Andrew Rannells | Justin Bartha | News | Ryan Murphy | Surrogacy | Television

'The New Normal' Gay Couple Andrew Rannells and Justin Bartha Interview a Surrogate: VIDEO

Rannels_bartha

On Friday, I posted a promo photo from The New Normal, the upcoming Also just released is a clip from The New Normal starring Andrew Rannells and Justin Bartha, the new Ryan Murphy series about a gay couple who forms a family with a surrogate. The show also co-stars Ellen Barkin and Nene Leakes.

Here's a brand new clip in which Rannells and Bartha interview the potential surrogate, Goldie.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. @Mary: what about states where gay people aren't even allowed to adopt?

Posted by: PJ | May 14, 2012 11:00:26 PM

2. Mary, your ideas are perfectly sound, you just embellish them more than necessary, as if it all has to be spelled out. Brevity works well. We get it.

Glad you have evolved, it's the only game in town really.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 15, 2012 12:33:09 AM

3. Nene Leakes? What the hell do that want with her? Yuck!

Posted by: Oliver | May 15, 2012 7:35:27 AM

4. ugh. rannells has a serious case of "the show face syndrome." dial it back, girl, dial it back.

Posted by: laQas | May 15, 2012 10:44:47 AM

5. UFFDA, because you approached me in a polite way I'll squelch my impulse to pull "a Kiwi" and respond emotionally with frustration. I'll also attempt to keep it briefer in the future.

PJ, I support letting gay couples adopt and would work toward making this legal in all 50 states.

Jackson, I don't misunnderstand surrogacy. I oppose it for both gay AND straight couples because I think it's unfair to the child. But I AM trying to show you how the many people who don't even support gay adoption yet could be won over.

Posted by: mary | May 15, 2012 10:59:05 AM

6. Who has that kind of money to spend on a surrogacy at that age?? Ridiculous.

Posted by: LJC | May 15, 2012 11:29:02 AM

7. @ Mary: that isn't the point! You made it a point to say gay people should adopt rather than have a child through surrogacy. My point is what about the many states where gay couples are not allowed to adopt? Should they wait for you to work to get it legalized?

Posted by: PJ | May 15, 2012 12:40:50 PM

8. I guess they would have to wait, yes. Or move to a state where gay adoption is legal.

Posted by: mary | May 15, 2012 2:38:12 PM

9. What color is the sky in your world Mary?

Posted by: PJ | May 15, 2012 2:47:12 PM

10. How is surrogacy not fair to a child? How is some straight woman who will never have children of her own, let alone a long-term romantic relationship, in any position to tell couples "the right way" to conceive a child?

*yawn*

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 15, 2012 2:56:33 PM

11. So, mary thinks it's unfair for the child to be born through a surrogate, but doens't think it's unfair for a child of gay parents to have laws preventing their parents from marrying.

don't look for logic and consistency in people whose lives exist with neither.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 15, 2012 2:59:25 PM

12. Yes, in fact it IS unfair to a child of gay parents that the law prevents his parents from marrying. But the children of gay couples are a very small percentage of all children. I have to think of children in general, not just one small subset of children. Hence, my position.

To avoid turning this thread into "why Mary is wrong for opposing surrogacy" and being accused of being an attention whore, I'll end with that.

One more thing: Kiwi, why are you so sure I'm straight? Aren't "anti-gays" always closet cases?

Posted by: mary | May 15, 2012 3:15:43 PM

13. You prove yourself wrong. The stupidity of your stance, if your attempt at logic is to be followed, would also make it "bad for children" if they're given up for adoption, because it would be "unfair" for them to grow up knowing that their birth-mother "didn't want them."

Surrogacy cannot be "unfair for the child" as without the surrogacy the child WOULD NOT BE BORN.

You are a class-A moron.

Posted by: Jay | May 15, 2012 3:21:44 PM