Comments

1. Fix It Again Tony says

1) Why does he have to sound like he’s mocking southern black women? Next thing I’d expect out of his mouth would be “You be watin’ fo’ him like a SPYDAH!”
    2) A “history” would not include dates in the future.

I’m kind of offended on all sorts of levels.

2. Dignan says

Fix It Again Tony is right. I thought he was moments away from a full-blown impression of Prissy from Gone with the Wind. “Lawzy, I don’t know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ babies!”
    Strange & kind of offensive.

3. Richard Skolasky says

I agree that it doesn’t represent the full spectrum of our community (would anything), but the video definitely had some funny moments. Case in point, “When I walked into the room, they threw up”. I don’t know if that is a good thing or not :)

4. Gene in L.A. says

His attitude, adopted by a straight person, would be seen as an insult; and a history of ANYTHING gay that starts with 1991 is beyond bogus. Please take this down.

5. Zlick says

Well, I can’t even decide if it’s lame or not. First lesson in making a video based entirely on language – make sure you’re not recording it in an echo chamber. (I couldn’t make out most of what he was saying, so gave up in the mid-90’s.)

6. Bob says

NOT imitating Southern Black women —
    Imitating Black queens in NYC. I am also SO over White Gay men in NYC who think that dressing like Puerto Rican teens makes them cool.

7. alex says

This sucked. I just made the mistake of looking at his YouTube channel and this idiot has made an enormous amount of crap. It’s so sad to see people who are so delusional about their own talent. The internet just makes it too easy.

8. alex says

9. alex says

10. qj201 says

History of Gay Slang = Polari

Google it, you’d be surprised how much of Polari slang is still in use

That video was TIRED (not sure what year that was).

11. Myles Miller says

My favorite line was, The IPad 9 is like Louisa May Alcott on Vicodin. I am still laughing. I, for 53 years have grown to appreciate the fine art of comedy. After all, I lived with a man who was responsible for my twisted thinking-My father. BTW-Happy Father’s Day, Dad-I miss you. My father had me and my friends in stitches with an extreme stone face. He also taught me to laugh at myself. I look in the mirror and laugh for about an hour or two or three etc. He sounded just like a lot of people in the gay community where I live. Don’t take life to serious. Enjoy parody. Just food for thought.

Myles

12. Ash says

Silly me, I was hoping for an actual history of gay slang that delved into Polari and so forth. But no, we couldn’t have anything that actually gave the culture and language any real credit…