Advertising | Gay Marriage | Military | News

A Smoke-Free Gay Military Marriage Proposal: VIDEO

Socrush

Whether or not this is real, it's definitely evidence that the folks at anti-smoking campaign CRUSH have a firm grip on what's going viral these days.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via afterelton)

Comments

1. Rough night, Andy? You forgot the video.

Posted by: Solomon | Jun 1, 2012 9:25:22 AM

2. Here's the link to the vid. http://youtu.be/ILqd4VS6V_s

Posted by: David W | Jun 1, 2012 9:34:38 AM

3. Cheers, David W :)

Posted by: Solomon | Jun 1, 2012 9:37:11 AM

4. I don't know if it's fake or real so whoever made it did a great job. I hope it's real.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Jun 1, 2012 9:42:22 AM

5. CRUSH appears to be a program of the Southern Nevada Health district. It is a very slick organization that seems to have a lot of money behind it. As far as I can tell, it's mission is to get smoking out of gay bars and clubs in Las Vegas, which feels like a very narrow mission for an organization that looks to have that much in the way of resources behind it.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 1, 2012 10:10:22 AM

6. It's fake. Obviously so. Nice try tho. Looks good. Gays wouldn't give up their smokes that easily anyway.

Posted by: Old Skooler | Jun 1, 2012 10:48:27 AM

7. Well Old Skooler - giving up his cigarettes was the price my husband had to pay for me. I guess he thought I was worth it.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 1, 2012 12:37:05 PM

8. I hate cynics. My husband and I, of five years gave up smoking after our first year of dating. It was unhealthy and dirty, while enjoyable. But we both wanted to be fitter for each other.

Posted by: Gregg | Jun 1, 2012 1:29:32 PM

9. I hope it helps some people quit, but it was so completely fake that I couldn't really get into it.

Posted by: RandySf | Jun 1, 2012 2:16:19 PM

10. Fake? I don't care, actually. Real or fake it's really sweet, and sexy.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Jun 1, 2012 5:51:45 PM

11. It's definitely a public service announcement, guys. The actors (friends of mine) are an actual couple though.

Posted by: Rich | Jun 1, 2012 5:58:35 PM

12. SO, IT IS "UNCOOL" TO PRACTICE "RAW" UNSAFE SEX BECAUSE YOU MAY GET AIDS - NOW, IT IS "UNCOOL" FOR HOMOSEXUALS TO SMOKE. WELL, I AM GOING TO, "do what I do," AND FORGET THESE FOOLS. LIFE IS ABOUT LIVING; NOT, ABOUT LIVING A LONG TIME. HEALTH CONCERNS ARE OUT-OF-CONTROL.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 1, 2012 10:14:37 PM

13. Troll

Posted by: GeorgeM | Jun 1, 2012 11:13:09 PM

14. Um, GEORGE M, make that scary, stupid, crazy-ass troll.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 1, 2012 11:20:26 PM

15. And I gave up smoking 25 years ago for my partner so there's that.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 1, 2012 11:21:35 PM

16. Right
    I love how str8 guys come on here and read. Maybe he really wants a key to the club house but his wife won't let him

Posted by: GeorgeM | Jun 1, 2012 11:31:54 PM

17. "GEORGEM" AND "TJ,"
    IF I WANTED TO TAKE THE TIME, I COULD GO THROUGH THE VARIOUS THREADS AND COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES I HAVE SEEN YOUR NAMES. IT IS OFFENSIVE TO THINK PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE INTEREST. WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA THAT BEING A "Troll" IS A BAD THING, MUST HAVE THE INTELLECT OF A BLACK-EYED PEA.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 1, 2012 11:41:44 PM

18. IF I WANTED TO TAKE THE TIME, I COULD GO THROUGH THE VARIOUS THREADS AND COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES I HAVE SEEN YOUR NAMES

We are on a lot thanks
    Being a troll is an interest? The site usually has gay readers, just wondering why you're here. Most times, maybe not this time, people do drive by's. Come on say something, piss people off then leave and they know their doing it. What's your story??
    Do you come on here often?

Posted by: GeorgeM | Jun 2, 2012 12:23:43 AM

19. Wait... Maybe I took your comment wrong

Posted by: GeorgeM | Jun 2, 2012 12:42:03 AM

20. GEORGE M - besides the evidence on this site (most recently, not wanting to pass judgement on sexual preferences re: the sick f**ck who recorded his murdering,f*ckimg, and eating his victim), google CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON. He gets around, and spreads the crazy.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 2, 2012 2:07:19 AM

21. As a physician I see the carnage that smoking wreaks. What a s**t show. When new staff members join us and see the gasping, the walkers, the oxygen tanks and the ENDLESS visits for strokes, visual impairment, blood disorders etc they all quit smoking. It is so grim, and the ones who are literally falling apart, stinkily, all assumed they would just die suddenly and painlessly. Nope. Most suffer enormously and the burden they place on their loved ones for whatever enjoyment smoking gave them is beyond piggish.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 2, 2012 8:10:55 AM

22. "TJ" (2 JUNE; 2:07:19 AM),
    Luka Rocco Magnotta IS GETTING A "RAW" DEAL BECAUSE OF HIS PAST IN MALE EROTICA AND HIS DESIRE TO BE A "LONER." THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GIVING HIM MORAL SUPPORT. I UNDERSTAND HIM. ON LOCAL-NEWS BROADCASTS AROUND THE UNITED STATES, NEGRO MALES ARE ACCUSED OF HORRIBLE CRIMES. IF YOU RECALL, SIR, Orenthal James Simpson WAS PROSECUTED AND FOUND "NOT GUILTY." Mr. Magnotta DESERVES FRIENDLY SUPPORT.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 2, 2012 8:49:57 AM

23. Um, no, CHRISTOPHER, the sick f*ck is getting what he deserves because he videotaped himself killing animals, then videotaped himself killing, f*cking, and eating a fellow human being. That you would bring up OJ being acquitted tells me even more about you, more than I want to know. Go away.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 2, 2012 11:20:03 AM

24. ROB - as a physician, have you no appreciation that nicotine is a highly addictive substance? Have you no understanding that everyday that one smokes with no consequences - like getting a tan year after year - reinforces the belief that one will not suffer consequences, or that consequences will occur in the far distant future? Or that choices are often made based on what feels good in the moment rather than loftier, future-oriented goals?

Piggish just seems a harsh word, coming from a professional.

Posted by: TJ | Jun 2, 2012 11:28:49 AM

25. I'm currently in the process of quitting the smokes for my partner, but most of all for me. In the last three weeks, I cut over from burning smokes to electronic cigarettes, reducing my burning cigarettes from a pack a day to less than a pack a week.

Posted by: PurpleMango | Jun 6, 2012 3:07:43 PM