Discrimination | Florida | News

Gay Strip Club Swinging Richards Files Nude Suit Against North Miami Beach: VIDEO

SwingingRichards

As the Steven Soderbergh stripper film Magic Mike prepares for its release, a gay strip club in North Miami Beach is experiencing its own drama.

According to CB Jones, owner of the aptly named club, Swinging Richards, North Miami Beach coppers have been cracking down on his nude dancers while allowing female dancers to bare all. And now he's filed a discrimination lawsuit against the city.

"Female dancers have been allowed to dance nude and serve alcohol for years but as soon as a gay club is introduced the city has wanted to enforce old ordinances," he said, according to the Miami Herald.

"Does everyone want to see nude male dancers onstage?" Jones continued. "Unequivocally no, but do they have as much right to view male performers as heterosexual patrons have to view female performers. Is the City’s reaction to nude male performances fair? Is this Equal protection or is this discrimination against gender or sexual preference? What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Quite.

City officials say they have yet to review the lawsuit and have no comment.

AFTER THE JUMP, the not work friendly commercial for Swinging Richards.

Comments

1. "CHRIS,"

MY PHILADELPHIA COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT, "CJ", NOT YOU. "CHRIS," IN REFERENCE TO YOUR COMMENT ABOUT MY CAPITAL LETTERS, IF I AM BANNED, THAT IS FINE. THERE ARE ENOUGH ONLINE SITES OUT THERE. NOT ALL ARE "PICKY" ABOUT YOUR ISSUE. "CHRIS," YOU SEEM TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT "POLITICALLY CORRECT" ISSUES [LIKE, USE OF "NEGRO"], I AM NOT.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 21, 2012 6:07:03 PM

2. PEOPLE,

Google ALL YOU WANT. I AM NOT ASHAMED OF ANYTHING.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 21, 2012 6:13:10 PM

3. I cant recall the name but there used to be an all male strip club just a few miles from there in West Palm Beach. It was within the past 10years. That place was A-Mazing!

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 21, 2012 6:22:38 PM

4. Wow there's a mugshot - love it...

ttp://media.mugshots.com/thumbs/gallery/images/2/a6/37/Christopher-Allen-Horton_mugshot.400x800.jpg

Posted by: Peter Piper | Jun 21, 2012 6:34:10 PM

5. Sue and get PAID! That is BS!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jun 21, 2012 6:57:18 PM

6. I've been to a male strip club in windsor ON twice and wasn't intrigued, aroused or amused. All the performers were young, the basic preferred body type of the moment. the clientele seemed mesmerised but I was bored. but, then, I don't care for look-but-don't touch- but-give -me-money situations.

The greatest turnoff in the ad was one of the strippers chewing gum vociferously.

Aside from that, I don't have a problem with folks spending their own time or money on fantasies. I do the same thing with books and movies.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jun 21, 2012 7:05:08 PM

7. I've been to a male strip club in windsor ON twice and wasn't intrigued, aroused or amused. All the performers were young, the basic preferred body type of the moment. the clientele seemed mesmerised but I was bored. but, then, I don't care for look-but-don't touch- but-give -me-money situations.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jun 21, 2012 7:05:14 PM

8. The CAHorton website is like his remarks here - vulgar and stumbling sure but not really stupid and not really smart, someone who demonstrates that a little learning isn't quite enough and that there's a good deal of room for humility in the life of a big mouth jackass with no sense of form at all.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 21, 2012 9:45:17 PM

9. "UFFDA,"

SAY WHAT YOU WILL. I CAREFULLY ANALYZE EACH WORD SPOKEN AGAINST ME. SO, YOUR "little learning" COMMENT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MY INTELLECT. ALL OF THIS "Googling" EVERYONE IS DOING TELLS ME THERE IS A LOT OF CURIOUSITY ABOUT ME. I AM FLATTERED.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 21, 2012 10:32:43 PM

10. "UFFDA,"

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 21, 2012 10:32:59 PM

11. Find another way to make money. The Meebo bar is tdjit.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Jun 21, 2012 11:46:14 PM

12. Christopher Allen Horton. Stop acting like such a ghetto ignorant fool. You put the angry black man in angry black man. Seriously.

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 22, 2012 12:22:47 AM

13. @ Kyle

LOL thanks for saying what some of us were thinking. It's a complex with people like him. Poor thing. That's why he has his caps lock on hahahah

Posted by: VacationDude | Jun 22, 2012 12:23:42 AM

14. Wow, Awesome this is perfect sutff :)

Posted by: Reuben Rennick | Jun 22, 2012 10:13:45 AM

15. "UFFDA,"

ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD F--K!

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 29, 2012 3:11:08 PM

16. "UFFDA,"

I RECEIVED NO REPLY. YOU KNOW NOTHING OF DARK-PETER-AND-NUTS. TRY ME OUT. CONTACT ME.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 29, 2012 8:06:40 PM

17. Ignoring the tangential flame war here, the real issue is discrimination. This is a "gay rights" issue...if it's OK for women to dance nude, then men should be allowed to as well.

As for those complaining about "hairless," "swimmer's build," "preferred type"...there's a reason that clubs tend to hire what the MAJORITY wants, OK? Go to your leather or bear bar if you want something different, and support the gay-rights issue, not what the dancers look like.

Also, it doesn't matter to me if the dancers are gay or straight, only if they treat their clientele with respect.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 14, 2012 9:06:32 PM

18. Ignoring the tangential flame war here, the real issue is discrimination. This is a "gay rights" issue...if it's OK for women to dance nude, then men should be allowed to as well.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 14, 2012 9:06:33 PM