Music | One Direction

'That Makes You Homosexual' Is The Best, Gayest One Direction Cover: VIDEO

OneOrientation

Serious hats off to the gents behind One Orientation's "That Makes You Homosexual", a loving homage to boy band One Direction's massive hit "What Makes You Beautiful."

It had me in stitches. These boys definitely speak the truth, Ruth.

Watch this hilarious parody AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I don't see out people like the guys in this video living lives of misery, Rick. I see hateful guys like you living miserably. They're showing fun visibly and you're showing hate, secretly. I'm really lucky that my mom and dad and my older brother love me for who I am. They don't say I should be anything else. You talk about bullying but here you are saying that it's my fault if I get bullied because I didn't try harder to act like someone else!! I like who I am and the people who matter like me for who I am too. People get bullied because losers like you don't stand up for them.

Posted by: Jamie | Jun 14, 2012 3:53:28 PM

2. Wow, Jamie. I (and I'm sure many others here) am impressed with your insight and your strength. At 18 years old. Wow.

Oh, for God's sake, Rick. And who was one of Alexander's great loves? A EUNUCH!!!! His name was Bagoas. He was a tough cookie but still a eunuch--probably with make-up.

(I didn't know whether to use "he" or "she" for a eunuch. Some of them didn't become that way by choice.)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 14, 2012 3:57:39 PM

3. Jamie, kiddo, you're gonna be just fine.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jun 14, 2012 4:08:35 PM

4. "Did Alexander the Great behave effeminately? No."

Wow! Rick has been around so long he remembers Alexander the Great. Now we know what's wrong with him - very, very advanced dementia.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 14, 2012 4:14:20 PM

5. One last word of advice to you, Jamie. That is great that you have a family that loves you, but that is your family.

What you don't know yet is that the world is a rough-and-tumble place. You will find that out as you make your own way in life.

Right now, before you do that, though, look around. Can you think of a single successful man in the world who behaves like the boys in that video? Maybe in some stereotypical role like a fashion designer, but that is about it.

Those gay men who have succeeded--in just about every field--are those who behave with a masculine demeanor that brings them respect in the social mainstream.....whether in the media, in business, in politics, in the sports world, even in Hollywood. Just using the media alone as an example, consider Anderson Cooper, Shep Smith, Don Lemon, and Tom Roberts. Do any of them behave effeminately? Would they be where they are if they did?

You will find that those who behave effeminately are pretty much absent from the upper echelons of society, across the board.

You will also find that gay men, themselves, almost all place a premium on masculine behavior when it comes to how attractive they find another man.

So you really cannot go wrong if you embrace masculinity, whereas if you don't you are likely to find rejection, failure, and unhappiness is your fate.

It is your choice--and it IS a choice. Just make sure for your own sake that you make the right one.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 14, 2012 4:24:55 PM

6. So if anyone possesses any of these "gay stereotypes", then they're considered gay, right?

Nice. Keep perpetuating gay stereotypes and the gay community will never be accepted anywhere.

Ridiculous retards.

Posted by: Jian | Jun 14, 2012 4:36:50 PM

7. Mmmm. So, Jamie, your ability to become a national news anchor could require conformity to a certain model. Would that model eliminate the majority of straight men also? I believe so. The issue fundamentally is that people tend to initially reject what they're not familiar with. But the more we see new things, the more we accept them, and incorporate them into the concept of "we." This is why visibility is so important. Change has occurred, and is continuing to occur, because of people refusing to hide. Yes, some of the bigotry Rick talks about is there. If that's not ok with you, then go out and prove the bigots wrong. Jews have fought to do it. Blacks have fought to do it. Women have fought to do it. Every group that has been in a minority power position has faced, and still faces, obstacles presented by the prejudices of the majority. How you handle that affects not only your life but the lives of others. The thing is, if you're willing to be seen as different, eventually you're not seen as different. It can be a vicious world, but that doesn't mean you don't fight it.

Posted by: Linda | Jun 14, 2012 4:58:43 PM

8. Stupid tired sterotypes of gays who are lemmings and not really individual souls. This song celebrates that and tnat and it suck.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 14, 2012 5:13:12 PM

9. Hilarious.

Sidebar: i'm not fond of blonds but he is fabulous! you know, the one with teeth for days! you know, the one with 1% body fat. you know, the one that looks like Gerry from 1Girl5Gays!

Posted by: KDNA | Jun 14, 2012 5:47:57 PM

10. The guy in the hat is ripshit funny.

The cute one looks like stephen webber from wings.

Yeah, I know. I need tO update my references.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Jun 14, 2012 7:03:47 PM

11. The guy in the hat is ripshit funny.

The cute one looks like stephen webber from wings.

