Glee | Jason Moore | News

'Glee' on Steroids: VIDEO

Pp1

Those of you who wouldn't mind your Glee with a touch of Mean Girls should check out the new trailer for Pitch Perfect, a comedy set for release this October which deals with the cutthroat world of high school a capella groups. It also happens to be directed by the Tony-nominated director of Broadway's Avenue Q, Jason Moore.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Pp2

Comments

1. This just makes me want to make fun of this movie with Fat Amy.

Posted by: Mike Eyers | Jun 15, 2012 9:07:51 AM

2. Another guilty pleasure movie to look forward to.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Jun 15, 2012 9:09:26 AM

3. Not my words, but one of the comments on the YouTube page sums up my feelings to a 't' ...

I hate´╗┐ musicals and any music themed tv show or movie. I also hate cliche'd ____ vs ____ in a school sing off, dance off, etc. That being said, for some reason this movie looks like something I want to watch.

*sigh*

LOL

Posted by: theotherlee | Jun 15, 2012 9:28:58 AM

4. Busy Phillips is clearly the breakout star... again!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Jun 15, 2012 9:33:11 AM

5. Busy Phillips is clearly the breakout star... again!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Jun 15, 2012 9:33:13 AM

6. Busy Phillips is clearly the breakout star... again!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Jun 15, 2012 9:33:13 AM

7. Busy Phillips is clearly the breakout star... again!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Jun 15, 2012 9:33:13 AM

8. Fat Amy has some great one liners but there are far too many white people in this movie.

Posted by: Joshuapolis | Jun 15, 2012 9:41:32 AM

9. Sounds a little pitchy.

Posted by: S. | Jun 15, 2012 9:46:25 AM

10. oh rebel, you're everwhere these days. atleast she isn't channeling her old fat mandy character lol

Posted by: luke | Jun 15, 2012 9:47:37 AM

11. omg. this is fantastic. For anyone who's seen her in that horrid guilty pleasure "Camp", Im sure glad we get to see and hear Anna Kendrick sing again :)

Posted by: jim | Jun 15, 2012 9:56:30 AM

12. omg. this is fantastic. For anyone who's seen her in that horrid guilty pleasure "Camp", Im sure glad we get to see and hear Anna Kendrick sing again :)

Posted by: jim | Jun 15, 2012 9:56:34 AM

13. LOL!

"I have a feeling we should kiss..."

"I sometimes I have a feeling I should do crystal meth then I think 'Mmm, better not.'"

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Jun 15, 2012 9:58:29 AM

14. LOL!

"I have a feeling we should kiss..."

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Jun 15, 2012 9:58:39 AM

15. If Q. Allan Broka and Anna Kendrick are associated with it, I'm in, despite all reasons not to.

Posted by: luminum | Jun 15, 2012 10:01:11 AM

16. If Q. Allan Brocka and Anna Kendrick are associated with it, I'm in, despite all reasons not to.

Posted by: luminum | Jun 15, 2012 10:01:23 AM

17. It sounds like they WISELY decided to nix the a capella thing and go with some backup instrumentation... or is that how they do a capella in high school these days? or just at high schools where all the students are in their twenties?

Posted by: Jacques | Jun 15, 2012 10:08:53 AM

18. Looks like campy fun, but Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin') is 4th billed on IMDb and I didn't see him in the trailer, unless he's heavily made up to look completely different.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jun 15, 2012 10:20:04 AM

19. "Cutthroat world of high school a capella?" Was that line written with a straight face?

Posted by: Butch | Jun 15, 2012 10:37:06 AM

20. @Henry,

Yeah, I watched the trailer a couple of times and didn't "see" him anywhere in it. I have also found the order that "stars" are listed on IMBD isn't exactly the best barometer of where their "billing" is in the movie. He could have a small bit part for all we know.

@Jim,

Yes, CAMP was another guilty pleasure. But it also introduced us to Daniel Letterle (Vlad) who went on to do the other guilty pleasure known as The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green.

Sometimes its just good to turn off being "so serious" and just allow the fun to happen.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Jun 15, 2012 11:57:14 AM

21. @Henry,

@Jim,

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Jun 15, 2012 11:57:14 AM

22. Glee has gotten pretty stale (both music and plot wise) so this might be a good guilty pleasure.

Posted by: Sam | Jun 15, 2012 1:28:12 PM

23. Gotta see it!

Posted by: John Simpson | Jun 15, 2012 3:21:09 PM

24. I've never seen her before but I'm now officially in love with Rebel Wilson ("Fat Amy"). And, yes, Anna Kendrick is wonderful!

This movie looks like fun (esp. considering how much Glee has slipped).

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 15, 2012 4:16:59 PM

25. Yeah, this looks so much better than Glee, Fat Amy rocks, love her carwash vibe, what's to lose? I'll be seeing it (if IT ever gets here).

What else has Rebel Wilson done? Oh, imdb