BigGayDeal.com

Obama Reprimands 'Daily Caller' Creep for Heckling Behavior in Rose Garden: VIDEO

Rosegarden

President Obama announced his new immigration rules today regarding halting deportations of young DREAM Act-eligible immigrants and in the process was questioned/heckled by Neil Munro, a reporter from Tucker Carlson's conservative rag The Daily Caller.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

CNN:

At one point after the President addressed him directly, Munro called out, "What about American workers who are unemployed while you employ foreigners?"

"Excuse me sir, it is not the right time for questions sir," Obama said as Munro shouted questions. "Not while I'm speaking."

"The next time I prefer you let me finish my statements before you ask your question," Obama said later in his remarks. "I didn't ask for an argument, I'm answering your question."

Comments

1. Revoke his White House pass.... a.s.a.p. Idiot.

Posted by: Ken | Jun 15, 2012 3:28:39 PM

2. Apparently any yahoo can get a WH press pass.

Posted by: MIKEY | Jun 15, 2012 3:32:49 PM

3. The interruption shows how disrespectful and absurd they right is. The question was utterly ridiculous anyway. I also hope that his WH press pass is revoked!

Posted by: Mickey | Jun 15, 2012 3:34:05 PM

4. NM no manners, escort him out. Thank you.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 15, 2012 3:34:22 PM

5. Racism in action, folks.

This lower life-form has no respect for the President because the President is black. He's trying to rectify that by treating tthe President like a servant who ought to "know his place."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 15, 2012 3:39:55 PM

6. I agree this is racism in action. I'm hearing this shill is an Irish immigrant who works for Tucker Carlson's The Daily Ratbastard.

I'm Irish and the irony of an immigrant lambasting the president for helping other immigrants is completely repulsive to me.

What a rude little shi@t. I blame bath salts.

Posted by: yonquersconquers | Jun 15, 2012 3:44:09 PM

7. Have manners gone out of style?

Posted by: Oliver | Jun 15, 2012 3:57:40 PM

8. They hate the idea of "entitlements" and "liberal elitism," yet the Daily Caller crowd, led by Tucker Carlson, acts like the biggest bunch of whiny, spoiled babies who never had to wait in line as children. They're Republicans only because their fathers were rich.

And for some reason, they always remind me of GOProuders.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jun 15, 2012 4:00:50 PM

9. Americans wouldn't be unemployed if your buddies weren't so busy shipping jobs overseas to maximize profits and maintain their huge bonuses.

But Obama, as much as I like him, don't have the nerve to say that.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jun 15, 2012 4:03:08 PM

10. Carney needs to take Daily Caller's Tucker Carlson to the woodshed and read him the riot act over the shocking actions of his mouthy GOPer minion Munro. And, oh, yeah, jerk the SOB's WH press pass while you're at it. That disrespectful show has no place for ANY president.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jun 15, 2012 4:05:18 PM

11. "America the Beautiful with Neil Munro" will start airing on Fox News this weekend. They love crap like this.

First the "You Lie!" at State of the Union, then that awful pointy-shouty pic of Obama and Jan Brewer and now this. I wonder WHAT about Obama makes him so special a President that right-wingers feel they can treat him this way?

Posted by: Mo | Jun 15, 2012 4:10:45 PM

12. @ oliver. Yes manners went out of style when granny and granddad made it their top priority to remove an educated, articulate, gracious, hard working, black man from the white house.
    They have emboldened the tea bag party with their money and support merely because boomers cannot stomach an african american running the country.
    You can wrap the crap up in excess spending, or socialism, or weakness, or obamacare......but it still smells of white arrogance and bigotry.
    My parents? perfect example. Life long southern democrats. Had very little problem with me coming out. Now that a black man is in the white house they watch fox news all day.
    unfortunately my mothers favorite quote is "Its called a white house for a reason."
    Its sickening that this country cannot move on from WW2, baby boom era, 1950's ideals and mores. And by supporting the flea party rethuglicans, the boomers are shooting their own children in the foot. The right is determined to turn this country's clock back to pre teddy roosevelt times.

Posted by: stevenelliot | Jun 15, 2012 4:23:22 PM

13. I see bow tie-wearing, sissy-boy, Tucker Carlson, didn't have the cajones to disrupt the Rose Garden announcement so he sent one of his loyalists to do the deed.

Posted by: Christopher di Spirito | Jun 15, 2012 4:25:26 PM

14. This is just like when the Gov of AZ was shoving her finger in Obama's face. Rude racism.

Posted by: Edd | Jun 15, 2012 4:36:26 PM

15. @Mo

Actually even a commentator is condemning this guy on fox!!

Here's the clip:

Posted by: Paul | Jun 15, 2012 4:38:44 PM

16. @Mo, it's because he's black.

Posted by: Edd | Jun 15, 2012 4:40:13 PM

17. You're at the white house...button your damn shirt and pull up your tie you classless arrogant pos...

seriously..

Posted by: amaezm | Jun 15, 2012 4:41:58 PM

18. The reporter should have shown more respect, to be sure.

On the other hand, with this action, Obama is clearly trying to racialize the Presidential election, so he should hardly be surprised if that results in his race becoming an issue with a lot of people, particularly when so many citizens are in dire economic straits.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 15, 2012 4:46:49 PM

19. I really can't understand why my age and race peers are so stupidly thick headed and backward regarding this president. I am a 66 year old white man who appreciates what Obama is trying to do. I hate to think that my peers are so blindly racsist that they would sell the country out to the rich...and yet I can see that many are just that blind and hate filled.
    There is one old fashioned response I'd like to see on the Presidents part. I really would love for him to walk into the crowd and punch that sorry SOB right in the mouth. Aahhh it would be so sweet...then give himself a presidential pardon. An old man can dream...

Posted by: Steve | Jun 15, 2012 4:50:23 PM

20. I'm all for aggressive questioning, but when the President is making a prepared statement conveying his government's policies, he should be allowed to finish said remarks before being slammed with race-baiting and racist questioning.

Shame, shame, shame. If I were Obama, I wouldn't have been as measured in my response.

If Congress won't act, this approach is essential.

Obama may not win, but he is defining the debates for the next 20 years. The changing demographics may still tip on either side right NOW... but I wouldn't want to be a Republican in 10-20 years when the Millenials start voting in force and with regularity. All this fire and brimstone and homophobia and mysogony won't soon be forgotten. They'll wander the wilderness for 20 years.

Posted by: John | Jun 15, 2012 5:04:40 PM

21. Shep Smith & Wallace over at Faux both aghast at what reporter did

every so often those 2 show signs of sanity......the only 2 to show signs of sanity over at Faux

Posted by: say what | Jun 15, 2012 5:31:30 PM

22. Revoke not just this ass's press pass, but everyone from the Daily Caller.

Posted by: Jw | Jun 15, 2012 5:36:54 PM

23. I listened to Malcolm Gladwell's interview on the radio last week: "He said his mixed race was never an issue in Canada. He grew up in Elmira, Ontario, a strongly Mennonite community and then went to Trinity College, University of Toronto, which was so “effortlessly diverse” that he didn’t remotely stand out.” He said it wasn’t until he moved to America that he realised the big deal that Americans made out of race. He described the American racial experience as very toxic."

Posted by: Hue-Man | Jun 15, 2012 6:01:49 PM

24. A boorish conservative. What a surprise.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Jun 15, 2012 6:08:28 PM

25. Part of the willingness of the "Christian Right" to overlook Romney's cult polytheism doubtless comes from the certainty that HE is Super-White.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jun 15, 2012 6:15:17 PM