Advertising | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chevy Comes Out for Pride: AD

Chevyrunsdeep

"Volt runs on an electric battery and a gas generator. So, whatever revs your engine, we support you 100%. Happy Motor City Pride from the entire Chevrolet family."

(via imgur)

Comments

1. Wow, we've seen pretty much every at this point so it's very rare to find an ad that's actually clever like this one.

Posted by: Tony | Jun 5, 2012 7:10:58 AM

2. Poor NOM and OMM. Now they have to boycott Chevy too... while NOT having Starbucks coffee... or wearing Nike shoes... or using Google... or shopping at Home Depot... and on and on...

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 5, 2012 7:22:39 AM

3. Cue the 666 deranged mothers.

Posted by: Mawm | Jun 5, 2012 7:24:25 AM

4. Cute!

Posted by: K | Jun 5, 2012 7:31:29 AM

5. I figure we should start our own OMM...One Million 'Mo's.

We publicly (and vocally) support the companies that publicly support us.

Chevy gets the first endorsement and a trophy for its genderless celebration of every facet of the LGBT community.

Bravo.

Posted by: Autarchic | Jun 5, 2012 8:25:15 AM

6. I LOVE this. So clever.

Posted by: Greggie | Jun 5, 2012 8:52:50 AM

7. Cute ad. Very cute. And clever. And just plain damned nice!

Posted by: K in VA | Jun 5, 2012 9:24:52 AM

8. Look! There goes One Million Mom in her garage sale hand me downs being pushed by Tony Perkins in a wheel barrow.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Jun 5, 2012 9:30:45 AM

9. They should run an ad featuring the Corvair saying; "Mom, Dad, I like it in the rear!"

(The Chevrolet Corvair had a rear-mounted engine, for those of you too young to know)

Posted by: Bill | Jun 5, 2012 10:04:39 AM

10. Don't know why but this has brought tears to my eyes. After the last week or so, it's nice to see something so positive especially from such a large and influential corporation. My next car will be a Chevy, that's for sure. Stuff like this matters. Of course, this now means that the 100, I mean the 1,000, I mean the maybebutprobablynotmillionmoms will have to boycott Chevrolet. Good luck with that.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 5, 2012 11:50:32 AM

11. I love the new chevy's, love that they released this ad. Maybe one of a typical gay couple on a road trip next? I never thought i'd see such an influx of LGBT ads. It's not overly in your face, it's clever, it's inclusive, and it's making right wing nuts heads explode. It was awesome to see the GAP ad on the side of a Metro bus as well with no one glancing a second look.

Posted by: Redebbm | Jun 5, 2012 12:17:42 PM

12. @AUTARCHIC, A drag queen, Pandora Boxx, just started a facebook and twitter page called @1MillionQueens..

Posted by: Lucas | Jun 5, 2012 1:00:37 PM

13. So I guess the "Mom. Dad. I'm not as flaming as a Chevy Volt battey." campaign didn't go over so well: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/12/chevrolet-volt-battery-issues-growing-safety-findings-may-have-been-suppressed.html

Posted by: Ruddigore | Jun 5, 2012 1:10:15 PM

14. How are the OMM's going to take their kids to school and soccer practice if they now have to boycott the Suburban, Tahoe and/or Malibu sitting in their garages?

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 5, 2012 3:40:01 PM

15. Wow, One Million Moms (divided by one million) is going to have a real conniption over this one!

Posted by: R | Jun 5, 2012 5:24:10 PM

16. clever. and the impending exploding heads of regressives over this is just gravy.

Posted by: gomez | Jun 5, 2012 9:59:41 PM