2012 Election | Discrimination | Fred Karger | Republican Party | Utah

Utah GOP Official's Wife Blasts 'Wicked' Fred Karger

FredKargerUtah

There was never even a remote possibility that Fred Karger would win the GOP presidential nomination. Forget for a second his lack of name recognition, the fact that he's never held a public office and that he trailed in fundraising. The biggest hurdle for Karger, a former Republican strategist, has always been that he's openly gay.

But that was also the point of his quixotic campaign: to show GOP voters, and others, that there are such things as gay Republicans and that our nation as a whole needs to be more receptive to LGBT politicos. His message, however, didn't always resonate within his own party, as Karger learned during a recent trip to Utah.

Though Karger and Washington County GOP Chairman Willie Billings got on swimmingly, Billings' wife was absolutely incensed over the mere idea of a gay politician.

ABC News explains:

Karger gave Billings some campaign paraphernalia, including a Frisbee and a T-Shirt. When Billings brought the souvenirs home, however, his wife, Nanette Billings, threw them in the garbage and fired off an email to Karger, calling him "a radical idiot" and saying "thank goodness" he "cant procreate."
...

Billings also claims that Karger's campaign was just him "thinking of himself."

"He's not running for president to fix something in the country—he's thinking of his own personal agenda, period," she said.

Billings also told the Los Angeles Times that she "would never support him" because Karger cannot procreate, which she thinks is "totally wicked." Does that mean that infertile women are wicked, as well?

Comments

1. I read about this woman's comments yesterday and I was appalled, but not surprised. This raises the $billion question: If that is what Republicans think of gays, why is any GBLT person a Republican???? Pleaseeeeeeeee someone give me a rational and logical answer! Also, if a single straight person runs for office, does that mean he or she is seeking out sexual partners? And, how about men or women who cannot conceive due to some medical or physical reason? Again, how does a GBLT person vote for a party that thinks that being gay is all about the sex? If I hear one more person say that the Republican party is all inclusive, well I will SCREAM!!!!!!

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 14, 2012 1:51:24 PM

2. Who is this woman? I was an openly-gay Utah State Senator for five years and I never heard of or from this nut job. She must have been living under a rock because there were multiple openly-gay elected officials in Utah over the last decade but none of us seemed to get her panties in a wad. And by the way, I'm pretty sure Fred is capable of procreating, as most other gays and lesbians are, so she's an idiot on many levels.

Posted by: Scott McCoy | Jun 14, 2012 1:52:39 PM

3. I bet this woman is a lousy lay.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 14, 2012 2:10:54 PM

4. I bet this woman is a lousy lay.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 14, 2012 2:10:57 PM

5. I bet this woman is a lousy lay.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 14, 2012 2:10:58 PM

6. I bet this woman is a lousy lay.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 14, 2012 2:10:59 PM

7. I bet this woman is a lousy lay.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 14, 2012 2:11:03 PM

8. The very concept of a gay Republican is abhorrent to me. Thankfully, most gay people of intelligence, dignity and self respect realize that Fred is thinking only of himself and his personal aggrandizement. His presidential bid was a worthless waste of time for us all.

Posted by: Modern Meet | Jun 14, 2012 2:18:27 PM

9. The very concept of a gay Republican is abhorrent to me. Thankfully, most gay people of intelligence, dignity and self respect realize that Fred is thinking only of himself and his personal aggrandizement. His presidential bid was a worthless waste of time for us all.

Posted by: Modern Meet | Jun 14, 2012 2:18:33 PM

10. Just another example of MORMONITY. See the post with the "happily married Gay man" -- mormons are holding out the hope that if they are nice to Gay mormons, they will stay in the church and marry heterosexually.
    BRAINWASHING REMOVES REASONING POWER.

Posted by: Bob | Jun 14, 2012 2:53:19 PM

11. "My feeling is the only reason he's running for president is to find more [sexual] partners," Nanette Billings told Yahoo News in a phone interview. "To get more people on his bandwagon."

Something tells me she was a popular ride in high school, at least on the hayride...

Posted by: BobN | Jun 14, 2012 3:22:19 PM

12. Move on, folks, nothing to see here. Just another suburban political wife who had 3 too many martoonis at lunch.

Posted by: jim | Jun 14, 2012 3:48:53 PM

13. Remember LGBT folks unless you are brain dead vote DEMOCRAT in November 2012!!!!!

Posted by: andrew | Jun 14, 2012 9:46:22 PM

14. Well, I'll be damned. The world is really turning my way. I always wondered the origin of the "C" word! Thanky Ma'am. I appreciate you spelling it out for me.

I wonder how much longer before I find out the "homosexual agenda"?

Posted by: Mark | Jun 15, 2012 12:35:49 AM