Yeah, I know. I need tO update my references.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Jun 14, 2012 7:03:50 PM

12. Consider this folks...in 31 years of swishing around wherever I want in public, screeching gay slogans, parading in high heels with a feather boa over my shoulders and just generally acting purposely like a repellant queen I have only been attacked five of six times and beaten within an inch of my life for no fault of my own. Yet every time I have stood back up and done it again because no matter what other people do to you IT IS NEVER YOUR OWN FAULT. Remember: you never have to learn anything about life when you are doing exactly as you please, all you have to do is get more and more offensive until EVERYONE ELSE CHANGES.

Posted by: LITTLE KIWI | Jun 14, 2012 7:23:19 PM

13. Do we KNOW that Rick is closeted? Has he said so or do people just assume that? Just curious, honest.

Rick, how would you deal with me?

I've forgotten more about sports than you'll ever know, until my knees gave out played in straight baseball and basketball leagues, can work on a car, have no trace of femme in my voice and my wrists are straight as an arrow etc. etc.

I also went to the ballet last week (the Bolshoi doing "Swan Lake" FABULOUS), am a huge opera fan, love art and classical music and poetry and all that.

So tell me, you smug, sanctimonious bore, am *I* going to feel the slings and arrows of straight society because I went to the ballet last week? Or does my being able to change the carburetor on my car cancel that out?

Hurry, I'm dying to know.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jun 14, 2012 8:43:06 PM

14. Second verse (and third, fourth, fifth, ad infinatum), same as the first. It ain't no better but it gets much worse.

Poor, sad, you know who.

And I think that posting as someone else has gotten even older than count down to X in 3-2-1...

Posted by: TJ | Jun 14, 2012 11:37:59 PM

15. Second verse (and third, fourth, fifth, ad infinatum), same as the first. It ain't no better but it gets much worse.

Poor, sad, you know who.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 14, 2012 11:38:07 PM

16. Clever and fun, but I would've liked some more verses so that the humor kept building--by the third repetition, I was starting to whistle "Is That All There Is?" Still think the Key of Awesome's parody is funnier (and more lethal).

Posted by: Dback | Jun 15, 2012 12:07:18 AM

17. the video is cute-ish but i have to concur with those who express dismay over the list of silly stereotypes that are, supposedly, things that homosexuals do.
    ..and when did guys start referring to their genitals as "junk" ?? we used to call them 'jewels'. why are we participating in the devaluing of men ? the misandry that is rampant in our society doesn't need our help.

Posted by: el polacko | Jun 15, 2012 3:14:34 AM

18. Henry Holland your comment made me laugh out loud!

Posted by: Rory | Jun 15, 2012 5:41:26 AM

19. Henry Holland your comment made me laugh out loud!

Posted by: Rory | Jun 15, 2012 5:41:35 AM

20. I'm lovin Rick's tirade against "feminine" gays, but then he gets pissed when others try to break up masculinity into hetero and homo classifications. It's people like Rick who see no problem with successful black women poisoning their skin with lightening creams just to conform to society's idea of beautiful. The message is to compromise yourself until you become successful, and when you make your millions throw yourself a big ol' "SURPRISE! I'm ________" party. But you never see those parties because by the time you get to that level of success you have become exactly what you spent your life fighting against and berate the next generation for not following in your illustrious footsteps.
    Jamie, the only way to change society for the better is to fight the hard battles to get to the top without compromising yourself and who you are. In doing so, you'll suffer but you'll make it that much easier for the next person who thanks to your efforts can now move a little farther up than you because they can pick up where you left off. Love and a sense of responsibility to the next generation -- it's a powerful combo <3

Posted by: Jae | Jun 15, 2012 6:21:27 AM

21. well...i am not offended by this per se, however, if these are straight guys who are mocking gay guys it is offensive!! if these are gay guys, then its cute because most of what they are saying is true!!

Posted by: tommyboy10T | Jun 15, 2012 7:43:01 AM

22. well...i am not offended by this per se, however, if these are straight guys who are mocking gay guys it is offensive!! if these are gay guys, then its cute because most of what they are saying is true!!

Posted by: tommyboy10T | Jun 15, 2012 7:43:03 AM

23. Hey Everybody!

The Girls are ALL out today (and by girls, I mean trolls..) Everybody give a warm welcome to Joe, Larry and Rick (among others)!!!

Posted by: bornready2 | Jun 15, 2012 7:56:35 AM

24. and a not particularly funny youtube parody ends up being a jumping off point for idiots. i love the internets.

Posted by: who cares | Jun 15, 2012 11:19:02 AM

25. and a not particularly funny youtube parody ends up being a jumping off point for idiots. i love the internets.

Posted by: who cares | Jun 15, 2012 11:19:10 AM