cave…

4. woodroad34 says

Well, when I worked for NBC, we had just purchased Bravo and the fat psycho/sociopath I worked for (she literally threw people down flights of stairs and up against walls) tried her hardest to be where Andy is now; reports were that they all laughed so hard at her. And I will be forever grateful for Bravo’s reaction and Andy getting that position over her.

5. the man in the gray flannel suit says

OK, I don’t know anything about him. I take it he’s gay. He really brings the gay out of Stephen, and Stevie (that’s his bar name) is helping him sell his book, in return for what…..I wonder

6. Randy says

I really don’t care for Andy Cohen. It’s a bit narcissistic to be in charge of programming, and then give yourself your own show. Yeah, he’s attractive, but a lot of people are. I don’t watch the silly shows about Housewives, and I certainly don’t watch his self serving show. It’s all just a little too “aren’t I fabulous?”

7. Reason says

I have such a crush on Andy Cohen. I met him at an event, and he actually was nice as can be just chatting with a couple of us normals. Even my partner who can’t stand him on tv left thinking that Andy seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Note that I’m not trying to convince any of you to give up your Andy hate. To each his own. I just think he’s adorable.

8. Joe says

I love Andy, He’s intelligent charming and very handsome.
    I envy his drive and ambition to make it in this world.
    He’s accomplished so much already, and he’s like only 43!
    Don’t be jealous bitches!

9. Caliban says

In a previous appearance on the Colbert Report, Andy played Stephen’s “Gay Best Friend” (ala Sex & The City, with Colbert doing a SJP type voice over) advising him on whether Mitt Romney was “Mr Right” as a Republican candidate.

It was a great bit and they have great chemistry together. Colbert should make that one of recurring segments.

His appearances on the Colbert Report are my only exposure to him, and while he seems like he’d be exhausting in person, as a TV personality he’s fine.

And FWIW, I love that Colbert portrays his TV “character” as the typical GOP/Fox News homophobe but with unaddressed gay leanings, as in the skit with Eric McCormack.